Join our server on Discord

Furry-based D&D?
(12-07-2008 07:22 AM)MISTER BIG T Wrote: To be honest, most of this topic has been a bit low on the grade department, especially the races have left very lot to be desired. (No offence to you who posted them but they are extremely undescriptive, unimaginitive, and not to mention cliche. The only race with any sort of depth is Braveheart but it's also officially dumbest race ever since they would have then won the entire fucking war had they used their full power instead of gloating so much. Even you yourself mention they only used only their other hand. That's not brave, that's just plain stupid and insulting to a foe, not to mention extremely insulting to anyone's intelligence to say a mighty dragon armies would be taken down by several lions using only one hand!!) Also how the hell is this any different from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and other Strangeness Pen&Papper rpg so far??!?! There's absolutely nothing that'd make me stop playing it in favor of this.... This is nowhere near as complex or as indepth nor does it offer anything extra so far, as compared to that. (And really, if you didn't know such game exist, you clearly haven't read your lessons about Anthros and "their lack of" in pen&paper rpgs, since there's quite several pen&paper rpg's like that......)

So instead of trying to struggle against Teenage Mutant Nijnja Turtles and other Strangenesss, let's make game based on my game series world instead and the races within. Considering it has many of DAD members in them anyhow and how the games pretty much satire of usual D&D games, their world would suit perfectly for such things. Not to mention, we already would have a huge base to work on upon from the start instead of having to flesh out every single detail/background story and so on...

My idea's basically, you'd give name, choose race between any of the choices (or opt to make one new one), and then assign different sort of stats, some of which would come from based on your stat. (Humans, for example, would be jack of all trades and would have no special weakness, while not having any special strengths either. Dragons, while having boost to most stats at start are more bulky and suffer from interacting with most humans due to the wars they've had in past and so on and forth) You can then choose penis size (Or if female, breast size. And herms can choose both!) and other minor details. Fighting would be done in turn based as in, each action would take a turn and then another participation would have to post. You can make own race or own moves but they can't be extremely cheap. (As in, destroy the world and everything in it with one move with no stress to you or anything or shit like that. World destroying moves WOULD be okay as long as they'd also take strain on the player and/or aren't really ultimate moves)

This is something I've wondered to do for a very, very long time but have never done because I've not been sure of what popularity it'd reach and fleshing out details for such rp would take quite amount of time. However, if you people are interested, I'd be more than happy to start working on this rp along with Altima and anyone who wishes to contribute.,

EDIT: My best friend who has played tons of Pen&Paper games confirmed that most, if not all he's played do allow you to choose to play as non human races. Heck, you can even plays a Chaos snail, Bruus, Duck men, or Paralyzing bear, or even making own races in one rp. What kind pen&paper rps have you even played?

I'm going to sya this quite honestly, I can do a lot better, it's just I'm not going to spend 4 fucking hours posting like 40 races all with EXTREMELY descriptive patterns. Honestly now, that was off the top of my head.

Altima Wrote:Yeah, MBT, I have heard of furry rpgs. They do exist. I just feel tempted to create an entirely new pen&paper game based on anthros since there asren't that many. IronClaw doesn't have many races, Jadeclaw is an asianiostic version. I've done my research.

And I'm not neccessarily trying to make something better than what's out there. Because those other rps have like 20 guys working on it, and constantly changing it. I just wanted to see if anyone on the DaD wanted to join in and have fun on this project, just to see how far we can get. We are not neccesarily trying to get this game out in stores, but if it does end up there, all the better.

Just lay off the heavy criticism. I only just came up with the idea like 3 days ago.. and I've only gotten the five basic stats down, and how they work in-game. Right now, we're just throwing ideas together, and trying to recruit people to help. counting Kundral, ray, my friend Clay, and I... thats 4 people trying to work together on this project, which is still basically being thought up. And if there are others who are silently working on this, then I forgive for not mentioning your names, but yeah. Small crew, not much work being done atm.

EDIT: I figured that if I posted this little idea on the DaD, maybe we can work on it as a web community, that way we can all have something fun to work on.

Don't forget me, I will gladly do a little work on this, just assign me to something and I'll come up with a few things.
What we have so far...

A unique time system made by me
The unfinished biography of a famous fantasy person
very basic game mechanics
And finaly a few example races.
[Image: seifer.jpg]

FCF2adw A+ C- D- H M- P- R+ T++++ W->+ Z Sm++ RL- a- c++++w d--->++ e-->+ f-- h*>+++ i++>+++ j+>+++ p+ sms>+
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
Gabumon Loverz
Creative Minds
(12-07-2008 08:58 AM)Altima Wrote: Yeah, MBT, I have heard of furry rpgs. They do exist. I just feel tempted to create an entirely new pen&paper game based on anthros since there asren't that many. IronClaw doesn't have many races, Jadeclaw is an asianiostic version. I've done my research.

OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE NOT!!!

Runecraft, Paladin, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and so forth all allow more than adequeate Furry surroundings. Duckmen, beastmen, etc are all selectable classes in EVERY FUCKING RP I'VE EVER PLAYED. I've never played a pen&paper in my life that'd limit you to play as a human and neither has my friend who's played three times as many. What the hell are you going to do that's not already in them, I can only again ask? You're saying you have less time and people working on, even more the reason to ask same question again. Why? What would this offer that not other pen&paper games would?

Quote:And I'm not neccessarily trying to make something better than what's out there. Because those other rps have like 20 guys working on it, and constantly changing it.

These people, also work on these rpgs for over a year or two before even releasing them.

I love it also how you try to give an excuse of this idea being just few days old , as if it'd make it any more fresh or if it'd make it work. So if it's that early, it's now better than later for me to say to not even try. This will be passable at best unless you'll totally rip off Turtles&Strangeness and even then at best this is nothing but lame copy.

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/19812...ab=summary

Oh look, many pen&paper games that are great that let you play as anthros and do anything you want in two minutes with google, lulz.

Again, why insist making something new? Why can't we either start playing like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles all together?
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
Ok, MBT, are you with us? or not? because seriously, We aren't marketing this rp, we're just making a friendly game made -FOR- the DaD -BY- the DaD. and as I said before, we are not trying to make an even better game than those. So if you wanna keep ranting or something, go and post it in the boiler room, because none of us here want to hear it.

And Sorry Raze, musta missed you, you and Kundral have almost similar siggies, when you scroll up fairly quickly.
http://ethala.proboards80.com/index.cgi
Digimon P&P RPG forum.

new summoner rp called Sei'La Tlly located in mixed rp. feel free to join.

[Image: Furries-1.jpg]
(12-07-2008 02:39 PM)Altima Wrote: Ok, MBT, are you with us? or not? because seriously, We aren't marketing this rp, we're just making a friendly game made -FOR- the DaD -BY- the DaD. and as I said before, we are not trying to make an even better game than those. So if you wanna keep ranting or something, go and post it in the boiler room, because none of us here want to hear it.

I'm not ranting, I'm giving constructive feedback. In no way or form is this a rant, unless you want to rant about how horrible person I am, then you can do it in let's take it to outside. Obviously you're not marketing this rp but that's no excuse for things I've mentioned, again. (AS if the lack of it being not made for professional purposes would excuse the medicore output and result) Many indie games are great and some even better than comercial one. Not being marketed or not is not really an issue unless you for some reason need money and this rp, doesn't need any. However you just simply choose to ignore this, place hands in ears, and go lalalala as I try my hard to explain the facts and you try hard to avoid me breaking your bubble. I'm evil, because I point out that you're wrong and there's numerous rp's involving anthros, some in here forums too, despite you still claiming in first post there's none. I'm evil probably too because I'm saying things that are right and true, not what are nice. And honestly I still don't see how MY ideas are somehow -NOT- by Dad -FOR- Dad and you have strange fixation to make something from the very fist elements that somehow are -NOT- already released, when most of the ideas so far -ARE- released and old ideas.

So really, this is the last time I'll ever try and help people, out of the kindness of my heart. From now on I'll just post about Carebears or something stupid like that to all rp posts that aren't even in right section. So in short, no, I'm NOT with you. And never will be. This is my last post in this topic, I'm through trying to get anything through as no matter how much I try, you people seem to stubborn and too lost in some Wizard of Oz land where you follow the vomit inducing yellow brick road.

Longcat sure is long.

Well, if you're gonna call us thickheaded, then mine must be nothing but bone.

Count me in. I may not be able to do as much as the others, but, I can still help out.
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
(12-07-2008 02:52 PM)MISTER BIG T Wrote:
(12-07-2008 02:39 PM)Altima Wrote: Ok, MBT, are you with us? or not? because seriously, We aren't marketing this rp, we're just making a friendly game made -FOR- the DaD -BY- the DaD. and as I said before, we are not trying to make an even better game than those. So if you wanna keep ranting or something, go and post it in the boiler room, because none of us here want to hear it.

I'm not ranting, I'm giving constructive feedback. In no way or form is this a rant, unless you want to rant about how horrible person I am, then you can do it in let's take it to outside. Obviously you're not marketing this rp but that's no excuse for things I've mentioned, again. (AS if the lack of it being not made for professional purposes would excuse the medicore output and result) Many indie games are great and some even better than comercial one. Not being marketed or not is not really an issue unless you for some reason need money and this rp, doesn't need any. However you just simply choose to ignore this, place hands in ears, and go lalalala as I try my hard to explain the facts and you try hard to avoid me breaking your bubble. I'm evil, because I point out that you're wrong and there's numerous rp's involving anthros, some in here forums too, despite you still claiming in first post there's none. I'm evil probably too because I'm saying things that are right and true, not what are nice. And honestly I still don't see how MY ideas are somehow -NOT- by Dad -FOR- Dad and you have strange fixation to make something from the very fist elements that somehow are -NOT- already released, when most of the ideas so far -ARE- released and old ideas.

So really, this is the last time I'll ever try and help people, out of the kindness of my heart. From now on I'll just post about Carebears or something stupid like that to all rp posts that aren't even in right section. So in short, no, I'm NOT with you. And never will be. This is my last post in this topic, I'm through trying to get anything through as no matter how much I try, you people seem to stubborn and too lost in some Wizard of Oz land where you follow the vomit inducing yellow brick road.

Longcat sure is long.

I'll be blunt despite criticism I get for being so, you're being a total ass.
This is for fun really, if you want to make a little pen&paper game forum from somewhere else, go ahead. But you need to really hush now, admin or not we're just trying to have a little fun and hopefully make a decent game in the process.
Don't anger the T Raze or he will bann you... *looks nervously around*
[Image: seifer.jpg]

FCF2adw A+ C- D- H M- P- R+ T++++ W->+ Z Sm++ RL- a- c++++w d--->++ e-->+ f-- h*>+++ i++>+++ j+>+++ p+ sms>+
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
Gabumon Loverz
Creative Minds
lol, Raze basically said what I was tyring to say in a tactful way. and I'll try to say this as nicely as possible. Unless you have constructive criticism, please don't bother us. I know you said you won't post again in this topic, but if someone else posts a topic on a porject like this, try to not sound like an ass next time.
http://ethala.proboards80.com/index.cgi
Digimon P&P RPG forum.

new summoner rp called Sei'La Tlly located in mixed rp. feel free to join.

[Image: Furries-1.jpg]
(12-07-2008 04:44 PM)Altima Wrote: lol, Raze basically said what I was tyring to say in a tactful way. and I'll try to say this as nicely as possible. Unless you have constructive criticism, please don't bother us. I know you said you won't post again in this topic, but if someone else posts a topic on a porject like this, try to not sound like an ass next time.

I wasn't going to post but this made me to do so. All my posts were constructive criticsm, you just chose to not listen to any.:no:

(12-07-2008 03:58 PM)Kundral Wrote: Don't anger the T Raze or he will bann you... *looks nervously around*

What are you talking about? eye twitching

To be honest, this topic reminds me very much of this for some reason... http://digiartistsdomain.org/Givemebeer/Epic.swf