Join our server on Discord

Digimon: 3/6/1999-3/6/2009
Rainbow 
Im kind of ashamed of this a little Blush but I started watching pokemon before Digimon aired in our country - kind of got into it and so when they announced Digimon - something in the back of my head screamed ripoff and i stubbornly refused to even try and watch Digimon. Luckuly a friend of mine was so passionate about it so I decided to give it a go - I cought it on the episode 6 or 7 and fall in love with it from just like the first 5 minutes and after that -watching pokemon became boring as this show cought my full attention. I came here by accident after I started searching for fanfiction and fanart of the show when it ended and one thing im not ashamed of is when I Crybaby2 at the ending.

This site was the firs - community - that I have ever joined on the net...
[Image: Taichi_crying_by_HikaruJen.jpg]
(03-19-2009 09:30 AM)BlackPhoenix Wrote: watching pokemon became boring

Yeah, after the first set of episodes Pokemon has simply switched out the monster and the characters, but told the same story dozens and dozens of times. It really went to shit.

I was the same way, but I found Digimon to have good story telling, it certainly made Pokemon painful to watch. I mean really, go back and watch the first episode of Pokemon, Ash actually comes off as a complete dumbshit. He's supposedly so passionate about Pokemon and knows nothing about them, certainly kills a lot of my nostalgia for the series. Digimon episode one, still cool.

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade
(03-19-2009 03:25 PM)The Reclaimer Wrote: [quote='BlackPhoenix' pid='317666' dateline='1237419012']
Digimon episode one, still cool.

Yeah it is :D *digital high-five* Pokemon is too sketchy I mean I could tell when something was going to happen a mile away. And why did they make ash seem so dumb in the beginning? I mean I can understand being late for you're first pokemon(well not really because when something important is going to happen in my life I usually sleep very little or don't sleep at all - my first interview at my first job - lay in bed for two hours turning from one side to the other each 2 minutes when decided to get up and spend the night at the computer drinking coffee) but that depends on a person but after that he seemed to be total noob +) I mean he was totally crazy trying to catch a pokemon with his bear hands lol... and don't even get me started on team R... Digimon on the other hand - had an EPIC story to tell and made some interesting points on the way - Tais leadership was most inspiring to me and the way Myotismon was coming back BIGGER stronger and meaner... that was just scary as s**t!
[Image: Taichi_crying_by_HikaruJen.jpg]
Some say Ash is a retard. But some say that Ash is actually in a coma and this whole this is a dream. That idea is kind of creepy though. At least to me.
Ash must be the biggest failure of a trainer ever. How many times can a subpar trainer save the world but not be able to beat 90% of gym leaders without a lucky break.

Anyhow, I'm just happy to see a season of digimon finally hit DVD. I'll be picking up Data Squad for sure. Maybe we'll get some other seasons...or at least some movies.

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade
I remember the first time I came across digimon, it was while reading some Toys R' Us offers booklet, at first I didn't knew it was an anime since at the time my budget for Internet wasn't in top shape plus internet here at that time was expensive, not to mention that FoxKids still didn't aired here in Mexico, we barely got FoxKids moved from the cable box pack to the non cable box one.

At that time the only mon show here was Pokemon, but then FoxKids started to air Digimon, I saw the first episode, I couldn't help but laugh at how they met their partners, I kept watching that episode and when they defeated Kuwagamon but then he returned and made them fall off that cliff and the episode ended there I got too hooked and wanted to see what will happen, from there I continued watching Digimon, then it happened.... the episode Angemon vs Devimon, seeing the little Patamon digivolving to Angemon was pretty amazing, some say it was way too incredible seeing a little winged mammal digimon turning into a big powerful angel but hey, you know the saying, good things come in smaller packs XD

I continued watching and then Gatomon came into the picture, when I saw she was Kari's partner I really was wondering what could be her next digivolution and when I saw her digivolving to Angewomon I was like whoa, Angemon you lucky dog, you got a female counterpart in your team XD

Anyhow, by then I was too hooked on Digimon I saw it everyday, I had the luck that Foxkids then aired it in several time slots, so since I was working I still could watch it at night around 9:30 PM my time so I had no problems about missing an episode.

When I saw the scene of Angemon with his arm around Angewomon and his hand on her shoulder, I was like, isn't he going too fast? I mean Angewomon and Kari didn't had much they joined the team and he already was with her like that, from there when I got internet at home I started to search anything about Patamon and Gatomon or their angel forms loving each other, I was hooked to them as pairing, it was thanks to those searches I came across Fanfiction.net, but there wasn't much fics with them yet, after all it was around year 2000-2001 and Digimon was still very new so on that area was still in slow growing.

Time passed and I kept searching and came across other digimon sites, but then one day I came across the chapter 4 of Lord Archive's Red Digivice Diaries series, it was a Gatomon/Patamon one and my first look at a lemon too, that got me into the Digimon pron, I wanted more with those two digimon but sadly there wasn't much, I did later came across with this site, it was when it had that system for the Gallery section, I did saw there was one Patamon/Gatomon image but the image was missing so I couldn't see it, don't remember well the artist who drew it but well is not on the gallery anymore anyways.

I also searched in the lemons and found another two Pata/Gato lemons one by an author named Pagalover and the other lemon by an author named Cal, both lemons are still on the lemons section by the way, I left this site for a while to keep searching, but then in 2003 I registered here on the forum, by then I also was member in the old forum on Hybrid Halogen's website, on both here and that forum saw those polls of PataGato vs VeeGato, plus I saw some lemons where Patamon wasn't treated what we can say fairly, I also saw and met Chibi Biyomon, I did saw how things went sometimes out of hand on the shippings issue too XD

But it was all that what got me on the fics and lemons writing too, and meanwhile I was doing that I also started my own site too, the rest is history XD

I can say Digimon in one way or another had certain impact on us, in different ways on each one of us but the thing is that it is an anime that sure gave us lots of fun and still does ^^
[Image: patagatokiss2.jpg]
PataGato All The Way!!!

Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
yea i remember i saw season one when it first came out and i got hooked. then i saw the DHZ like once and i fell in love with it too, but i found it right before it closed. then about a year ago i found this site and became a furry all over again
ROLL TIDE BAYBAY  Rena
Renamon's Army
(03-13-2009 08:52 AM)Lilamon Wrote: You saw the Dub, right?
No ma'am, i as a 8-9 year old boy flew in an F16 to japan, across strange and magical lands, where i watched it whilst eating sushi and playing with the strange items i got from vending machines on the streets :D
Just kidding, yeah i did...but for dubs, Digimon season 3 was the highlight in my eyes.

(03-13-2009 01:33 PM)UnknownH Wrote: Well he is a fan of Guilmon and Renamon so that may have something to do with it.
Indeed sir, you outsmart Sherlock Holmes himself :)
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
No. I'm not Batman, I just had a guess.
Hmm.. digimon eh, thinking back i dont remember much, a few episodes here and there but what i do remeber was Rika and Renamon DNA digivolving(JIZZED IN MY PANTS), when i think back that explains SOO much, that and Robin Hood i didnt even know why i liked that movie so much, i'll have to rewatch it sometime.