Join our server on Discord

just a little bench racing...
That first car made me yip, I may want that.
Well, you need to look for a car more suited for how you plan on using it. Those Evos really don't have much in the way of acceleration or top speed, but they handle beautifully. More suited for rally and street racing. The cars I like have breakneck acceleration and Handle at speed, and in a straight line. Drag racing, mostly. Which is why a nose-heavy, rear-wheel drive sedan is perfect for me.
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
(03-10-2009 06:09 AM)DragonMasterX Wrote: Sweet, I'd love to commit homicide with that car's roof.
Not the intended use for them, but hey it's happy hour somewhere!

and Magus, if you mean the first in my post then i can see what you mean, like i said it's very stylish but i prefer the Evo Viii, so much more. It looks like it was meant to be like that, unlike the 99 model (first pic) that looked like the parts were just bolted on afterward, which is fine but not always the best look.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
(03-09-2009 01:28 PM)Cowboy From Hell Wrote: Hey, Wisemon, I don't rag on your hobbies, don't rag on mine.
I thought fixing up cars was your job (or would be)? That's different from a hobby.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Yes, but car obsession is their hobby
Can't it be both? I mean, not everyone is able to intertwine their hobby into their jobs.
The last mutt standing.

Bury me with my guns on,

Bury me with my guns on,
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
I don't really support cars for personal use, if people would organize more carpools and use public transitions, there would be far less pollution and we may actually live to see our 50th birthday. But no, people are too lazy to do that because it'd take effort and our generation wants everything done just now and not minute later. I had a car but found myself bicycling and walking the distances most of the time anyway so I sold the thing that I only used twice per year.

For all you care, it was a purple Mazda 92 model.

I always laugh and point at when I see an expensive pimped up car. Way to go, you wasted your life savings to a car that you can only use 10% of the horse power off. No matter what sort of a muscle car you'd have, you still have speed limits albeit some people who have played a bit too much Need for Speed seem to forget this time to time.

(03-08-2009 11:48 AM)MagusKnight Wrote: What a boy thing to start...Rolleyes

I hate cars and know absolutely nothing about them other than how much it costs to have one. (Read; lots)

I suppose that's why I'm not a boy but rather a man though?
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
Hey, Cowboy!

My current car that I drive, is also my project car. It's a 1977 Mercury Cougar XR7. (I'll post a pic later, when I can find it at home.) It's black with a white vinyl roof and maroon interior. It's not in too bad of shape for being 32 years old.

After I purchased this car and provided some routine maintenance, I did have some major work and upgrades done.

- had the 302 cu. in. V8, bored out .06" with new interior and exterior parts

- new transmission installed

- new stereo, CD palyer w/changer installed; with remote for alarm/door locks & trunk release

- new wheels and tires

- new windshield installed

- new tailpipe and mufflers; changed from one to two

- re-undercoated and reproofed the car (it was Ziebarted years ago and has the old, original window sticker to prove it!)

But, with all the bills and responsibilities I have, the my ongoing maintenance, upon this vehicle, has lapsed quite a bit. (And the crappy econony here, doesn't help, neither.)

But, with my meager tax return coming, I hope to alleviate some of these newer and continued problems...

- faulty rear end (want to replace)

- a problem with the proper mating of the engine to the transmission (may be a flywheel/fricton plate problem, supposedly common for these models)

- leaky oil pan gasket (dripping a quart of oil every few weeks)

- blown gasket from the exhaust manifold (making the car sound like its missing it's tailpipe)

- faulty or broken gauges (only one that works is the fuel gauge)

- faulty dashboard wiring (used to work, now most all gauges are dark at night, including speedo & tach)

- new rear tire or tires (my left rear has been riding on the spare for almost half a year now; the newer tire was slashed beyond repair (damn road debris!) )

- eventually a new paint job, but it doesn't look too bad now with the original paint and a few touch-ups.

There are other things as well, but either I've forgotten them or they are too minor to mention.

I don't plan on getting rid of the vehicle in the foreseeable future, so I'm going to do my best to preserve this beautiful piece of old-school automotive engineering,. Even though, this car may be an old, loud, gas-guzzler and my attempt to renovate and refurbish this "junker", futile; they just don't build these awesome steel-bodied, chrome-bumpered, sturdy American automobiles any longer...and it's too bad.
[Image: b79315c4acff7ff9f843516.jpg]

I'm preparing my craft for take-off...
Ya wanna ride? *wink*

Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Gabumon Loverz
*raises a fist* Word. FIGHT THE POWAH!!!

You're basically driving the little brother to my other car, the 1968 Ford Galaxie 500 I affectionately refer to as Big Blue. Right now Big Blue is down because I'm in need of a PCV-Valve Grommet, and Water Pump Bolts.

She also needs, but is not that important:

- new gas tank. Anything over half a tank of fuel gets dumped out. Either a new tank, or I gotta find and patch the hole.

- rebuild the rear axle. The Ford "9-Inch" rear axle is one of the strongest, most sought after rear axles in the hot-rodding world. Why replace it when you can rebuild it?

- Stereo and A/C. It had both, but they don't work anymore. I'd love to cruise down the street with the radio blasting and the windows up.

- tires. For some reason, I have a Firestone Bias-Ply tire on my driver's side rear. I'm frankly suprised it has lasted this long.

And Big T, how are my cars "expensive" or "pimped up"? My Monte Carlo cost me $800, and got painted, by myself, for $50. That $50 includes the price of a sander that I bought to sand through the old paint.

And as for the only being able to use 10% of my horsepower, that's what Saturday Night Race What You Bring at the Dragstrip is for. For $10 bucks, you can race as much as you want, make a few side bets, and such.

If you don't support cars, or even like them, that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But this thread is about talking about cars, not debating about them.
The last mutt standing.

Bury me with my guns on,

Bury me with my guns on,
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
(03-10-2009 10:08 PM)MISTER BIG T Wrote:
(03-08-2009 11:48 AM)MagusKnight Wrote: What a boy thing to start...Rolleyes

I hate cars and know absolutely nothing about them other than how much it costs to have one. (Read; lots)

I suppose that's why I'm not a boy but rather a man though?

No, that means your a girly boy, furthermore that also means you're quite the green person. When it comes down to it, you're not a mainstream boy, you're a unique boy.