Join our server on Discord

Sold My Wii
Ya after only two years of haveing it I finaly realized that there is just not enough games for me on this system.

Sure there was Smash Bros Brawl, Zelda Twighlight Princess, and Metroid Prime 3, but after that whats left realy? Wii FIt? Not on your life!

Not because I hate being active, its just I play games to relax, not work harder. So I am debateing on getting a new system. Right now i play only World of Warcraft (awesome!)

But I want a new system. So anyone know which is a better idea? Xbox-360? PS3? give me a hand.
(02-20-2009 04:41 PM)Chaosmetroid Wrote: Ya after only two years of haveing it I finaly realized that there is just not enough games for me on this system.

Sure there was Smash Bros Brawl, Zelda Twighlight Princess, and Metroid Prime 3, but after that whats left realy? Wii FIt? Not on your life!

Not because I hate being active, its just I play games to relax, not work harder. So I am debateing on getting a new system. Right now i play only World of Warcraft (awesome!)

But I want a new system. So anyone know which is a better idea? Xbox-360? PS3? give me a hand.
Um it takes time for more games to appear, it's fun having friends come over, or with your sibling. Um I know there are games for relax, but have you tried Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles My life as a king? Good graphics abit addicting(I know it looks kidsy and more based kindna like sims/rpg) and less movement besides shaking the control sometimes.
I'm more active in FA and DA now. Click here to look at my gallery!
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Creative Minds
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Definitely not PS3. High price, games consisting of racing games and WWII sims? Bleh.

X360 is a better choice, it's got a wider range of games, and it's cheaper.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
I sold mine after a year...maybe less. The games were just not that impressive. I enjoy my 360 immensly though.

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade
^_^ I love the smell of burning Wii drives

I'm with AWL and Reclaimer, get a 360. You'll have more games, more people to play against and it's cheap for a base model. It may seem a little bit expensive for the console's must have upgrades (like battery packs and wireless internet adapter) but the 360 is truly worth it.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
I haven't tried the PS3, but I'll recommend the 360. It has a good library of games and the newer models are supposed to produce less heat (a.k.a. less chance of RRoD). Plus, you'll have more money to buy games to go with the 360 versus if you buy a PS3.

In defense of the Wii though, Pikmin 3, The Conduit, and Madworld are going to be released in the future. There's a lot of crap like Wii "Something" or Ubisoft's Wii offerings, but there are plenty of gems out there too for the system.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
WHAT! Man am I the only one who still has his? Raving rabbids, house of the dead return, house of the dead overkill, worms, the game library, Mario kart to name a few games. But yeah buy a 360.
Renamon's Army
The OCA
Gabumon Loverz
ok @ tigerlily. Its not so much that there are no games, as there is no games i like coming out for it. Wii is for people who dont mind party games all the time. Yes playing with friends is fun, but when in order to fully enjoy a game you need more people? thats not so great.

And hmmm a 360 seems to be popular concensus (phail at spelling) I will have to check my money reserves.
Well, also keep in mind the PS3 has a built in Wireless Internet adapter, free internet, Blu-Ray player, and looks far better than the 360.

Personally, I'd just downgrade to a PS2. Plenty of games across several genre, and it's cheap. I got my Beast(big case, Gen. 1) for sixty bucks used, with a warranty. Other than my dog eating one of the controllers, it works great.

And what's so wrong with Racing Sims and WWII games? *clutches Gran Turismo 4 and Call Of Duty 3 tightly to his chest*
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
The Wii, while having potential for greatness, is squandered between youth-based cookie cutter crap and old ports with the Wiimote shoehorned in somewhere. The main bulk of awesome found in the Wii is right now Nintendo-franchise; Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, and the Legendary Super Smash Bros. Brawl to name a few. Fortunately, more mature, hardcore, violent games from third party developers are getting made for the Wii to appeal to the neglected mature hardcore fanbase, with No More Heroes getting a sequel and SEGA making a new game called Mad World, which has Sin City stylized graphics and extremely exaggerated, extremely bloody violence.

Playstation 3 has Final Fantasy XIII coming out next year *For the US*, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Little Big Planet, and Metal Gear Solid 4. However, I am still very skeptic about Sony right now, since aside from the aforementioned games, I have little reason to choose the PS3 above all the others.

The 360 right now may be the best investment because of its long, well established run and the diverse variety of games already out or planned to come out.

Halo 3
Dead Rising
Left 4 Dead
Crackdown
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Tales of Vesperia
Final Fantasy XIII
Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope
The Orange Box
Resident Evil 5
Call of Duty 4
Fable II
Saints Row
Saints Row 2
Grand Theft Auto IV
Bioshock

I bet I could go on like this, but this is just an example of what the 360 has to offer over the others. Sure the PS3 may have ports of some of the games, but in the sinking economy, it all comes down to cost.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA