Join our server on Discord

ALERT! - Conficker Virus
there is a new virus that is supposed to be pretty bad coming out tomorrow for more info go here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuJkmSdCf3o

and to scan your computer for the conficker virus use this link

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AD724AE0-E72D-4F54-9AB3-75B8EB148356&displaylang=en

im using the microsoft download to do a full scan on my computer now
THIS IS NO JOKE IT WAS ON MICROSOFT HOME PAGE!!!!!!!!
ROLL TIDE BAYBAY  Rena
Renamon's Army
You do know what day tomorrow is, right? Microsoft isn't above a little joke.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
it might be a joke but i still golnna take precautions. my computer has already crashed once this year and i dont wanna go through all that again.
FYI microsoft put out a 250,000 dollar reward for who made the virus
ROLL TIDE BAYBAY  Rena
Renamon's Army
There's no worms detected in my computer today, even though i let my computer online. This virus only infected the unprotected computer.
Find me at SoFurry.com and Furrypile.co.uk
[Image: 3813135.png] [img][Image: YVNJ5.gif][/img]
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Creative Minds
Look, we don't even know what this virus will do, so shut the hell up until you actually know what you're talking about. All anyone but the maker knows is it is to receive orders on April 1st, NOTHING MORE. (so far)
(04-01-2009 08:49 AM)attackofthematt Wrote: FYI microsoft put out a 250,000 dollar reward for who made the virus

Isn't this a DEAD GIVEAWAY that it's a joke? WHO GIVES MONEY TO VIRUS MAKERS?! :P
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
[Image: a1u743.jpg]

"As of 13 February 2009, Microsoft is offering a $250,000 USD reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the individuals behind the creation and/or distribution of Conficker."

I guess Microsoft was planning this April Fool's joke almost two months in advance, huh? They aren't offering money to the people that made the virus, they're offering money for information that leads to an arrest.

The Conficker virus -IS- real. The update on April 1st? I don't know. Just because something happens on the first of April does not mean it's a joke. "THERE'S A VIRUS THAT'S GOING TO DESTROY YOUR COMPUTER!" "Oh no! What do I do?! All my family photos are on there!" "LOL, APRIL FOOLS."

And Magus, come on. There's being blunt, and then there's being aggressive in a situation that doesn't call for it. The guy was just trying to help.
In soviet goggles, Russia does nothing.
I got my hands on some info a lil bi before the big AF joke. But anyway. The Virus itself is suppose to give a clip of a movie to automatically open. When you think that's it they give a source code onto your login.dll file and implant a shutdown code. But they added something that makes it never able to turn on again. So in reality its an easy fix unless it fries the motherboard. btw People its a virus not then end of the world. Once this PC goes out ill just get a job and buy a mac. So eh don't be to worried

Before i forget. You wont be able to detect this virus either. Eh
That's the virus that lost me the use of my laptop. No seriously, the conficker virus itself is real. But what I say is just keep cautious regardless of the date (Yes, even on today, April Fools.)
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
I've been repeating scans on my computer ever since last night using several different Antivirus programs, and the worst I've found yet was a remnant of Grokster, which is weird, because I've never used it before. Regardless, I've deleted it, and issued more scans. I'll be on my computer all day anyways, so better be safe than royally fucked.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA