Join our server on Discord

Furry-based D&D?
...no. We shouldn't. Could you imagine Altima with a beard? (Check out Altima's bio for a link to see his fursona.)

...and there aint no way in Hell I'm growing a beard.

*ahem* anyways, here's my idea of the day. Well, one of them. I'll deal with the History later, when I collaborate with some of the others so I have a platform to work on.

Items: Armor

Grades: Crude, Damaged, Normal, Good, High Quality

Strengths: Light, Medium, Heavy, Unique

Light: (for example only, I don't have anything set in stone yet.)

Leather/Cloth armor
Boots
Gloves
Buckler/small shield

Medium:

Dragonhide Boots
Chainmail Gloves
Medium Shield(s)
Chain Mail

Heavy:

Plate Armor
Greaves(Heavy Plate Armor Boots)
Gauntlets
Tower Shields

Unique: unique items will be found only during your adventures. They can be from any class, but imbued with stat-enhancing, or elemental abilities. They may be dropped by a powerful monstor, or given to you for completing a certain adventure.

Hero Sets: occasionally, you may run across a piece of armor that belonged to a great warrior of the past. It will have a certain amount of special enhancing abilities, such as stat enhancers, or combat enchantments to begin with. Upon collecting the other items in the set, you will unlock even better stat-enhancers or combat enchantments. Or both, I haven't decided yet.
...no. We shouldn't. Could you imagine Altima with a beard? (Check out Altima's bio for a link to see his fursona.)

...and there aint no way in Hell I'm growing a beard.

*ahem* anyways, here's my idea of the day. Well, one of them. I'll deal with the History later, when I collaborate with some of the others so I have a platform to work on.

Items: Armor

Grades: Crude, Damaged, Normal, Good, High Quality

Strengths: Light, Medium, Heavy, Unique

Light: (for example only, I don't have anything set in stone yet.)

Leather/Cloth armor
Boots
Gloves
Buckler/small shield

Medium:

Dragonhide Boots
Chainmail Gloves
Medium Shield(s)
Chain Mail

Heavy:

Plate Armor
Greaves(Heavy Plate Armor Boots)
Gauntlets
Tower Shields

Unique: unique items will be found only during your adventures. They can be from any class, but imbued with stat-enhancing, or elemental abilities. They may be dropped by a powerful monstor, or given to you for completing a certain adventure.

Hero Sets: occasionally, you may run across a piece of armor that belonged to a great warrior of the past. It will have a certain amount of special enhancing abilities, such as stat enhancers, or combat enchantments to begin with. Upon collecting the other items in the set, you will unlock even better stat-enhancers or combat enchantments. Or both, I haven't decided yet.
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Sorry about this. Just want to throw in my two cents. I think it's a good idea, but-

I'm just gonna throw this in.

Quote:Unless you have constructive criticism, please don't bother us. I know you said you won't post again in this topic, but if someone else posts a topic on a porject like this, try to not sound like an ass next time.

From what I saw, he did actually give some constructive criticism. He wasn't being an ass- well, maybe he 'sounded' like it, but he was making very good points. All I'll say on that is, maybe look at his points and try covering them with a good argument.

Quote:may prove beneficial to the site in the longrun

Not to try and piss on the bandwagon, but how will this be beneficial to this site? It's not like there's going to be hundreds of people joining the RP and improving site activity. Nothing's guaranteed at all that it'll do any good.

But, you choose what you do xP
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
And besides, the most successful game in the whole site is Zanea's Tales 2 anyway ;3 */Ego mode*

On topic though, I've always been curious to the D&D series ever since that Dexter's Lab episode. Never really got to play it, and the second time I saw it was in Jay Naylor's series. It seems fun, but I don't know if I'd like to play a forum version of it. Would try it if I had a real-life kit next to me though! UNLESS- they told me to go play Frozen Throne instead. RST Multiplayers ftw <3

Good idea Altima, keep working on it, you just need the basis of every project: Unbreakable will. Keep that in a healthy dose and the sky's the limit.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Well, kurtz, after reading your post, and going back to MBT's... yeah, you're right... I guess it just sounded a lot worse than he really was.

And DMX, here's a link to some D&D books http://shadowsystems.laurencemartin.org/DND_35Ed/ fee free to check them out. And there's also a site we COULD use to host D&D matches over the internet. has a map tool, a stat sheet tool, and several other tools to make it as close to a tabletop session as possible.
http://ethala.proboards80.com/index.cgi
Digimon P&P RPG forum.

new summoner rp called Sei'La Tlly located in mixed rp. feel free to join.

[Image: Furries-1.jpg]
Umm the keyword in that sentence was MAY. I don't know how to make the letters bold on my phone. If we take this seriously, and work to make it a good game, more people will play it. Those people MAY pass the word on to others who aren't on this forum, and give them cause to join.

This, however, is only a best case scenario. Worst case scenario, we put time and effort into it, and everyone grows bored with it, and it fades into death.
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
well, at least you can say you accomplished making a game in yur life, right?
http://ethala.proboards80.com/index.cgi
Digimon P&P RPG forum.

new summoner rp called Sei'La Tlly located in mixed rp. feel free to join.

[Image: Furries-1.jpg]
I know that I wont get bored with it so I'll put an end to the worst case senario(forgive the spelling)
[Image: seifer.jpg]

FCF2adw A+ C- D- H M- P- R+ T++++ W->+ Z Sm++ RL- a- c++++w d--->++ e-->+ f-- h*>+++ i++>+++ j+>+++ p+ sms>+
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
Gabumon Loverz
Creative Minds
(12-08-2008 09:08 AM)Altima Wrote: Well, kurtz, after reading your post, and going back to MBT's... yeah, you're right... I guess it just sounded a lot worse than he really was.

Well then, if you think so can you now please answer my questions and I may actually bring my knowledge/insanity into the mix as well? I'll even give some of my original races too, if you wish.

More on why Braveheart race is very badly thought; there's strength in numbers. This is why minor races, such as imps are able to survive because they attack using an entire army and hoards of them, as opossed to just one on one fights. You're suggesting a race so ungodly powerful, they can kill dragons by thousands with SINGLE hand (And I can't emphasize how stupid that sounds like) and that they're the MOST COMMON RACE. Even more common than humans?? So uh, doesn't that seriously sound silly to you? I mean, seriously? As long as we're being honest and you seem to love being blunt, if you really think like that; maybe you shouldn't be designing the races.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
(12-09-2008 10:26 PM)MISTER BIG T Wrote: Well then, if you think so can you now please answer my questions and I may actually bring my knowledge/insanity into the mix as well?

Your knowledge and insanity would help us make a better game.
[Image: seifer.jpg]

FCF2adw A+ C- D- H M- P- R+ T++++ W->+ Z Sm++ RL- a- c++++w d--->++ e-->+ f-- h*>+++ i++>+++ j+>+++ p+ sms>+
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
Gabumon Loverz
Creative Minds
Quote:Bravehearts (lions): Recieved the nick name after a small army of just 200 men went up against 7,000 dragonesses, they suffered a defeat but took down 6,200 with them. They killed with only one arm, showing a true testament of their courage and tenacity. They own most cities and are most common.

Hmm, according to this description, a Braveheart can take on roughly 31 enemies before suffering a death due to excessive blood loss and beatings from all the enemies they've faced in a row. Which is essentially a class that focus on endurance and power yet relies on poor defense and agility. A double-edged class of my preference. However...

Quote:Dragonesses: Prideful race, best with giant weapons, can swing a great-axe as fast a stick.

First, Dragonesses is prural to Dragoness, which means Female Dragon. I'm just saying this to clarify, because I'm not sure if you're indicating that the entire draconic populance is female, buff, and utterly gigantic (*Drool*) to the point they wield as-gigantic-weapons.

Second, your story about Bravehearts vs. Dragonesses is exageratted. Even if Bravehearts are like Berserkers and their adrenaline keeps them up even after several beatings, just how do you explain eight hundred out of seven THOUSAND GIGANTIC AXES winning, and not being able to down 200 lions without so many casualties? The gigantic axes are supposed to take at least two enemies per strike, by logic! Else why make it so big?

The fight you described for bravehearts is just like saying it was an army of seven thousand soldiers using combat knives against an army of two hundred soldiers using rifles. Rifles have a great advantage at a distance and before the 7000 knives come near, they can be downed to a more inoffensive number, but there aren't as many rounds of bullets as soldiers probably, so they'll get owned eventually. Yet this is an example of a balanced fight.

I'd believe 200 vs. 800 or 1000 Dragons, but even then it makes me think: Why give them HUGE POWERFUL WEAPONS that can be swung like STICKS (REALLY FAST) if they get raped by lions as if they were slugs? Mehz.

Conclussion: The races aren't bad, neither are their descriptions (Actually, you could try writing a more extent background on each of them), but they need more work and balance. I mean, why not just choose 10 Bravehearts and go against the final boss at level 1? Or wait, that doesn't sound fair. Send only 5 Bravehearts.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad