Join our server on Discord

Earth Hour March 28
(03-18-2009 07:02 AM)BigD Wrote: I turn my lights off and unplug my appliances when they aren't in use, but I do it for my own benefit, not the earth's (just goes to show you that rational selfishness does benefit others). And I'll continue to do it so long as it benefits me.

^^
Proof that selfishness kicks ass.
In soviet goggles, Russia does nothing.
I keep only the things I need on, on, and when I'm using them. Any other time and it's off for me. Hell at night the only thing on in my room is the computer, and even then that goes off when I'm asleep. No lights.

But I find it really stupid this Earth Hour. I remember what someone here once said and I'll reiterate it again;

"Everyone turns stuff off for one hour. And when they all turn it back on at the same time, there'll be a huge spike."

And thus, is why I ignore this 'Earth Hour'. Yet I'm still concious of what I have on/off without the need for a special time.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Pretty sure that there have been at least two other Earth Hour's, Kyo. There weren't any spikes :P
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
(03-18-2009 07:02 AM)BigD Wrote: I turn my lights off and unplug my appliances when they aren't in use, but I do it for my own benefit, not the earth's (just goes to show you that rational selfishness does benefit others). And I'll continue to do it so long as it benefits me.

No one wants to pay for energy any more than they already have to.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
Or you'll end up like me. XP

Seriously, being in the dark sucks balls after a while. I can handle going out to the van to charge my phone, but no tv and no fridge make Cowboy something something.
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Quote:Proof that selfishness kicks ass.

Word. Guy knows his Marxism!

Now to follow up, I made a habit of switching off anything I don't use, so I'm used to being in the dark for long periods of time, my cell phone's screen being the only thing that shines at night, or maybe my DS' (at present time), but I don't unplug anything. It's a hassle to have to re-plug and unplug things all the time.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Quote:Pretty sure that there have been at least two other Earth Hour's, Kyo.

Last year our neighbourhood decided to do it. We soon found ourselves all without power for a day. Now everyone here's convinced not to do it like that again lol. That's what I meant ;P
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds