Join our server on Discord

Sold My Wii
(02-27-2009 01:52 PM)Chaosmetroid Wrote: I also would like to point out that you are honestly becomeing sort of the "King of Nintendo Advertiseing department". (In quotations because I am quoteing what I said when I read all your posts in this thread.)

What's so bad about that anyway? Seriousness aside, I always get like this when it's about something I like.

Speaking of great titles did you forget Trauma Center and Trauma Center 2? Those games are awesome. I could write a list of almost 50 titles long list of great games for Wii.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
(02-26-2009 11:50 PM)MISTER BIG T Wrote: In most cases, it isn't.

Like when? I already explained how I can get a high end four person 360 setup, a year of online service, and games and accesories for the cost or cheaper of what it costs you just to get your PC. If it just gets cheaper from there when is it ever more expensive? But the time you add your upgrades you've paid for a new system, so it's not like you're making money up there.

ADD ON: I just looked through that alienware value bundle, leaving all defaults was $1000...without a monitor. So it would cost another $219 to get their cheapest suggested monitor. I could get a decent HD tv with my 360 for the cost your up to with the PC.

Quote:Which is helpt with having friends or internet connection, then you don't have to play alone.

The point was that unless you buy the extra stuff (which you say are expensive accessories for the consoles) you are paying $1000 to play one person to a station. I wasn't including playing online. I'm talking about my friends come over, they can grab a controller and jump in. Yes, you can do that on a PC but it will cost more money, controllers/gamepads.

Quote:Computer doesn't go online then?

Where did I say the computer doesn't go online?

Quote:For 10$ a month, I can play with billions of people on World of Warcraft. :D

Yeah, for $120 a year you can play one game with billions of people, for $50 a year I can play many games, with more than enough people.

Quote:Unless you have friends. Because you know, ever heard of 2 player games? There's quite many of them.

Once again I was talking at one station, and if you want two people to play, you'll need a second input device, which costs $$$, which once again dosen't make a PC any cheaper than a console.

Quote:And no games? PC has BILLIONS FREE GAMES. No console has even half the ammount of free stuff PC gives you, from Flash games, to stylish shareware and Freeware games and old games released to open medium on ScummV or some other means by the makers.

I'm talking about the games you need a highend PC for, if you're buying a highend PC its not for Flash games and shareware.

Quote:Computers have usb spots. You can hook game pad/joystick to an usb port.

Yes, and it costs money. You say its so expensive to buy accessories for a console. If you're buying gamepads and joysticks for your PC, that's an accessory cost too. I hope that point has finally made it across.

Quote:Okay, let's see you prove me wrong.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/3d...at-ubisoft

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/ste...360-490089

http://www.bloodygoodhorror.com/bgh/blog...ill-follow

That was only the first few links google had to offer.

Quote:But not to PS 3 or 360 because of the whole fact of you know, them not supporting it. It'll come to next gen consoles though but not to these.

See links above. Is it built into the systems now? No. but they'll implement it, just like you'll need to for your PC.

Quote:Most modern games though, do have automatic optimization based on computer performance and even my mother knows how to download an update driver to graphics card. If you don't know that, you can get a software that does it for you, same with almost every aspect in your computer updating..

Yeah, I agree with you. My point was the potential for an incompatiblity exists. You cannot deny that, it's a simple fact.

Quote:If you buy a modern pc as I've mentioned, it'll stay in tune for at least 4 or so years, where areas 360 and PS 3 are going to be oudated in a year..

Well apparently Sony has a 10 year plan for the PS3 though I don't think it'll last that long. The 360 has been out since November 22, 2005. Not too far away from 4 years I'd say...and a new console hasn't even been announced. Seeing as how the hardware is still turning out awesome looking games, and getting better all the time, I'd consider it in tune.

Quote:
Of course it won't run on BEST quality but if you want, by then you can buy that new graphics card that's still going to be cheaper than buying the next entire console that comes.

Yes, about half the cost for the entire console if its a significant enough upgrade. And the upgrade after that might cost you to the next console, and so on and so forth. Unless you game significantly the upgrades can become too costly to be rational. I admit that if you buy a lot of new games, the upgrade route is probably cheaper. But I buy maybe ten games a year, all of them usually the games that push graphics and sound. I know I don't need upgrades for them on my console.

Quote:Not nearly as much as Play Station 4 I can tell you that.

While I doubt there will be a PS4, I disagree. Because you pay the $200 for that one upgrade. How much will the other upgrades down the line cost? Consoles pushed their release limit at $600, the PS3 sold poorly. And Blu-Ray tech will be even cheaper in the future so I'd expect $400-$500 to be the newest console drop point, unless a new expensive tech is implemented. So you pay that $200 for the one upgrade, and if you need more that can run $200+, or cheaper of course, but when I buy a console I know I'm getting the most up to date console that will play the next gen's worth of games, now or five years from now, without any upgrades.

Quote:Unless you buy a shitty card, of course it will power up. My old customized computer ran most of the (Then) modern games even though it was over 5 years old.

But maybe someone doesn't have the money to buy a PC, and all the top end things for it. Maybe the different between a $1000 PC (before you buy the quality games and accessories) and the $600 for a console (with quality games and accessories) makes a big difference to the people who don't have the income.

Quote:Entirely wrong mindset. You get a game based on your PC, not PC based on a game..

Yes, and if your PC can't play the game you want?

Quote:What OS do you use, 98??! Besides, blue screen wasn't the death, it was the red screen of death. .

Yeah, because we know 98 was the most flawed windows OS, and every one since has been without flaw. I've seen, along with countless others, blue screen (and complete stop of functions) from PCs...which are usually a bit more pricey to repair or out right replace.

Quote:Name me something 360 does that my PC can't.

I can name over twenty things my PC can do that 360 can't.

This right here is the reason this will be my last post on this topic. You are not even willing to entertain the fact that consoles have their own benefits for certain people. You are so absorbed in the fact that consoles have implemented a lot of PC features but are not full function PCs. I don't care what your PC can do and my 360 can't. I have my 360 for games. I enjoy that it can play movies, music, photos, etc. But I purchased it for games. And one thing I enjoy about my 360 is that I never have to look at game specs to see if they'll work for me. Ever.

And you call the 360 and PS3 "PC wanna-be's" and yet the Nintendo has built in Wi-Fi, memory, an internet browser, photo editor, most of the things the 360 and PS3 have. But because it uses a different input, a motion controller, that somehow makes Wii, un-pc like. And most of all it's clear that Nintendo can do no wrong because of your opinion of them. Nintendo Wii is fun, but there has been no game I've played on it that I've found to be revolutionary. You've talked up Wii Fit so much, and it's fun, it's got some cool mini games and interesting techniques, but outside of the mini-games you can do all those things without paying the $90 for the game and pad.

I like Xbox, I admit it's not perfect, and that other systems work better for other people. I'm not going to push my system on them. I've acknowledged that the PC has it's benefits, but I still don't believe it's the end all be all game device. Just because your PC can do 20 things my Xbox can't, dosen't make it a better game device, it just makes it useful for other things.

The topic came to what game system should he get? When it comes to gaming, for the money, I still say 360 is the way to go if Wii is out of the picture. If you want to buy a top of the line PC to play the latest and greatest games, go for it. But if your current PC is working for you, and you want a console, it's a good direction to go.

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Man I'm getting tired of spoon feeding this topic.

(02-27-2009 04:31 PM)The Reclaimer Wrote: I'm talking about the games you need a highend PC for, if you're buying a highend PC its not for Flash games and shareware.

So, you don't count any of the independent games and the people who pour their heart and soul into these games as games still though?

Quote:Yes, and it costs money. You say its so expensive to buy accessories for a console. If you're buying gamepads and joysticks for your PC, that's an accessory cost too. I hope that point has finally made it across.

Well of course it costs money but you only need like two gamepads and they're much cheaper than 360 controllers. And you can play games using keyboard or mouse. Some games that are played in turn, such as risk and such kind many player games need only mouse.

Quote:That was only the first few links google had to offer.

Well darn.

Also, wow Microsoft bought Johnny Chung Lee. Not hard to see why but I always thought he was more of a nintendo guy?

Quote:See links above. Is it built into the systems now? No. but they'll implement it, just like you'll need to for your PC.

Actually, you don't really need to implement anything as long as you have a monitor and graphics card good enough to support it, you then just need the glasses and the software. I really wonder how this works with 360 and PS 3 though, are they going to sell upgraded models or downloadable firmware updates?

Quote:Yeah, I agree with you. My point was the potential for an incompatiblity exists. You cannot deny that, it's a simple fact.

There's always chance of that. Just as there's chance that your costy 360 was broken to begin with and starts with red ring of death from day 1, as long as we're shooting fishes in barrel.

Quote:Well apparently Sony has a 10 year plan for the PS3 though I don't think it'll last that long. The 360 has been out since November 22, 2005. Not too far away from 4 years I'd say...and a new console hasn't even been announced. Seeing as how the hardware is still turning out awesome looking games, and getting better all the time, I'd consider it in tune.

This version of generation won't last longer than one year or two year max and that's a fact. Not because there'd be any problem with the said consoles per say but because there's always "new model" that has slight improvments and then people buy it instead.

Quote:
Yes, about half the cost for the entire console if its a significant enough upgrade. And the upgrade after that might cost you to the next console, and so on and so forth. Unless you game significantly the upgrades can become too costly to be rational. I admit that if you buy a lot of new games, the upgrade route is probably cheaper. But I buy maybe ten games a year, all of them usually the games that push graphics and sound. I know I don't need upgrades for them on my console.

I buy like few games a year. Fallout 3 was so big that I had to go and get updated graphics card and I'm loving my high quality that's better than on either PS 3 or 360. :D

Quote:While I doubt there will be a PS4, I disagree.

Oh yes there will be. I can almost bet on you with that.

Quote:Because you pay the $200 for that one upgrade. How much will the other upgrades down the line cost? Consoles pushed their release limit at $600, the PS3 sold poorly. And Blu-Ray tech will be even cheaper in the future so I'd expect $400-$500 to be the newest console drop point, unless a new expensive tech is implemented. So you pay that $200 for the one upgrade, and if you need more that can run $200+, or cheaper of course, but when I buy a console I know I'm getting the most up to date console that will play the next gen's worth of games, now or five years from now, without any upgrades.

You don't need to upgrade all your components every other year. Again, you may not be able to run on max settings but at least the games will run for about as long.

Quote:But maybe someone doesn't have the money to buy a PC, and all the top end things for it. Maybe the different between a $1000 PC (before you buy the quality games and accessories) and the $600 for a console (with quality games and accessories) makes a big difference to the people who don't have the income.

As my mom always said "Poor people can't afford to buy cheap things"

The cheaper tag comes in form of loss of quality. Both consoles break down way more than a PC (again I'm not talking about stone age) while of course a pc can crash too, you can always become UBER and turn to linux software instead, I heard that fixes a lot of crashes.

A PC error usually is easy to fix by even a guy who can't tell their ass apart from keyboard. Console errors usually crash the entire thing so bad not even the professionals can fix it.

And you can always go pro and build your computer from scratch using custom parts and in that way, sparing 200$ or so by getting the parts picked to you invidually and done that way. In that case, your high end computer costs abouts 800$ dollars and runs like a dream for years to come.

If you have 600$ that's over 60% of the money needed for PC. Just wait few months and you can buy a new computer then. You'll be glad you did.

Quote:Yes, and if your PC can't play the game you want?

That's then tough shit. Consoles don't play all games either. You won't be playing Zelda on 360 for instance. boohoo

Quote:
Yeah, because we know 98 was the most flawed windows OS, and every one since has been without flaw.

My god, are you seriously so stupid??

98 WAS most unstable OS ever and that IS a fact. Even the old windows 32 or whatever the hell didn't crash as often. 2000 helpt bring stability and XP fixed most of the crashes even more.

I *never* claimed they never crash I just said they don't from normal use of opening calculator or starting computer up or something like 95/98 did.

Quote: I've seen, along with countless others, blue screen (and complete stop of functions) from PCs...which are usually a bit more pricey to repair or out right replace.

Again, where do you keep seeing blue screens? Seriously?

Quote:This right here is the reason this will be my last post on this topic.

"Because this person continues to disagree, I am going to be grumpy camper and leave the debate."

Quote:You are not even willing to entertain the fact that consoles have their own benefits for certain people

'Okay I'm going to entertain the fact then.

Hey fact, how do you catch a bunny?

Fact: ?

Go behind a bush and imitate a carrot.

Fact: :D

Quote: You are so absorbed in the fact that consoles have implemented a lot of PC features but are not full function PCs.

And it's true! You don't even have a CALCULATOR on 360! What's your next gen console now huh? :D

Quote:I don't care what your PC can do and my 360 can't.

I can do many things. And from what I heard, you fix 360 using computer too but not vice versa.

Quote: I have my 360 for games.

Good for you, aren't most of those for PC too though?

Quote:I enjoy that it can play movies, music, photos, etc.

Movies it can't export, music that it can't burn, photos it can't print, etc.

Quote:But I purchased it for games.

And not the music? lol

Quote:And one thing I enjoy about my 360 is that I never have to look at game specs to see if they'll work for me. Ever.

Oh really? When I buy a Wii, I always look at back looking if it has HDTV compability, how many players it has, if it has online features, along much other info. 360 covers don't have any of this? (Aside HD, everyone knows all the games are to begin with)

Quote:And you call the 360 and PS3 "PC wanna-be's" and yet the Nintendo has built in Wi-Fi, memory, an internet browser, photo editor, most of the things the 360 and PS3 have.

It also has friend codes! Man, I hate that shit.

Quote:But because it uses a different input, a motion controller, that somehow makes Wii, un-pc like.

Fun fact; it does!!

Quote:And most of all it's clear that Nintendo can do no wrong because of your opinion of them.

Yeah they can.

Virtual Boy.

Quote:Nintendo Wii is fun, but there has been no game I've played on it that I've found to be revolutionary.

Wii Fit, Zack&Wiki, Super Mario Galaxy, etc, etc. Well, any game that uses the Wii mote could be called revolutionary, seeing as 360 and PS 3 still use game pads and PS 3 made motion controller blow ass and based on Blue Tooth. (Which causes many blue tooth problems)

Quote:You've talked up Wii Fit so much, and it's fun, it's got some cool mini games and interesting techniques, but outside of the mini-games you can do all those things without paying the $90 for the game and pad.

Of course you can. But most people don't. Or do you go and do warrior stances 3 minute row in daily? Or any of the other exercise?

Also it doesn't just come with the mini games. It actually teaches you the moves. Doing them solo, you may fuck up the moves and that destroys the entire benefit of the said moves. With Wii fit, it tells you if you have incorrect footing and what areas you should focus on improving and gives a much, better understanding about your body as a whole.

Quote:I like Xbox, I admit it's not perfect, and that other systems work better for other people. I'm not going to push my system on them.

I am not either. Chaos asked which is best and I gave a straight answer, you're so mixed up for the fact you wasted 600$+ that you just can't admit 360 just isn't that good and come to debate.

Quote:I've acknowledged that the PC has it's benefits, but I still don't believe it's the end all be all game device.

True, it ain't but did you ever see me claim it as such? I said it's better than 360 and PS 3 and it is.

Quote:Just because your PC can do 20 things my Xbox can't, dosen't make it a better game device, it just makes it useful for other things.

Game related things too. FPS are best to be played with keyboard mouse configuration. Games run smoother, with less lag or loading times. Most PC games also have other nifty features and better graphics too, if your PC can handle it.

Quote:The topic came to what game system should he get?

And I answered. You didn't like it and began to post a huge rant of why 360 is somehow better than PC.

Quote:When it comes to gaming, for the money, I still say 360 is the way to go if Wii is out of the picture.

And it shouldn't be, if it comes to gaming.

Quote:If you want to buy a top of the line PC to play the latest and greatest games, go for it. But if your current PC is working for you, and you want a console, it's a good direction to go.

If you already own a PC, with few upgardes your PC can run many of the modern games as long as it's not too old to begin with.

How could I pass responding to this?

(02-27-2009 05:22 PM)MISTER BIG T Wrote: So, you don't count any of the independent games and the people who pour their heart and soul into these games as games still though?
Those games do not require the highend PC we're talking about. I get to play plenty of independant games on my very basic 5 year old computer all the time.

Quote:Well of course it costs money but you only need like two gamepads and they're much cheaper than 360 controllers. And you can play games using keyboard or mouse. Some games that are played in turn, such as risk and such kind many player games need only mouse.

My point was that you can't knock consoles for accesory costs when PC has them too. I can see that you agree it can cost more.

Quote:Actually, you don't really need to implement anything as long as you have a monitor and graphics card good enough to support it, you then just need the glasses and the software. I really wonder how this works with 360 and PS 3 though, are they going to sell upgraded models or downloadable firmware updates?

But if you don't have the things good enough, you will need to update. And you will need to do something to your computer to make it 3D compatible. It won't just happen. Your PC would require at least a download, probably like you said, some kind of update. I assume the consoles will get a firmware update, or something that would sell with the glasses.

Quote:There's always chance of that. Just as there's chance that your costy 360 was broken to begin with and starts with red ring of death from day 1, as long as we're shooting fishes in barrel.

I wasn't talking about the unit functioning. PCs can have out of box malfunctions too. Xbox 360 games will play in an Xbox 360 100% of the time. The chance of a PC game being incompatible with a PC exists. That was all I was saying. As you stated, if its a properly tuned gaming PC this problem will not be something to worry about. But if someone doesn't know how to configure it properly, it can cause issues.

Quote:This version of generation won't last longer than one year or two year max and that's a fact. Not because there'd be any problem with the said consoles per say but because there's always "new model" that has slight improvments and then people buy it instead.

Like the how many DS's that are out there? Everything comes out with slight tweaks. That's why you can upgrade components on your PC. The simple fact is that any Xbox 360, or and PS3, is current gen and will stand until a new console is released.

Quote:
I buy like few games a year. Fallout 3 was so big that I had to go and get updated graphics card and I'm loving my high quality that's better than on either PS 3 or 360. :D

Fair enough, but you had to upgrade your PC to play it. If I wanted to I could have just popped the 360 disc into my console, and I'm good to go. I haven't seen the game in action on each system so I can't comment on quality.

Quote:You don't need to upgrade all your components every other year. Again, you may not be able to run on max settings but at least the games will run for about as long.

And you don't need to upgrade consoles every other year. Again, the 360 is going on 3.5 years and a new system isn't even announced which means we will probably get 5 years out of it. You said your PC is in tune for 4, so even if a system drops in the next 6 months, the console has matched that.

Quote:As my mom always said "Poor people can't afford to buy cheap things"

The cheaper tag comes in form of loss of quality. Both consoles break down way more than a PC (again I'm not talking about stone age) while of course a pc can crash too, you can always become UBER and turn to linux software instead, I heard that fixes a lot of crashes.

A PC error usually is easy to fix by even a guy who can't tell their ass apart from keyboard. Console errors usually crash the entire thing so bad not even the professionals can fix it.

I've had my 360 break on me. I've had my PC break on me. I've had every PC I owned break down at least once, not always to the point of death, but to the point of considerable time and effort. I've had one console break on me ever. PC errors can be easy to fix, but so can consoles. And I don't know who you have fixing consoles but I've had them fixed by Microsoft, for free, and my buddy had his fixed by his friend, with not much hassle.

Quote:And you can always go pro and build your computer from scratch using custom parts and in that way, sparing 200$ or so by getting the parts picked to you invidually and done that way. In that case, your high end computer costs abouts 800$ dollars and runs like a dream for years to come.

After you invest the time and effort into learning how to, and then successfully assembling the computer. How to put a computer together is not something an average person knows, and it's a delicate procedure. If you can take that route, yes you will save money, but again, this is not something that is simple to do. You need a good understanding and knowhow about how to handle the boards, etc, and what goes into creating a PC.

Quote:That's then tough shit. Consoles don't play all games either. You won't be playing Zelda on 360 for instance. boohoo

No, but they play the games I expect them too. Like I said, a 360 game will always work for me, the same cannot be said for PC 100% of the time. Of course, like I said before, I understand there are PCs that this will not be an issue for.

Quote:"Because this person continues to disagree, I am going to be grumpy camper and leave the debate."

Not grumpy in the slightest. Just amused that you're so closed minded about consoles unless Nintendo is on the side.

Quote:'Okay I'm going to entertain the fact then.

Hey fact, how do you catch a bunny?

Fact: ?

Go behind a bush and imitate a carrot.

Fact: :D

Exactly.

Quote:And it's true! You don't even have a CALCULATOR on 360! What's your next gen console now huh? :D

Still a next gen console...you know that I can still play games on. I didn't buy my 360 to do math. I have a cell phone, or you know, actual calculator.

Quote:I can do many things. And from what I heard, you fix 360 using computer too but not vice versa.
I don't know what problem you fix with a computer for the 360, but I wouldn't doubt that one exists. PCs fix damn near everything.

Quote:Good for you, aren't most of those for PC too though?

Yeah, your point? I never argued they weren't.

Quote:Movies it can't export, music that it can't burn, photos it can't print, etc.
No, that's why I have a PC, so I can do all those things, while playing my 360, without any slowdown whatso ever.

Quote:Oh really? When I buy a Wii, I always look at back looking if it has HDTV compability, how many players it has, if it has online features, along much other info. 360 covers don't have any of this? (Aside HD, everyone knows all the games are to begin with)

Of course, I was referring to the processor, graphics card, etc. information. Not the gameplay basics. To go there with it seems like an avoid for the obvious point I was making.

Quote:Fun fact; it does!!
And yet, unless you're playing a game with that remote, it's just a pointing device...like a mouse.

Quote:Wii Fit, Zack&Wiki, Super Mario Galaxy, etc, etc. Well, any game that uses the Wii mote could be called revolutionary, seeing as 360 and PS 3 still use game pads and PS 3 made motion controller blow ass and based on Blue Tooth. (Which causes many blue tooth problems)

So a different input is the qualification for revolutionary? Wow, I'll be completely underwhelmed by every game you consider revolutionary. As for still using game pads...where is the big PC revolution? Where is the superior input control there? It's the same as it's ever been.

Quote:Of course you can. But most people don't. Or do you go and do warrior stances 3 minute row in daily? Or any of the other exercise?

Also it doesn't just come with the mini games. It actually teaches you the moves. Doing them solo, you may fuck up the moves and that destroys the entire benefit of the said moves. With Wii fit, it tells you if you have incorrect footing and what areas you should focus on improving and gives a much, better understanding about your body as a whole.

Or you can take that $90, and go do that at a gym somewhere...with other people.

Quote:I am not either. Chaos asked which is best and I gave a straight answer, you're so mixed up for the fact you wasted 600$+ that you just can't admit 360 just isn't that good and come to debate.

I couldn't have spent $600 better. I have nothing but good gaming with my 360, barely any headaches from it, and get to enjoy unlimited online play with any 360 game I want for only $50 a year. I get to enjoy all the goodness my 360 has to offer, and still have the extra money you spent on your new PC.

Quote:True, it ain't but did you ever see me claim it as such? I said it's better than 360 and PS 3 and it is.

All I've heard from you is that PCs are the end all be all, unless its a nintendo wii, and that 360 and PS3 have no good attributed.

Quote:Game related things too. FPS are best to be played with keyboard mouse configuration. Games run smoother, with less lag or loading times. Most PC games also have other nifty features and better graphics too, if your PC can handle it.

Yes, if you're PC can handle it. And it costs you to handle it. The FPS best played with keyboard and mouse is an opinion and preference. I prefer the gamepad. As for games running smoother and having less lag and load, well I can't argue much there, except that in many cases the differences are insignificant and/or ignorable all together.

Quote:And I answered. You didn't like it and began to post a huge rant of why 360 is somehow better than PC.

No. You jumped on PS3 and 360 right off the bat (with off base things like: cost, and 3D gaming) and I just wanted to clear a few things up. I certainly never said one was better than the other. In fact, several times I said I understand why you like PCs, I just stated I enjoy my 360 for gaming more.

Quote:And it shouldn't be, if it comes to gaming.

Because apparently, if its not Nintendo, it's not worth gaming.

Quote:If you already own a PC, with few upgardes your PC can run many of the modern games as long as it's not too old to begin with.

I'm not arguing that, but for the same cost, it could (not neccesarily will) be the same cost of a console.

I for one am glad you two are discussing this now. I don't like to argue on message boards. I'll just watch you two discuss.
(02-28-2009 03:56 AM)The Reclaimer Wrote: How could I pass responding to this?

Well you said you'd not post any more, make up your mind?

Quote:Those games do not require the highend PC we're talking about. I get to play plenty of independant games on my very basic 5 year old computer all the time.

So, uh this is best comeback you could come up with?

When I said the games are for free and for your computer, did I ever say most have high tech requirements? (And believe me, there ARE many high tech requirement free games and programs, you're probably thinking of some really old games)

Quote:My point was that you can't knock consoles for accesory costs when PC has them too. I can see that you agree it can cost more.

I meant that if you want to buy a PC you already get two controllers, mouse and keyboard. If you want to buy a new gamepad, then it still costs less than if you'd buy the gamepad to 360. (Last I checked, the difference was almost half less)

Quote:But if you don't have the things good enough, you will need to update. And you will need to do something to your computer to make it 3D compatible. It won't just happen. Your PC would require at least a download, probably like you said, some kind of update. I assume the consoles will get a firmware update, or something that would sell with the glasses.

I cannot comment for there's not enough information about this that I can find.

Quote:I wasn't talking about the unit functioning. PCs can have out of box malfunctions too. Xbox 360 games will play in an Xbox 360 100% of the time. The chance of a PC game being incompatible with a PC exists. That was all I was saying. As you stated, if its a properly tuned gaming PC this problem will not be something to worry about. But if someone doesn't know how to configure it properly, it can cause issues.

Durrrrr durrrr keyboard go to monitor slot!

Quote:Like the how many DS's that are out there? Everything comes out with slight tweaks. That's why you can upgrade components on your PC. The simple fact is that any Xbox 360, or and PS3, is current gen and will stand until a new console is released.

So, instead of the new grpahics card, you DO have to buy the new console, as I was saying. It just is called X box 360: Insert lame tag here

Quote:
Fair enough, but you had to upgrade your PC to play it. If I wanted to I could have just popped the 360 disc into my console, and I'm good to go. I haven't seen the game in action on each system so I can't comment on quality.

So... I should have bought X box 360 just to get Fallout 3?

Quote:And you don't need to upgrade consoles every other year. Again, the 360 is going on 3.5 years and a new system isn't even announced which means we will probably get 5 years out of it. You said your PC is in tune for 4, so even if a system drops in the next 6 months, the console has matched that.

Well if you want to use the new version of the same console with new benefits, then yes; you have to buy a new console.

Quote:I've had my 360 break on me. I've had my PC break on me. I've had every PC I owned break down at least once, not always to the point of death, but to the point of considerable time and effort. I've had one console break on me ever. PC errors can be easy to fix, but so can consoles. And I don't know who you have fixing consoles but I've had them fixed by Microsoft, for free, and my buddy had his fixed by his friend, with not much hassle.

I wouldn't know who fixes consoles. I own Wii, it has never broken or malfunctioned. :P

Quote:After you invest the time and effort into learning how to, and then successfully assembling the computer. How to put a computer together is not something an average person knows, and it's a delicate procedure. If you can take that route, yes you will save money, but again, this is not something that is simple to do. You need a good understanding and knowhow about how to handle the boards, etc, and what goes into creating a PC.

My father did it for me. Are you too prideful not to let someone with know hows to do it for you? I'm sure you can find people, from that repair place if nowhere else.

Quote:No, but they play the games I expect them too. Like I said, a 360 game will always work for me, the same cannot be said for PC 100% of the time. Of course, like I said before, I understand there are PCs that this will not be an issue for.

This is quite dumb statement. You can't SERIOUSLY expect a 5 year old computer to run Fall out 3 for PC. That's just....Sad.

Use your common sense. Look at the requirements. If you are unsure, stick to playing older games.

Quote:Not grumpy in the slightest. Just amused that you're so closed minded about consoles unless Nintendo is on the side.

I am not close minded at all, I like to experience new things and new ideas. I've enjoyed playing 360 with my friend over a pint of a beer and a Soul Calibur 5 but it can't compare to a PC game; Mugen, that's also got free tag to boot. You've got yourself billions of characters and thousands of stages. Dream matches can be made and all in beautiful HD. Cool

The rest of the consoles just aren't as good, so it's easy to be biased when you root fo only the best. :D

Quote:Exactly.

Agreed.

Quote:Still a next gen console...you know that I can still play games on. I didn't buy my 360 to do math. I have a cell phone, or you know, actual calculator.

If you have to have it spelled out for you, I was being sarcastic.

Quote:I don't know what problem you fix with a computer for the 360, but I wouldn't doubt that one exists. PCs fix damn near everything.

True dat.

Quote:Yeah, your point? I never argued they weren't.

I'm glad we're in agreement then.

Quote:No, that's why I have a PC, so I can do all those things, while playing my 360, without any slowdown whatso ever.

It amuses me that you have a PC, defend 360 so much, bring those shitty features up and then say you don't even use them because you already have a PC.

Quote:Of course, I was referring to the processor, graphics card, etc. information. Not the gameplay basics. To go there with it seems like an avoid for the obvious point I was making.

Everyone should always look at tech info. Use common sense again, if a game is really hi tech and you have 3 year old comp, it probably won't run on max settings. Rolleyes

Quote:And yet, unless you're playing a game with that remote, it's just a pointing device...like a mouse.

No it's not. Mouse uses wheel/lazer technology and it's stuck to a table. Wii remote is free dimension, held in your hand and you have to tilt, turn, and thrust it to do things.

Even in menus you can actually feel the feedback of the rumble when you select icons, unlike in mouse.

Weren't we talking about games anyway? Why are you pointing out what Wii does when it's not playing games?

Quote:So a different input is the qualification for revolutionary?

Yes. Yes, it is.

Quote:Wow, I'll be completely underwhelmed by every game you consider revolutionary.

I'd like to know your defination for revolutionary because seemingly you consider 360 games more revolutionary. Rolleyes

Quote:As for still using game pads...where is the big PC revolution? Where is the superior input control there? It's the same as it's ever been.

They actually tried to put different kind of joystics and gamepads that'd vibrate on sales but they never sold well because PC users like to play using keyboard+Mouse and maybe some times with regular gamepad.

Quote:Or you can take that $90, and go do that at a gym somewhere...with other people.

Good luck trying to find a gym that won't require to become a member for long periods of time.

You'll need it.

Quote:I couldn't have spent $600 better.

Aside buying 600$ pc.

Quote:All I've heard from you is that PCs are the end all be all, unless its a nintendo wii, and that 360 and PS3 have no good attributed.

Which is a fact. Some people just don't seem to realize it.

Quote:Yes, if you're PC can handle it. And it costs you to handle it.

Why do you keep repeating what I say, like Solid Snake?

Quote: The FPS best played with keyboard and mouse is an opinion and preference.

Preference and opinnion held by most.

Quote:I prefer the gamepad.

Well your loss, I suppose. :D

Quote:As for games running smoother and having less lag and load, well I can't argue much there, except that in many cases the differences are insignificant and/or ignorable all together.

Bullshit, in most cases the differences are INSANELY huge. Just run something that's released on both 360 and PC on a 360 and then on PC and compare the loading times and the frame rate. It is NOT ignorable when you can get almost immediattely into the game as opossed to watching a "Now loading" screen for few mins.

Quote:No. You jumped on PS3 and 360 right off the bat (with off base things like: cost, and 3D gaming) and I just wanted to clear a few things up. I certainly never said one was better than the other. In fact, several times I said I understand why you like PCs, I just stated I enjoy my 360 for gaming more.

Yeah, because you have a 5 year old comp and don't want to upgrade it. Lone Ranger

Quote:Because apparently, if its not Nintendo, it's not worth gaming.

Holy shit, someone call Nintendo, this should become their new slogan.

Quote:I'm not arguing that, but for the same cost, it could (not neccesarily will) be the same cost of a console.

But we already established you have somewhat modern comp so you most likely only need one upgrade like I did. It cost 50€ to upgrade my comp to run Fallout 3 and not the hundreds that would have been if I had bought 360.

Quote:When I said the games are for free and for your computer, did I ever say most have high tech requirements? (And believe me, there ARE many high tech requirement free games and programs, you're probably thinking of some really old games)

I suppose I was mainly talking Flash games rather than anything else, so I can admit to being off base.

Quote:I meant that if you want to buy a PC you already get two controllers, mouse and keyboard. If you want to buy a new gamepad, then it still costs less than if you'd buy the gamepad to 360. (Last I checked, the difference was almost half less)

Depends on the pad, and where you buy it. Also, the quality. The 360 pad is a nice quality pad.

Quote:Durrrrr durrrr keyboard go to monitor slot!

Plugging in the components to a computer is hardly the configuration I'm talking about.

Quote:So, instead of the new grpahics card, you DO have to buy the new console, as I was saying. It just is called X box 360: Insert lame tag here

But the console will play a whole gen worth of games without any hardware changes. Based on the base rate of a computer, then the cost of potential upgrades, you're not neccesarily saving money against a console purchase.

Quote:
So... I should have bought X box 360 just to get Fallout 3?

Not at all. But the point is you needed to pay to upgrade in order to play the game after already paying more for a PC.

Quote:Well if you want to use the new version of the same console with new benefits, then yes; you have to buy a new console.

And you're paying for computer upgrades as well by the end of that timeframe.

Quote:My father did it for me. Are you too prideful not to let someone with know hows to do it for you? I'm sure you can find people, from that repair place if nowhere else.

No, I'd have no problem asking for help, but then you need to either be fortunate enough to know someone who can build you one for free, or have the money to pay someone to build it for you.

Quote:This is quite dumb statement. You can't SERIOUSLY expect a 5 year old computer to run Fall out 3 for PC. That's just....Sad.

I think it's a fairly good thing to point out that even after 5 years a 360 will still play any 360 game. A PC can't do that, you just said that. So by 5 years you're paying to upgrade which is the equivlent to purchasing a console.

Quote:The rest of the consoles just aren't as good, so it's easy to be biased when you root fo only the best. :D

And yet you're best, didn't have a very long lasting hook on me. I had fun with Trauma Center (which is better on DS), and Wii Fit was alright, but I was so disappointed with Zelda, and Wii Play sucked. Smash Bros was a disappointment as well. I did enjoy Excite Truck though. However, I've played many 360 games that I've enjoyed. Nothing that was particularly mind blowing but I haven't gotten rid of the 360 yet.

Quote:If you have to have it spelled out for you, I was being sarcastic.

Yeah, I got it.

Quote:[
It amuses me that you have a PC, defend 360 so much, bring those shitty features up and then say you don't even use them because you already have a PC.

Yes, I have a PC that I bought forever ago. And I can use it to do lots of things, without ever upgrading it. And I like my 360 even more when I can play games on it, and then use my computer for whatever purpose I'd like without the slighest bit of slowdown, or need to clog the harddrive with my games.

Quote:Everyone should always look at tech info. Use common sense again, if a game is really hi tech and you have 3 year old comp, it probably won't run on max settings. Rolleyes

But the 360 games, in a 360, will run as well as possible.

Quote:No it's not. Mouse uses wheel/lazer technology and it's stuck to a table. Wii remote is free dimension, held in your hand and you have to tilt, turn, and thrust it to do things.

Yes, in games.

Quote:Weren't we talking about games anyway? Why are you pointing out what Wii does when it's not playing games?

Why were you pointing out what a PC does when it's not playing games?

Quote:I'd like to know your defination for revolutionary because seemingly you consider 360 games more revolutionary. Rolleyes

I consider a revolutionary game one that has more than a new input. Yes, creative and new input is a plus. But a really revolutionary game needs a good story to backup that gameplay. It needs to offer plenty of variety and still execute well on all accounts. I haven't played a truly revolutionary game on the 360, but I certainly didn't play one on the Wii either.

Quote:They actually tried to put different kind of joystics and gamepads that'd vibrate on sales but they never sold well because PC users like to play using keyboard+Mouse and maybe some times with regular gamepad.

So it's fine for PC to stay where it is because users prefer it, but because people who play consoles like to use gamepads, that's bad?

Quote:Aside buying 600$ pc
That won't play any of the games I want it too, and not in HD to boot.

Quote:Which is a fact. Some people just don't seem to realize it.

No, it's an opinion, and that's a fact.

Quote:Why do you keep repeating what I say, like Solid Snake?

Because it costs money to have a PC that will play these games.

Quote:Bullshit, in most cases the differences are INSANELY huge. Just run something that's released on both 360 and PC on a 360 and then on PC and compare the loading times and the frame rate. It is NOT ignorable when you can get almost immediattely into the game as opossed to watching a "Now loading" screen for few mins.

And what's the cost on a computer that runs a game so much better? You're not talking about running a game at average settings. And the only reason you don't have to look at a loading screen is because you have to install the game. I'd rather look at that loading screen than fill my computer up with installs for games I won't play a year from now.

Quote:Yeah, because you have a 5 year old comp and don't want to upgrade it. Lone Ranger

Or because my PC has been perfectly fine for everything and need it to be, and so while I haven't spent another $1000 upgrading it for gaming, I did only spend $600 on a console that plays games perfectly well.

Quote:I'm not arguing that, but for the same cost, it could (not neccesarily will) be the same cost of a console.

Quote:But we already established you have somewhat modern comp so you most likely only need one upgrade like I did. It cost 50€ to upgrade my comp to run Fallout 3 and not the hundreds that would have been if I had bought 360.

Well, my 360 hooks up to my HD tv, and I have the whole HDMI thing going, so I would say to get my computer, which is very basic, it would cost a bit. In fact, I'd say a quality monitor that puts out the quality picture my TV does would run $300+ on its own.

HOLY WALLS OF TEXT! but anway I have decided to go with a gameboy advanced SP. gonna go grab a somewhat controvertial game for someone my age. I will get a 360 later
That's something we can both agree on.
I just prefer the average console. The 360.

The Wii is more of a family and arcade like gaming, yes... but when it comes to getting games, I don't want to be buying little children games and learning.... Noo.. I want DESTRUCTION AND FIRE POWER!

Besides, when you have friends that ask you, "Why do I play my 360 anyway...I'm not really achieving anything." Just tell them about the achievements they have earned before from playing other recent games! HA!
[Image: 2hrn80k.jpg][Image: 25hpq38.gif]
The Mod Squad
The OCA