Join our server on Discord

Furry-based D&D?
Thank you DMX for saying what I did but in different way. Hopefully, this'll change at the very least...
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
(12-10-2008 12:07 AM)DragonMasterX Wrote:
Quote:Bravehearts (lions): Recieved the nick name after a small army of just 200 men went up against 7,000 dragonesses, they suffered a defeat but took down 6,200 with them. They killed with only one arm, showing a true testament of their courage and tenacity. They own most cities and are most common.

Hmm, according to this description, a Braveheart can take on roughly 31 enemies before suffering a death due to excessive blood loss and beatings from all the enemies they've faced in a row. Which is essentially a class that focus on endurance and power yet relies on poor defense and agility. A double-edged class of my preference. However...

Quote:Dragonesses: Prideful race, best with giant weapons, can swing a great-axe as fast a stick.

First, Dragonesses is prural to Dragoness, which means Female Dragon. I'm just saying this to clarify, because I'm not sure if you're indicating that the entire draconic populance is female, buff, and utterly gigantic (*Drool*) to the point they wield as-gigantic-weapons.

Second, your story about Bravehearts vs. Dragonesses is exageratted. Even if Bravehearts are like Berserkers and their adrenaline keeps them up even after several beatings, just how do you explain eight hundred out of seven THOUSAND GIGANTIC AXES winning, and not being able to down 200 lions without so many casualties? The gigantic axes are supposed to take at least two enemies per strike, by logic! Else why make it so big?

The fight you described for bravehearts is just like saying it was an army of seven thousand soldiers using combat knives against an army of two hundred soldiers using rifles. Rifles have a great advantage at a distance and before the 7000 knives come near, they can be downed to a more inoffensive number, but there aren't as many rounds of bullets as soldiers probably, so they'll get owned eventually. Yet this is an example of a balanced fight.

I'd believe 200 vs. 800 or 1000 Dragons, but even then it makes me think: Why give them HUGE POWERFUL WEAPONS that can be swung like STICKS (REALLY FAST) if they get raped by lions as if they were slugs? Mehz.

Conclussion: The races aren't bad, neither are their descriptions (Actually, you could try writing a more extent background on each of them), but they need more work and balance. I mean, why not just choose 10 Bravehearts and go against the final boss at level 1? Or wait, that doesn't sound fair. Send only 5 Bravehearts.
Also it feels weird calling a lion race braveheart? I prefer calling them beastmen instead of braveheart.
I'm more active in FA and DA now. Click here to look at my gallery!
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Creative Minds
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
WE AAARRRRRRR THE BEAST MEN!!!!
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
(12-08-2008 04:47 AM)Altima Wrote: Well, do whatever. we have a huge list of stuff.

-we need a history of the world going back at least 500 years (it doesn't have to be HUGE, but at least major points, such as wars, alliances between nations.

-Religions, gods, and cults, though ray is working on that

-Various cities, and how they came to be, and what are their main achievements(such as major porting towns, trading centers, meccah of religion, etc.)

-and if anyone would like to create a world map, that could help.

-We need classes. and it would be great to have more than 10 to choose from.

-and a lot more.
I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING EARLIER! I've been wrapped up in shitloads of work, I'll gladly take on the classes duty if it hasn't been. Classes is my thing and I cna come up with dozens just from listneing to myself for 10 minutes. My email is lovingneko@Gmail.com, I'm always available, just ask what you want from me in anything (preferably classes) and describe to me what kind of diversity you want. Such as generic, freeform, completely out there, warriors, mages, etc etc! I do anything.

BRAVEHEARTS/DRAGONESSES:
Actually that happens a lot in war where an extremely few number takes on a lot and takes down a decent number. Nextly, Dragonesses does have males in it and that leads into my point that they are not ungodly powerful dragons, if you read my description of dragonesses and actually thought about it you'd realize a good big of the soldiers use AXES, which is guess what? Even with speed fairly easy to break or dodge. Also, I never said they weren't flipping elites or if any of the bravehearts (being a nickname for the race not the race's actual name) were NATURALLY that strong. Please read carefully next time.
Quote:BRAVEHEARTS/DRAGONESSES:
Actually that happens a lot in war where an extremely few number takes on a lot and takes down a decent number. Nextly, Dragonesses does have males in it and that leads into my point that they are not ungodly powerful dragons, if you read my description of dragonesses and actually thought about it you'd realize a good big of the soldiers use AXES, which is guess what? Even with speed fairly easy to break or dodge. Also, I never said they weren't flipping elites or if any of the bravehearts (being a nickname for the race not the race's actual name) were NATURALLY that strong. Please read carefully next time.

lol, I for one took the time to fully read what you posted and even quoted the key points of my disagreements. I bolded your critical speech up there, and here's two things I need you to know:

First of all, use whatever name you want, I'm just telling you that by adding 'ness' in the word "dragon" you are implying they are female, not male. This example is found in other animals as well, a good one is "Tiger" that when female is named "Tigress". The 'ess' is probably a suffix added to remark the gender. Don't you think so as well?

Second of all, I don't really agree with your statement on armies, especially when you're stating that the "Dragonesses" can swing giant weapons like sticks (Insanely fast, unless we're not speaking of the wooden sticks one might find on the ground next to a tree), which would even up the "one hand pwn" mastery you gave to the "Bravehearts" if at least a bit. Thus, your 7000 vs. 200 = 800 left is still over-exageratted and is easily implying how 'uber'-powerful the BraveHeart class is. And that is why I'm saying it's not a class that would prove to be any interesting unless your goal is not to play a challenging game. I'm guessing people wanna have fun evenly, but at the same time with their own individual choice of a self-representation in the game, not be shadowed by a class that can take out 30 enemies with such ease.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I said with 6200 remaining...not with 6200 killed!
Oh really? This says otherwise:

"(This post was last modified: Today 12:50 AM by Raze the Judgement.)"

Check it by yourself. Reply Number 07 in this thread.

Careful with what you try to say to back yourself up.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
ok.. this is getting out of hand.. my heads hurting from all these arguments that lead nowhere, and the fact that people keep coming up to me, saying I'm the leader, but that's just because I brought this topic up for discussion. Yes I had it in mind, but sofar I haven't really given people much to do, because I'm allowing others to get together and work out these problems.

I personally am working on a sort of stat system that is similar, but not exactly the D20 system(basically D&D rules). Otherwise, I haven't said anything else. And description wouldn't matter as much, since this is an RPG. Strength is determined by overal capabilities.

So yeah, from now on, please keep arguments out of this thread. Only use this thread to ask questions, or share information with other members in this project. Otherwise, just keep to msn/yahoo IMs to figure out stuff.

Or, if it seems easier, perhaps an admin could possibly create a group for this project, so that we could better organize our ideas?
http://ethala.proboards80.com/index.cgi
Digimon P&P RPG forum.

new summoner rp called Sei'La Tlly located in mixed rp. feel free to join.

[Image: Furries-1.jpg]
Quote:ok.. this is getting out of hand.. my heads hurting from all these arguments that lead nowhere,

They are discussions. There's a difference between a discussion and an argument - and this is definately not an argument. If you can't take discussions, ask for the thread to be closed dude and also drop the idea, because this kind of idea WILL stir up discussions all the way till it's created and people will disagree with the things suggested by other. Kthxbai.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Kurtz, I don't mena to sound rude but we were arguing, me and DMX that is. Which reminds me yeah I noticed the typo DMX which is why I fixed it...oh Altima if you don't mind I'll work on classes (not races)< I love working on classes. If anyone has classes so far please send me them so I don't accidentally remake them.