Join our server on Discord

ALERT! - Conficker Virus
Yesterday my PC reseted on its own all of a sudden and then it went on fine- Think it's infected? Also, think the most recent AVG version is enough for a thorough scan?
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
(04-01-2009 08:58 PM)Asesino Wrote: And Magus, come on. There's being blunt, and then there's being aggressive in a situation that doesn't call for it.
Are you stupid? Just let that sink in before reading on....

I am a blunt person, I am an aggressive person, and above all else, I am a troll! Or so I'm told. Anyways, Yes you could be infected, in fact DMX I would probably shut your computer down until you can grab yourself a really good antivirus, or an OS reinstallation. Then, back stuff up on an external hard drive or something, and reinstall.
If you don't believe the virus is a threat that's fine, but if you outright snap at someone for trying to help that's going too far. Calling me stupid isn't helping either.

(04-02-2009 05:49 AM)DragonMasterX Wrote: Yesterday my PC reseted on its own all of a sudden and then it went on fine- Think it's infected? Also, think the most recent AVG version is enough for a thorough scan?

You'll probably be fine. If anyone actually looked it up (I did), the virus disables a bunch of components on your computer like the firewall. So if that isn't happening, your computer might have just froze or something.
In soviet goggles, Russia does nothing.
Snapping? No, you don't want to see me angry.
(04-02-2009 07:33 AM)MagusKnight Wrote: Snapping? No, you don't want to see me angry.

Nor will I unless you decide to start stalking me.
Exactly, I wasn't snapping, just being me.
http://snopes.com/computer/virus/conficker.asp

Snopes to the rescue!
No one click on that link >.> 10$ says it has the virus.
(04-02-2009 07:45 AM)MagusKnight Wrote: No one click on that link >.> 10$ says it has the virus.

Think of the Mythbusters. Snopes is like that. It's not a virus, it's a site full of urban legends and stuff.
You just lost 10 bucks Magus. Thanks Asesino, that actually settles me a bit, my firewall's okay, and everything's working smoothly, 'cept the damned original windows thing is bugging me.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad