Join our server on Discord

Sold My Wii
(02-21-2009 07:49 AM)Ghostiemon Wrote: WHAT! Man am I the only one who still has his? Raving rabbids, house of the dead return, house of the dead overkill, worms, the game library, Mario kart to name a few games. But yeah buy a 360.

I've still got my Wii, and I'm loving it. Old SNES/NES/TurboGrafix/N64/Genesis/Neo-Geo games are awesome, and most of the Wii games are just plain fun because of the Wiimote (Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Rayman: Raving Rabbids, Metroid Prime 3, ect.)

Wii isn't crap, just because it has no blow-some-brains-out shooters. I find it strange how a lot of people think that just because Wii has no ultraviolent games, that it's a piece of crap.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
(02-20-2009 04:41 PM)Chaosmetroid Wrote: Ya after only two years of haveing it I finaly realized that there is just not enough games for me on this system.

Sure there was Smash Bros Brawl, Zelda Twighlight Princess, and Metroid Prime 3, but after that whats left realy? Wii FIt? Not on your life!

Not because I hate being active, its just I play games to relax, not work harder. So I am debateing on getting a new system. Right now i play only World of Warcraft (awesome!)

But I want a new system. So anyone know which is a better idea? Xbox-360? PS3? give me a hand.

Oh but excersising can be fun! DDR for example. I say get a 360 for gameplay quality. Or for graphics i would say PS3
Do I constantly have to hit you people over the head with this thing.

Here are the games I have.

Mario Galaxy
Nights: Journey into Dreams
Sonic Riders Zero Gravity
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
Bleach: Shattered Blade
No More Heroes
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Soul Caliber Legends
Okami
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Wario Land Shake It!
Sonic Unleashed

Next I shall get Sonic and the Black Knight, possibly Madworld, and No More Heroes Desperate Struggle. Also there's things like Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Boom Blox, De Blob and possibly more I forgot.

No of my list, At least 6 games should be gotten. Maybe 8 or more depending on what you like. So just say Screw the shovelware. Wii Music/Wii Fit are not games. And buy more Wii Points.

I can give you a list of games that might be good. Plus a lot of Cube games to play. So please, stop with the hate ok. There are plenty of games to get. And the PS2 needs to die already. Trust me on this.
I do like the ability to download the old titles. After all the old games are some of the best. Like the original mario, metroid, and zelda. But spending $250 on a system then buying point cards in order to play these games is just not worth it.

The 360 has an amazing line-up of games, and while online is not free, it is better quality.

The PS3 has much better graphics and overall horsepower, but almost none of its games take advantage of that. It has great titles like God of War 3 coming to it. (praying for 360 release) and kingdom hearts (also hopeing for 360 release). But two games do not make a system.

I will probably go with the 360. But I am not fully decided. will have to see what microsoft has to offer. But I will not be getting my Wii back.

Farewell Metroid franchise, you where one of my all time favorites. But its time that I realise that you and the zelda series are just not worth buying a $250 system for a few games.
Yeah, like the PS2 will ever actually die. You just know in 20 or 30 years, it'll become "retro", and popular again.

Cases in point: Atari, Nintendo, Sega, Super Nintendo, Etc...
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
(02-21-2009 03:07 PM)Chaosmetroid Wrote: I do like the ability to download the old titles. After all the old games are some of the best. Like the original mario, metroid, and zelda. But spending $250 on a system then buying point cards in order to play these games is just not worth it.

Well, buying games from a real store is just the same as buying point cards.... :P

And yeah, PS2 is a freakin' zombie. Xbox and GC died around 2005, yet PS2 is still alive and kickin'.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
(02-21-2009 11:23 PM)Angewomons_Lover Wrote:
(02-21-2009 03:07 PM)Chaosmetroid Wrote: I do like the ability to download the old titles. After all the old games are some of the best. Like the original mario, metroid, and zelda. But spending $250 on a system then buying point cards in order to play these games is just not worth it.

Well, buying games from a real store is just the same as buying point cards.... :P

And yeah, PS2 is a freakin' zombie. Xbox and GC died around 2005, yet PS2 is still alive and kickin'.

Yes and next to the PSP their biggest source of income. Since the PS3 is flunking.
(02-21-2009 02:39 PM)UnknownH Wrote: Do I constantly have to hit you people over the head with this thing.
No, you could just get a normal console.

Lets be honest, it's not a console to be taken seriously and Nintendo advertise this PLAINLY in their commercials for the Wii; you see families gathered around their televisions, giggling and laughing as they play Mario Kart and there's absolutely no sense of hostility between them, no emotional lust for winning the game. Without these, there's no gamer ego satisfaction from achieving the object of online matches.

Furthermore, the controllers are just laughable. We've been using buttons, triggers, bumpers, thumbsticks and joysticks for more then a decade now and both Microsoft and Sony have recognized this as the standard format of controllers (just as their is a standard layout of car controls). You can't expect people who've used hammers all their life to use a screwdriver properly. True, we've had some experience of movement technology (back in 1989 when the Powerglove came out, and that sucked too!)

I'm sorry to ramble on about this, but the Wii is just...It's like a go-kart okay? They're both very small and both are very fun to play with, but they're also both childish and hard to control. The 360 is so much more of a console. Even if it isn't as advanced as the others, it's still the better option for some serious gaming action.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
PS2 is still around because noone wants to upgrade. My GC and and GBA got replaced years ago, still have them though. I'll be getting the new DSi when I get a chance, if anyone will buy my original DS. But noones willing to shell out all that money to upgrade to ps3, especially in the current crisis.
Renamon's Army
The OCA
Gabumon Loverz
With Nintendo and even Microsoft, they no about evolution. And people forget the important thing about games. FUN! And I was kind of joking about hitting people. Nintendo has what I always want to play. Them and Sega. They know what to make. And refer to what I said before.

And remember, the Hardcore sucks.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Ma...vingFunGuy