Join our server on Discord

Poll: Cold or Hot?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Cold-blooded
50.00%
5 50.00%
Hot-blooded
50.00%
5 50.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

My blood is boiling, but my brain isn't IBM.
(12-01-2008 01:46 PM)Kundral Wrote: I think when DMX posted the poll should have been closed. He is, after all, the resident dragon-type thing.

And so am I! :P Yes, Dragons are cold-blooded I say, no matter whether they be Anthro or Non-anthro(also called 'Feral')
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Quote:Well theres many reasons why they breathe fire...i personally think they eject all waste gasses orally, and flammable gasses are ejected in this group. These ignite due to the extreme temperatures built up in the dragon's throat.

There are many reasons, yet you missed the obvious one. The flammable gasses are located within their lungs, explains why they can eject both smoke and flames from their mouths and nostrils. Lungs are not directly connected to the blood-circulatory system; lungs manage Oxygen and Carbon Monoxide exchanges, not blood circulation, thus having warm or cold blood would never really mean a being could breathe fire or not. Dragons are supposed to have lungs filled with ignite rocks. (LOL KIDDING, but the the gasses still are in the lungs.)
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Technically the blood is connected to the lungs, as it carries away oxygen taken in by diffusion gradients across the capillary walls. And it's often more Carbon-DI-oxide not monoxide in bodies.

Plus even with the flammable gasses, you would need some degree of heat to ignite them and the only real method i can think of doing that is through the bloodstream. It would be pretty silly to try and invent ways in which a dragon has cold bloodstream as well some form of heating system in it's lungs, just to keep to the characteristics of other lizards because after all, science is open to changes.

[And a side note on behalf of Ghostiemon, we are discussing ANTHRO dragons, not Quasimodo dragons or kung fu ninja dragons or any other type, just anthro.]
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Quote:Technically the blood is connected to the lungs, as it carries away oxygen taken in by diffusion gradients across the capillary walls. And it's often more Carbon-DI-oxide not monoxide in bodies.

Oops, my bad with my choice of words. And I was actually trying to explain why it is completely unnecessary for the blood kind and the fire breath to be aligned. I messed up with my mental biology records though lol.

Quote:Plus even with the flammable gasses, you would need some degree of heat to ignite them and the only real method i can think of doing that is through the bloodstream. It would be pretty silly to try and invent ways in which a dragon has cold bloodstream as well some form of heating system in it's lungs, just to keep to the characteristics of other lizards because after all, science is open to changes.

[And a side note on behalf of Ghostiemon, we are discussing ANTHRO dragons, not Quasimodo dragons...]

There is a plain co-relation between anthro and 'quasi's. It's the very same we have between Monkeys and Men. Man is "Anthro" by definition; and at the same time we are establishing that Men are nothing else but anthro monkeys in our 'terms of language'.

The same applies to dragons, or any other furry/scalie for the record. An Anthro Dragon is nothing else but a Dragon undergone by a similar (yet anatomically diverse) evolutionary process as simians have. Thus, if 'quasi's were cold blooded, it is fully possible that their blood could have changed (from cold to warm, if you so wish it) along within their evolution into anthropomorphs. However, by the same hypothesis, it is fully acceptable to think the blood could have stayed 'cold' as well.

In short, depending on your version of anthro, the blood kind may vary.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Actually, that would suffocate them. The flammable gases are locaitoned in a patch below their throat that is ejected on demand, that way it doesn't breath fire or kill itself un the first minute of life,
Generally all the reptilians are cold blooded even the amphibians are cold blooded.
I'm more active in FA and DA now. Click here to look at my gallery!
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Creative Minds
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Quote:Actually, that would suffocate them. The flammable gases are locaitoned in a patch below their throat that is ejected on demand, that way it doesn't breath fire or kill itself un the first minute of life,

Said patch could be also located within the lungs, or at least A Dragon's Heart showed that :3
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Actually, I'm talking about how they would make up in reality. Using actual biology, not videogames...
Being cold blooded, they wouldn't be able to survive in low temperatures. Are ice dragons also cold blooded?
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Quote:Using actual biology, not videogames...

I used a movie for reference, actually. There is no officially established physiology or biology for dragons, but I do remember a report from Discovery speaking of many residuals of 'charred' matter found on some 'supposed' dragon fossils in their lungs. As weak as that argument sounds, it gives enough base to consider the legitimacy of believing a dragon's physiology could very well differ from your traditional oviparus reptilian. And like I said, it carries over when they are anthropomorphized, so it all depends on their base physiology- It is, however, a completely subjetivist topic, and with that, I repeat that there is no officially established records of any sort of charted biology for dragons.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad