Join our server on Discord

Hello 2009!
Quote:(A tad pessimist aren't we?)

Let's see, we've got; a rookie senator with no real experience in the White House, a government under the control of one party (giving them little incentive to listen to the people who elected them and a lot of incentive to abuse power), a bad economy, a radical belief (environmentalism) being used to justify more government control (always a bad thing), a growing debt and trade deficit (which Obama says might have to be ignored to help repair the economy, which is a paradox), and the Bill of Rights is becoming less respected everyday.

Oh, and assuming the rules regarding elections aren't changed, it'll be at least two years before anything can be done to change the government. I'm not a total pessimist, but I'm not naive either.

Quote:Obama will have several assassination attemtps, which will make Anti-Obaman's very bitter and upset/arrogant and ignorant

Why, because "innocent until proven guilty" will be tossed to the wind and we'll all be accused of some ridiculous racist conspiracy theory? And before anyone tells me not to make assumptions, the local paper has, for the past five or six issues, either run a story or has accepted letters bemoaning how Arkansas must be racist because John Kerry got more votes than Obama.
Last time I checked, the only people who have had expirence in the white house... were presidents (Which means they had no expirence), or vice presidents. Rather hard to come by especially after another party has held the office for the past 8 years.

The control of both congress and the executive branch happens every once in a while. Nothing bad has ever happened.

Enviromentalism is a weird subject to discuss. Although there is no real global warming going on, we still have people going batshit insane about the end times nearing. (groan) Some envriomentalists are fairly good, and are working to find another energy source to remove our demand for oil. (Did you notice politicians only mentioned our addiction to oil when gas prices were high? Using windmills to power cities is a great idea, and I am reminded about it each time I head to and from college. (The parts of windmills are transported from Houston constantly) Enviromentalism is not inherently bad, it just needs some work, and now the "good" enviromentalists are seeing the spotlight again. (We need electric cars)

If you know a crash is coming, then prepare for it. Be ready to reinvest when the stock market crashes. If not your only going to be kicking your own ass when the panic ends.

I am all for another national convention. We could remake the government, if this system is notworking right now we can change it by holding a national convention.

Well the rules of our government elections wil be held in two years and if the public feels like the democrats are not doing a good job, they will vote them out of office.

No because the media will spin it every which way it can. If a religious white man shoots at or kills Obama, and claims it heart and soul on religious beliefs alot of conervatives will be upset. Because their religious right angle will be scewed to intolerance.

That is upsetting for your newspaper, but that is the view that your newspaper has, you could consider changing to a viewpoint you more agree with.
"You can't just do that..."

"Bitch please and tree"

"وليس هناك ما هو صحيح ، كل شيء مسموح به."
The OCA
Gabumon Loverz
PsychoticPorcupine Wrote:Although there is no real global warming going on
I just lost all respect for anything you said before or after that statement.

What will 2009 hold? Hopefully, infrastructure improvements, jobs based more on physical productivity than intangible financial conjecture.

What will 2009 hold for me personally? I don't know, but as always, I'm hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
(12-28-2008 12:31 PM)Wisemon Wrote:
PsychoticPorcupine Wrote:Although there is no real global warming going on
I just lost all respect for anything you said before or after that statement.

Oh, yeah. Global WARMING. That's why it SNOWED in HOUSTON.

It's a literal equivalent of Hell freezing over.
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
With the yar comming to a close... I have more things to add...

Got into an underground band named Mayday Parade

Gave a friend a naked pic of myself :P

Started working on my art

Will help to stablise my brother's and his ex-girlfriend's relationship

MIGHT become an Uncle...

Enter High school *whimper*
[Image: seifer.jpg]

FCF2adw A+ C- D- H M- P- R+ T++++ W->+ Z Sm++ RL- a- c++++w d--->++ e-->+ f-- h*>+++ i++>+++ j+>+++ p+ sms>+
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
Gabumon Loverz
Creative Minds
It isn't happening. XD

If you remember correctly 1990 we were spouting off about global cooling. The Earth is just breathign naturally, we should be more worried about the magnetic poles flipping within the next 10-20 years and what to do when it does.
"You can't just do that..."

"Bitch please and tree"

"وليس هناك ما هو صحيح ، كل شيء مسموح به."
The OCA
Gabumon Loverz
I found out I'm in love with someone
Hello 2009 :D
[Image: FlamedramonColored.png]
Veemon's Followers
Quote:Oh, yeah. Global WARMING. That's why it SNOWED in HOUSTON.
It is, actually. The phenomenon is far more complex than just literal warming across the globe.

Quote:It isn't happening. XD

If you remember correctly 1990 we were spouting off about global cooling. The Earth is just breathign naturally, we should be more worried about the magnetic poles flipping within the next 10-20 years and what to do when it does.
I never heard anything about "global cooling," and no, I think Greenland melting and flooding the entire eastern seaboard is a bigger problem.

On that note, I hope 2009 also brings investment in power plants that run on wind, solar, or geothermal energy.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
You know, I love how people are so swept up in this global warming debate that no one's asking the real question:

Does global warming justify the government taking on powers and authority not granted to it by the Constitution?
What happened in 2008 for me...

I revived the Survivor fanboy in me.

Became a fan of Twilight

Hated the PS3 a lot...I MEAN A LOT. That thing is fucking heavy!

Became a fan of Mirror's Edge, I love it!

I became clumsy, way clumsier than I usually am.

Showed how much of a drummer I am on Guitar Hero: World Tour.

Started to read more and more and more books, now I can't find space to keep them all!

And best of all, I improved in cooking skills at home. :D

For 2009

I'll be getting a BETTER job. Subway is nice...but tiring

Get back to studying

Try to be more active, you know loose weight.

And for 2009, I'll want that divorce settled.
MythBusters Pictures, Images and Photos

3000 posts baby!
Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds