Join our server on Discord

Furry-based D&D?
I'm sure many of you know what comes to mind when you hear the phrase "Dungeons and Dragons". groups of nerds rolling dice, traversing graph paper maps, andpretending their some epic warrior from a distant land. Many of you don't find this interesting. Others confusing. Or if you're like me, you enjoy this type of gaming.

Well, I had been thinking, as I went searching through various pen-and-paper games like D&D, that they should make a furry-based one.I mean they have one base don samurais, ninjas, fairies, robots, aliens, and all kinds of things, except for anthropomorphic characters. I mean, sure there are werewolves and such. So I've given it some thought, and figured perhaps I should make a furry-based P&P(pen and paper) game that we could all play?

Basically, I post this to get peoples attention, and also to recruit volunteers, because it'll take a lot of work to come up with something this big, and to make it enjoyable. And you don't have to do anything strenuous or extremely difficult, or anything. All I need is support, and anybody willing to help.

For those that show any interest, or wondering what exactly needs to be done is simple: I need people to contribute ideas, and help create this "world" of furries. I need people to test out the various game mechanics, or offer their own. Even minor contributions will help.

If anyone is intersted, just drop a post, and I'm sure that we could find something to work on.
http://ethala.proboards80.com/index.cgi
Digimon P&P RPG forum.

new summoner rp called Sei'La Tlly located in mixed rp. feel free to join.

[Image: Furries-1.jpg]
What do you mean by game mechanics?
[Image: seifer.jpg]

FCF2adw A+ C- D- H M- P- R+ T++++ W->+ Z Sm++ RL- a- c++++w d--->++ e-->+ f-- h*>+++ i++>+++ j+>+++ p+ sms>+
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
Gabumon Loverz
Creative Minds
basically, there are some dice rolls, and status checks that need to be done while playing any game in D&D. I'd need someone to set up a skills system that will be easy to use, and work in a way that it won't drastically affect the game. for instance, in normal D&D, to perform any status "check" or basically a test, (lets say to attack a player), you first need a status score, a rank, and any modifiers.

And also, game mechanics could mean coming up with various spells, and weapons. I need someone to create these and make sure they are balanced in the game so they aren't too powerfl for a given level.(we don't want a lvl 1 wizard having the ability to kill 3 enemies with one simple attack, or a swordsman to have a strong weapon that guarantees a kill regardless of difficulties.)
Digimon P&P RPG forum.

May I suggest names for each race?
For instance, wolf anthros cna be called werewolves (duh) or kobolds (duh),
cat anthros cna be called nekos (duh) dragons dragonesses (duh), simple stuff like that. The basis of all games is names.
Lol, well, names will be easy to come up with, but if you wish to come up with something a little more important, such as important furries in the history of this "fantasy world", or perhaps great clans, or somehting, go ahead.
Digimon P&P RPG forum.

ok I write this message making an important furry in history out of thin air *whoosh*

500 years before the start of your game a mommy furry and a dady furry loved each other and had a baby furry wolf called Crangor Jungre. He grew up in the town of Appleby*pronouced Applebee* where his mother and father were killed when he was 12. He spent 10 agonisingly long years training and searching to find the murderer and take revenge. Along the way he met many mercenaries that joined him and together they had a total of 20 warriors.*Time to make your calander* On the 12th day of Lunipor in the year 385 Crangor and his private squad of mercinaries found the camp of the murderer who was the famous Heronald Fregreta. Now Heronald also had an army of mercenaries but waas much larger being around 67 men. A battle waged on for more then 4 hours until ony 12 men of Heronald and Crangor were left. These men fought bravly but were no match for Crangor. Dealing the final blow Crangor was defeated by an arrow in the back.

So ends the story of the most famous legend yet.

FCF2adw A+ C- D- H M- P- R+ T++++ W->+ Z Sm++ RL- a- c++++w d--->++ e-->+ f-- h*>+++ i++>+++ j+>+++ p+ sms>+
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
Gabumon Loverz
Creative Minds
Here's what I got..
Werewolves: Expands in secrecy, spread out, relies on own race, very prideful
Neko (cats): Found in neartly every type of village/town/city of each race, spread wide and very widely accepted (also very friendly)
Dragonesses: Prideful race, best with giant weapons, can swing a great-axe as fast a stick.
Kobolds (dogs): Friendly race, despite tensions with nekos, kobolds and nekos are often paired togeather in love, much like nekos spread wide and found in almosty every village/town/city
Avians (birds): Bold race and very intellegent, can use spells effectively and light weapons, few can even LIFT heavy weapons
Bravehearts (lions): Recieved the nick name after a small army of just 200 men went up against 7,000 dragonesses, they suffered a defeat but took them down to 6,200 with them. They killed with only one arm, showing a true testament of their courage and tenacity. They own most cities and are most common.
Demons: Black beasts often used as enemies and pawns, however a few nice ones do exist.

If you like this, I can make MANY more races for you. (once I get around to it in about a week)
those seem pretty good. Now... if you guys wouldn't mind, just add stuff on a word, or notepad document, and save it. Make sure things are organized and such, and when you want to, just send me the whole file, and I'll figure out stuff, and if you guys want to work together, send the files to any others that are volunteering.
Digimon P&P RPG forum.

my windows 98 computer which I have all my peoms stories and otherstuff cant use any of the emailing sites that I know of... So I'll just have to post the stuff here... Sorry.

Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
Gabumon Loverz
Creative Minds
ahh.... what about via IM? you can send files through IMs
Digimon P&P RPG forum.