Join our server on Discord

Sold My Wii
(02-21-2009 10:07 AM)Cowboy From Hell Wrote: Well, also keep in mind the PS3 has a built in Wireless Internet adapter, free internet, Blu-Ray player, and looks far better than the 360.

I only just rechecked this thread so this is overdue but, the blu-ray player is only worthwhile if you plan on buying blue rays. The free internet isn't much to brag about because I really haven't heard anything particularly good about Sony's online anything. Playing Wireless is alright I guess, I prefer my console to be directly hooked up, so much better of a connection. And as for the looks...well I prefer the 360. The PS3 is so gaudy looking. The first time I saw I pic I thought it was a scanner/faxer. The 360 is simple, but the curves give it just the slightest bit of elegance...and the customization can be very fun.

I'll agree with the PS2 though, if you buy PS anything, get the PS2, Sony's still backing it so with failing PS3 sales, the 2 could be around even longer.

If you want a new system, and are torn before PS3 and 360, I would go 360. Most, not all, PS3 games are on 360, and it has a solid catalouge.

The reason I am against the whole "PC does everything" thing that T has is that not everyone has the time/money/effort to invest into getting that type of PC up and running. Not to mention it needs to be properly configured to play whatever games you want. I'm sure a properly set up system takes care of itself, but even if you get that one game you want, but it won't run, it can become quite a headache. With a console you know what you have, you know what will play, and its a no brainer. If you have the income and knowhow to do the PC thing, then T's probably right. But otherwise I'd say 360.

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade
(02-24-2009 05:29 AM)MISTER BIG T Wrote:
Quote:And Mr. Big i say younger audiences because most people do not want to after they enter thier teen years go and play carnival games, or another mario party re-make. And also I dont mind "getting sweaty" as you say. Its just that I play video games for fun. not extra work.

Wii Fit IS fun. Mario party games are greatest fun ever if you have friends.

You sound like a Wii Fit commercial T...in fact you could probably do a pretty good one, seeing as instead of commenting on Mr Metroid points, you simply dictated that the game IS fun, without making any points apart from the fact that 1337ness doesn't come into it.
Oh, and why might i dislike Wii Fit? Because i don't want Nazi-Nintendo to pursuade me to get fit, when they won't even return the favor of sticking Brawl on the 360. Once they put even a slightly decent Nintendo game on the 360 (R.E doesn't count because of the lack of Alice) then i'll think about Wii Fit.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Quote:when they won't even return the favor of sticking Brawl on the 360. Once they put even a slightly decent Nintendo game on the 360 (R.E doesn't count because of the lack of Alice) then i'll think about Wii Fit.

This has got to be the worst thing I've ever heard. Dude, you think Nintendo would give THEIR games, over to a rival company like Microsoft or Sony? If you seriously do, let's see it in a different perspective. Let's see Halo 3 on the Wii! Or better yet, Metal Gear Solid 4 on the Wii!... Or Metal Gear Solid 4 on the Xbox360!...

...They'll never happen. ALL COMPANIES would never do that. Isolate companies might, but the big three won't. Never.

Wii-Fit can be fun to people. It all depends on how you see it, really. We can't stop you from thinking if it's a good or bad game- no doubt. But Nintendo aren't forcing you or persuading you to get fit. You can still avoid the game with a ten foot pole, they won't chase you down and execute you because you haven't played it.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
(02-25-2009 08:03 AM)Kyosan Wrote: This has got to be the worst thing I've ever heard. Dude, you think Nintendo would give THEIR games, over to a rival company like Microsoft or Sony?
Nope, it was to show how unlikely it would be for me to play Wii Fit, whilst leaving a loophole for if i do find myself playing it. Happily however, if this does occur, at least i can play brawl on the 360.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Quote:The reason I am against the whole "PC does everything" thing that T has is that not everyone has the time/money/effort to invest into getting that type of PC up and running. Not to mention it needs to be properly configured to play whatever games you want. I'm sure a properly set up system takes care of itself, but even if you get that one game you want, but it won't run, it can become quite a headache. With a console you know what you have, you know what will play, and its a no brainer. If you have the income and knowhow to do the PC thing, then T's probably right. But otherwise I'd say 360.

O' realli?

http://www.alienware.com/products/aurora-desktop.aspx?SysCode=PC-AURORA-R5&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT

999 $ or for 30$ a month, without any interest in the first 12 months. There's also equally as good computers in your local areas but without ability to pay in months.

Let's look at Xbox 360, first you have to buy the console, then you have to buy all the nessecary acessories you want, controllers, LIVE costs you monthly, most likely a wireless router, HDMI cable, etc.

That's quite a lot of money you're pissing away claiming it being cheaper when you're only sparing few hundred dollars and ending up getting a worse system. If you don't know how to "set up pc" how do you know how to set up anything? All you have to do is put the power cord, monitor, etc, the same stuff you'd have to do with the console too.

If you don't have a HDTV, you can add that to the bill as well because getting either of the consoles without one is pretty much pointless anyway.

And add in the whole fact of 360 and PS 3 being outdated already next year (Along with your fancy new HDTV too) when we'll get the 3 D games and movies regulary to PC. There's already now tons of games that support 3 D on computer and more are made. Full length movies supporting the 3 D are also on the way.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/GeForce_3D_..._Main.html

If you still want to get 360 or PS 3 just because you don't want to go through any effort at all just to enjoy better quality games, you have no right to ever call yourself a gamer.

PC's don't require you to configure your computer any more than consoles for you to play a game, unless you play a really old game on a new pc. PC comes with a bonus of no red rings and they last much longer.

My friend got a PS 3 few month ago and it broke a while ago. He regrets ever buying one, because with the money and time spent fighting to make the console work, he could have the latest hi tech computer and he knows it.

(02-25-2009 06:31 AM)Guilmon and a shotgun Wrote: You sound like a Wii Fit commercial T...in fact you could probably do a pretty good one, seeing as instead of commenting on Mr Metroid points, you simply dictated that the game IS fun, without making any points apart from the fact that 1337ness doesn't come into it.
Oh, and why might i dislike Wii Fit? Because i don't want Nazi-Nintendo to pursuade me to get fit, when they won't even return the favor of sticking Brawl on the 360. Once they put even a slightly decent Nintendo game on the 360 (R.E doesn't count because of the lack of Alice) then i'll think about Wii Fit.

Wait, what?

Why would Nintedo let any of their great products to be played on other crappy systems? That sentence stupidity is overwhelming.

And you still haven't answered what makes it not a good game. So you are lazy and don't want to get sweaty, don't blame it on the game. It's good solid fun and makes exercise seem a bit less of a chore. It also helps you set up a plan if you want to lose some weight and acts as a great way to teach you how to do the moves needed in regular aerobics.

(02-25-2009 08:21 AM)Guilmon and a shotgun Wrote: Nope, it was to show how unlikely it would be for me to play Wii Fit, whilst leaving a loophole for if i do find myself playing it. Happily however, if this does occur, at least i can play brawl on the 360.

Oh. So you made a totally idiotic statement to compare your apathesis for a game then?

So you don't like to have fun time and lose your chubby? Is that what this is all about? Why not instead of making comparisions like having game on another console make an actual blunt answer of what makes the game bad and not talking like a riddler.

Okay, let's say this.

Metal Gear Solid 4 sucks ass.

Now you probably want to know a reason why I'd say that, right? So, why don't you also give a straight answer for why you think Wii Fit is so bad?

By the way, MGS 4 sucks because of the fact that Revolver Ocelot is old enough to be Snake's grandfather and he's still somehow alive, among many other stupid things.

(02-25-2009 08:03 AM)Kyosan Wrote: Wii-Fit can be fun to people. It all depends on how you see it, really. We can't stop you from thinking if it's a good or bad game- no doubt. But Nintendo aren't forcing you or persuading you to get fit. You can still avoid the game with a ten foot pole, they won't chase you down and execute you because you haven't played it.

That's my job. Twisted
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
Guilmon and a shotgun]
You mention that my approach was uncalled for when you yourself told people to "STFU" if they didnt like your use of a URL? Doesn't that seem a little hypocritical of yourself?

And also i grew out of my immaturity when gaming, just like the rest of us. I learned that to win, you didn't have to use do-or-die tactics or things like grabbing the biggest gun i could find and using it. Yes i corpse-humped and grenade spammed but it was fun, even if you don't comprehend it's enjoyment Unknown.

Finally, my attitude is off-balanced and can be offensive to people...i am working on sustaining it until i play against people online, who i may often taunt or ridicule as i play. Why? Because they can't hear me, and it makes me feel better. No one gets hurt, i get to blow off steam and Bubble-gum flavored beverages all around.
[/quote Wrote:
Nope. Wiki is widely known to be both liked and disliked.
You can say what ever you want. Just don't do it on a mike. It's loud and annoying. And about immaturity? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoqB6-mqv-I&feature=channel_page
Adam Sessler says it better then I could.

[quote='Guilmon and a shotgun' pid='313817' dateline='1235507517']
First, Godwin's Law. Second, Smash Bros. Brawl. The game full of Nintendo characters, plus Snake and Sonic. The game full of Nintendo History. The game that is basically THE Nintendo game. On the Xbox 360. Which is from Microsoft. I don't want to sound like a robot here but:

DOES NOT COMPUTE!
(02-25-2009 12:05 PM)MISTER BIG T Wrote: O' realli?

http://www.alienware.com/products/aurora-desktop.aspx?SysCode=PC-AURORA-R5&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT

999 $ or for 30$ a month, without any interest in the first 12 months. There's also equally as good computers in your local areas but without ability to pay in months.

Let's look at Xbox 360, first you have to buy the console, then you have to buy all the nessecary acessories you want, controllers, LIVE costs you monthly, most likely a wireless router, HDMI cable, etc.

That's quite a lot of money you're pissing away claiming it being cheaper when you're only sparing few hundred dollars and ending up getting a worse system. If you don't know how to "set up pc" how do you know how to set up anything? All you have to do is put the power cord, monitor, etc, the same stuff you'd have to do with the console too.

If you don't have a HDTV, you can add that to the bill as well because getting either of the consoles without one is pretty much pointless anyway.

And add in the whole fact of 360 and PS 3 being outdated already next year (Along with your fancy new HDTV too) when we'll get the 3 D games and movies regulary to PC. There's already now tons of games that support 3 D on computer and more are made. Full length movies supporting the 3 D are also on the way.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/GeForce_3D_..._Main.html

If you still want to get 360 or PS 3 just because you don't want to go through any effort at all just to enjoy better quality games, you have no right to ever call yourself a gamer.

PC's don't require you to configure your computer any more than consoles for you to play a game, unless you play a really old game on a new pc. PC comes with a bonus of no red rings and they last much longer.

My friend got a PS 3 few month ago and it broke a while ago. He regrets ever buying one, because with the money and time spent fighting to make the console work, he could have the latest hi tech computer and he knows it.

I implied it could be cheaper. It isn't always.

You say it's cheaper to buy a $1000 computer, that's for 1 person to play. I can get my 360 (the Elite model, $400) which comes with HDMI cables, and one controller, hard drive, ethernet port (all you really need to hook up to the internet, they even give you the ethernet cable but add $100 if you wanna hook it up wireless). Then I can get games (games cost whether console or PC, unless you're downloading them illegally), and extra controllers if need be. For $600 I can get the console, 2 games, a year of Xbox Live and an extra controller. That's $600 for two people to play on one system, $700 for four people to play on one system. At $1000 you still have one person playing on your one system (and no game yet unless you illegally download one, plus monthly costs if you play a game that has a subscription fee), and I have $300 more for games or whatever...unless the games you play only come out on PC you'll get a quality product, guarenteed to be compatible. Whether you play online or not, its nice to have those extra spots for friends.

Also, if you think PS3 and 360 are going to be outdated because of tech upgrades like 3d that are coming out...well that's just ignorant. Any 3d news I've heard promotes conversion software which can make most games 3d. Conversions of movies, games, etc. it's not going to happen just on PC, it'll come to consoles, dvds, any where they can fit it.

And by the way my setup comment wasn't about plugging the computer in. It was about configuring the drivers, etc. as is potentially needed, not that it will have to happen a lot or even at all, but that the potential to change a system parameter based on a certain game is not unlikely. No matter what 360 game I buy, now or two years from now, it will play. Whose to say the game on PC that wants to be just a bit better dosen't require you to buy a new graphics card? In fact that 3D link you posted says the 3D upgrade is $200, for one upgrade, but then when the next version comes out, how much will that cost? New technology will drop on 3D tech every year for a couple in a row, who is to say that card you invest in will be enough to power the game you want a year later? I'd much rather plan for a console change when I'm ready for one, than decide which game is worth getting an upgraded PC for.

As for a PC not getting a red ring...well I've seen the blue screen of death plenty on a PC.

We've had this debate before. I respect that you like PCs, but they certainly do not have the everything everyone is looking for. They are your preference, and some things you say are true about the advantages to them. But consoles have their own benefits and it's just neglegent to acknowledge them based on a console prejudice.

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade
(02-25-2009 02:54 PM)The Reclaimer Wrote: I implied it could be cheaper. It isn't always.

In most cases, it isn't.

Quote:You say it's cheaper to buy a $1000 computer, that's for 1 person to play.

Which is helpt with having friends or internet connection, then you don't have to play alone.

Quote:I can get my 360 (the Elite model, $400) which comes with HDMI cables, and one controller, hard drive, ethernet port (all you really need to hook up to the internet, they even give you the ethernet cable but add $100 if you wanna hook it up wireless).

Computer doesn't go online then?

Quote: Then I can get games (games cost whether console or PC, unless you're downloading them illegally), and extra controllers if need be. For $600 I can get the console, 2 games, a year of Xbox Live and an extra controller. That's $600 for two people to play on one system, $700 for four people to play on one system.

For 10$ a month, I can play with billions of people on World of Warcraft. :D

Quote: At $1000 you still have one person playing on your one system (and no game yet unless you illegally download one, plus monthly costs if you play a game that has a subscription fee), and I have $300 more for games or whatever...unless the games you play only come out on PC you'll get a quality product, guarenteed to be compatible.

Unless you have friends. Because you know, ever heard of 2 player games? There's quite many of them.

And no games? PC has BILLIONS FREE GAMES. No console has even half the ammount of free stuff PC gives you, from Flash games, to stylish shareware and Freeware games and old games released to open medium on ScummV or some other means by the makers.

Quote:Whether you play online or not, its nice to have those extra spots for friends.

Computers have usb spots. You can hook game pad/joystick to an usb port.

Quote:Also, if you think PS3 and 360 are going to be outdated because of tech upgrades like 3d that are coming out...well that's just ignorant.

Okay, let's see you prove me wrong.

Quote:Any 3d news I've heard promotes conversion software which can make most games 3d. Conversions of movies, games, etc. it's not going to happen just on PC, it'll come to consoles, dvds, any where they can fit it.

But not to PS 3 or 360 because of the whole fact of you know, them not supporting it. It'll come to next gen consoles though but not to these. That'd be like you'd have gone and bought Nintendo 64 and expected HD graphics to come to it.

Quote:And by the way my setup comment wasn't about plugging the computer in. It was about configuring the drivers, etc. as is potentially needed, not that it will have to happen a lot or even at all, but that the potential to change a system parameter based on a certain game is not unlikely.

Most modern games though, do have automatic optimization based on computer performance and even my mother knows how to download an update driver to graphics card. If you don't know that, you can get a software that does it for you, same with almost every aspect in your computer updating.

Quote:No matter what 360 game I buy, now or two years from now, it will play. Whose to say the game on PC that wants to be just a bit better dosen't require you to buy a new graphics card?

If you buy a modern pc as I've mentioned, it'll stay in tune for at least 4 or so years, where areas 360 and PS 3 are going to be oudated in a year.

Of course it won't run on BEST quality but if you want, by then you can buy that new graphics card that's still going to be cheaper than buying the next entire console that comes.

Quote: In fact that 3D link you posted says the 3D upgrade is $200, for one upgrade, but then when the next version comes out, how much will that cost?

Not nearly as much as Play Station 4 I can tell you that.

Quote:New technology will drop on 3D tech every year for a couple in a row, who is to say that card you invest in will be enough to power the game you want a year later?

Unless you buy a shitty card, of course it will power up. My old customized computer ran most of the (Then) modern games even though it was over 5 years old.

Quote:I'd much rather plan for a console change when I'm ready for one, than decide which game is worth getting an upgraded PC for.

Entirely wrong mindset. You get a game based on your PC, not PC based on a game.

Quote:As for a PC not getting a red ring...well I've seen the blue screen of death plenty on a PC.

What OS do you use, 98??! Besides, blue screen wasn't the death, it was the red screen of death.

Quote:I respect that you like PCs, but they certainly do not have the everything everyone is looking for.

Yes they do and lot more.

Name me something 360 does that my PC can't.

I can name over twenty things my PC can do that 360 can't.

Quote: But consoles have their own benefits and it's just neglegent to acknowledge them based on a console prejudice.

Consoles such as Wii and DS have the benefit of breaking the mold and doing something different and not trying to beat a PC in their own game, so to speak. They try give us revolutionary gameplay mechanics, instead of giving nice graphics; which they also do sport but the bonus of the game mechanics actually being game oriented rather than the visual.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
Ok no offense Mr.Big T. I have nothing against or what you like. I am just saying that I personaly do not like nintendo's current plan of action. I used to love nintendo. But thier recent path is just not for me.

I also would like to point out that you are honestly becomeing sort of the "King of Nintendo Advertiseing department". (In quotations because I am quoteing what I said when I read all your posts in this thread.)
And I'm often times like that myself. But I do that with a lot of things and places.