Join our server on Discord

Sold My Wii
(02-20-2009 04:41 PM)Chaosmetroid Wrote: Sure there was Smash Bros Brawl, Zelda Twighlight Princess, and Metroid Prime 3, but after that whats left realy? Wii FIt? Not on your life!

Why do people complain about Wii Fit? It's ten times better than GTA 4 and much more inoative. Are you affraid of becoming sweaty? (Speaking of GTA 4, why does it get rave reviews anyway? I'd give it 7 out of 10. I took the controller, discovered it had neat graphics and then noticed it was pretty much the same as always and put the controller down. The Godfather was much better than it anyway.)

If it's a kid console, I dare you to beat my scores in Wii fit. (100 points in most and trainer beaten in duels) You know, a game that actually is dependant on you yourself, not how l33t you are.

The idea of making the player interact, have fun, and lose weight is excellent and it has boardened Wii's market area to many places and brought us the Wii balance board, which is getting new games developed for it as well as support to some games.

Quote: But I want a new system. So anyone know which is a better idea? Xbox-360? PS3? give me a hand.

Neither, go for PC upgrades/new one, both are pretty much a poor man's pc wannabe anyway. Almost every game coming to either consoles can either be emulated with a good computer or they are ported to PC along with the bonus of better graphics and controls.

PC may seem very costy but you'll actually waste much more money buying either of the consoles (PS3 and 360) because the games cost more, controllers, and all the assecories along do also cost extra. Then there's the whole point of that the HD graphics and Blu Ray are pretty much going to be outdated next year anyway and replaced with the 3 D graphics. So you'd have to buy another console yet again next year, along with a new TV to boot so you can look at the 3 D movies and 3 D games.

Did I mention any modern PC plays both of the consoles games? Yeah, I think I did. You know which consoles can't be emulated? Wii and DS. Well, I'm sure you COULD because the specs aren't "for younger audiences" but that'd be the waste of their greatest feat then and you should go back to playing the original Doom if you're gonna be stupid enough to do that.

(02-23-2009 12:53 PM)Chaosmetroid Wrote: Sooo lets see here

Wii= syestem geard twords younger audience and unless you like mostly gimmicky games dont buy it.

Well if you don't like games that are fun, then don't buy Wii. Ignore the "younger audience" most games for older audiences are total pretensious crap any way. You should get Wii already because it is the only one with proper Megaman 9, the rest of consoles tried to implement smoothed edges and all sorts of shit. Which totally ruins the entire concept of the game being retro. Not to mention, playing the game with controller sideways makes you think you're actually back during the time when games could be fun without 10 min long cutscenes, licensed sound track, and saying fuck every other second.

Statistics prove that more and more younger people are more intelligent than older generation. (We know brain cells regenerate, can split atom, etc...) If Wii is meant for "younger" that equals it is for smarter people than you. Or vice versa; anyone who actually buys wannabe pc is a douchebag and I'll laugh at their wasted money. Haha.

Kid's stuff!

This is for younger audiences.

How kiddy.

A game you can buy to your 4 year baby girl? (By the way don't, unless you plan on teaching her 100 ways to kill a human in gruesome fashion) Wii also has most weapons.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
See. T gets it.
(02-23-2009 02:45 AM)Crimson Fox Wrote: [quote='Guilmon and a shotgun']
oh really? if thats the case, shouldn't Spawn Camping, Grenade spamming, Screamers and n00bs cease to exist? all are the creations of gamers who want to win. The Wii is marketed at children, families and pretty much everyone. Frankly i'd be embarrassed to own a console which was marketed at people who barely know anything other to eat their boogers.

The Wii's marketed to more than just the smaller kids. Also, the 360's been trying to market to a wider audience lately too. That New XBox Live Experience is really shit what with the forced avatars and new looks for the menus. [/quote]
Okay, i agree with you there Crimson. Avatars are annoying, and the menu's aren't as snazzy as they used to be. But hey, i actually find i can use the new category system quite functionally, and my Avatar is now my own personal voodoo doll. Ever wiggled the thumbstick so they get dizzy? it's pretty amusing for the few minutes that it takes for your game to load up after putting it in the drive.
(02-23-2009 04:30 AM)Kyosan Wrote: Games are meant to be enjoyed, not taken seriously.
Quote:ruins the ideology of "I'm so good at this game, no normal person can best me at it" that most gamers have.
There's always someone better then you. Even those who don't play or are new, can still be able to pick up the way of playing the game you excel in and beat you. Whether it's the Wii, Xbox 360 or the PS3, any console in fact. This ideology of "Someone always better" CAN be proven.
That's not what i meant. Look at it again. "I'm so good at this game, no normal person can best me at it". the term Normal there was a reference to someone who isn't a self-proclaimed gamer. Thusly, it's quite improbable for someone to be better then this person and yet doesn't say that they are a gamer.
Again, fun is a matter of perspective; fun can even be contrived from being serious about something or just annoying the hell out of someone. Left 4 Dead is a perfect example of this, because whilst your teammates may want to fight off the zombies, you might lock them in a room with the zombies and enjoy their frustration.

(02-23-2009 03:41 PM)UnknownH Wrote: [quote='Guilmon and a shotgun' pid='313066' dateline='1235308099']
oh really? if thats the case, shouldn't Spawn Camping, Grenade spamming, Screamers and n00bs cease to exist? all are the creations of gamers who want to win. The Wii is marketed at children, families and pretty much everyone. Frankly i'd be embarrassed to own a console which was marketed at people who barely know anything other to eat their boogers.
Now that just hurts. And is uncalled for. Know your Roots! Remember what you were when you got your first system? That's right. The same thing.

Guilmon and a shotgun]
I only favour the 360, not because i had the older Xbox and wanted to play Halo 3, but because it was done properly. It wasnt marketed at families or drooling toddlers, it wasn't designed to be small or economical. It was designed for gaming, whilst giving it a lower base price then the PS3 and making the rest from Add-ons such as Wireless net, Live and Controllers. Yes it's not as advanced as the Wii or PS3 but thats what makes it good, it doesn't alienate you from the control system. I have a friend who was bought ALL the consoles and he prefers the 360 out of all of them. He still likes the PS3 and Wii, but he's nearly always playing on the Xbox.

Oh and Unknown, Fun is a matter of opinion. People find team killing fun, or making fun of their enemies by 'humping' their corpses. Even grabbing the biggest gun on Call of Duty 4 (i.e the M60E4) and sticking red dot sight on it is fun to some people, but to others it just demonstrates a lack of skill. I have fun when i'm unlocking achievements because i get the ego satisfaction of putting the effort in and getting something rewarding out. Fun can be nice or twisted depending on your viewpoint. Skill can only be useful.
[/quote Wrote:
Again, not very called for. Wii is not for babies as it is for everyone. And why would you find that fun? The humping. Isn't that liked by the same people who may have used to flush your head is school? Or the kind of guy who's at Taco Bell at 3 am. A low watt in the brain area but big on muscle mass.
You mention that my approach was uncalled for when you yourself told people to "STFU" if they didn't like your use of a URL? Doesn't that seem a little hypocritical of yourself?

And also i grew out of my immaturity when gaming, just like the rest of us. I learned that to win, you didn't have to use do-or-die tactics or things like grabbing the biggest gun i could find and using it. Yes i corpse-humped and grenade spammed but it was fun, even if you don't comprehend it's enjoyment Unknown.

Finally, my attitude is off-balanced and can be offensive to people...i am working on sustaining it until i play against people online, who i may often taunt or ridicule as i play. Why? Because they can't hear me, and it makes me feel better. No one gets hurt, i get to blow off steam and Bubble-gum flavored beverages all around.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
The reason I play video games is to learn the game, have fun, and win in the process. I'm not one of those people who piss away their lives to beat Through the Fire and Flames 100% on Extreme while they diddle themselves or only focus on one game or one console. A true gamer plays all consoles and all genres, save for sports, because that's not an actual genre; it's just marketing!

I compete online because I want to be able to put my ability to the test against other players. Even if I lose, I still have a great time, unless the assholes are cheating or hacking, because I know that I still have a long way to go.

And MBT, you're really just playing the wrong games. There are a lot of games on the 360 that are fun.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
They may be but as I pointed out, can be played on PC.

Just want to say,

Quote:and DS.

Has been emulated. Just not fully and completely yet, but I've been able to play some games like Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations and Pokemon Diamond on my PC. :P
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Alternatively DS ROMs can be played on the ds with an r4 card.
Renamon's Army
The OCA
Gabumon Loverz
No, really? ;3
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Well when it comes to emulating my knowledge of computers goes kaputski. So if someone would like to let me know how to do that it would be cool.

And Mr. Big i say younger audiences because most people do not want to after they enter thier teen years go and play carnival games, or another mario party re-make. And also I dont mind "getting sweaty" as you say. Its just that I play video games for fun. not extra work.

If I wanted a work out I would go to a gym or play some sports (both of which I take part in, sports more than gyms).
(02-24-2009 08:19 AM)Kyosan Wrote: Just want to say,

Quote:and DS.

Has been emulated. Just not fully and completely yet, but I've been able to play some games like Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations and Pokemon Diamond on my PC. :P

Yeah great, let's take the very things that make the system good like the touch panel and the dual monitors and make the interface work with mouse. I'm sure that won't affect the gaming experience!! What next, emulating Wii using your mouse instead of motion sensory?

Instead of stupid thing like these, these bozos should instead work in working out the kinks out of PS 3 and 360 emulators.

Quote:And Mr. Big i say younger audiences because most people do not want to after they enter thier teen years go and play carnival games, or another mario party re-make. And also I dont mind "getting sweaty" as you say. Its just that I play video games for fun. not extra work.

Wii Fit IS fun. Mario party games are greatest fun ever if you have friends.

What are you talking about anyway? Do you really think mature rank equals for a more fun game than a game for all audiences?