Join our server on Discord

Damn I talk too much!
Quote:No but seriously, wisemon you're awesome, you have a good paying job, you're brilliant really, and if those avys are indeed you, handsome also.
Thank you, I really needed to hear that right now. I've been getting rejected a lot lately. Yeah, that's me in the avatar.

Quote:The only real downside that women might (emphasis on MIGHT in a probably not caring way) is that you go on digimon forums.
No, when I speak of this site, it is only in vague terms, e.g. where I talk with other people with similar interests. I just pissed off my best female friend yesterday when I tried to help her decide on what she wanted to do after college. I was being too judgmental, or so I was told. I agreed with her and apologized, but haven't heard back yet. I think that's what gets me into the most trouble, when I can't go along and say, "Yeah, I think that's a good idea."
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
(12-07-2008 03:50 PM)UnknownH Wrote:
(12-06-2008 01:50 PM)Wisemon Wrote: Yeah, definitely my kind of girl, but I think Unknown would actually do quite well with a normal girl; no offense, Unknown.
No not at all. Some of the girls I liked where "normal".
Yeah, that's what I always tell him. He'd do just right with any common fat Yankee girl that's just like any other.

(12-08-2008 05:27 AM)Wisemon Wrote:
Quote:No but seriously, wisemon you're awesome, you have a good paying job, you're brilliant really, and if those avys are indeed you, handsome also.
Thank you, I really needed to hear that right now. I've been getting rejected a lot lately. Yeah, that's me in the avatar.

Quote:The only real downside that women might (emphasis on MIGHT in a probably not caring way) is that you go on digimon forums.
No, when I speak of this site, it is only in vague terms, e.g. where I talk with other people with similar interests. I just pissed off my best female friend yesterday when I tried to help her decide on what she wanted to do after college. I was being too judgmental, or so I was told. I agreed with her and apologized, but haven't heard back yet. I think that's what gets me into the most trouble, when I can't go along and say, "Yeah, I think that's a good idea."
Whaaaaaat?! I thought I was your best friend!!! *runs away crying*

Seriously now, your friend wanted empathy, not a counselor. Something like "I'm sure you'll do well whatever you choose". Nobody can say what other should do with their life. Just look at me; I did what my mother told me it was best, and all I got from that was misery and suffering. Sometimes you just need to let people trust their instincts.
[Image: glitterfy103310282D32.gif]
(12-08-2008 06:13 AM)Zephyr of Darkness Wrote: Yeah, that's what I always tell him. He'd do just right with any common fat Yankee girl that's just like any other.
Now that, I can be offended by.

And Wise is just like that. He's serious and blunt. Doesn't pull punches. That's a good thing but it also may keep him from girls. I've said that before.
Zeph I thought you were long gone from the site, good to see otherwise!

Wise probably did something good for the girl no matter how pissed off she got. I mean you can say "it will all be okay" forever, but that doesn't mean its gonna result in serious thought on the changes that need to be made. Hell my girlfriend is out of school at the moment, needs to go back, and I bring up the subject occasionally with ideas for her, and it usually results in her saying "let's not talk about it right now". But I'm not going to stop saying anything for long because it's a change she knows she needs to make, she can make the choice on her own, but if I can wedge an idea in there cool.

Wise, you probably just need to pick your battles a bit better but by no means should you lie down and submit everytime.

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Quote:Sorry Zeph, I meant only among people I've met in person. Among people I've never met in person, you're my favorite female friend. Also, among people who are not U.S. citizens, you're my favorite person.

[quote]Sometimes you just need to let people trust their instincts.
But what if my instincts are to not let other people trust theirs?

Quote:He's serious and blunt. Doesn't pull punches. That's a good thing but it also may keep him from girls. I've said that before.
Quite true, but I'm trying to become more tactful whereby even if I can't pull punches, maybe I can soften the blows.

Quote:Hell my girlfriend is out of school at the moment, needs to go back, and I bring up the subject occasionally with ideas for her, and it usually results in her saying "let's not talk about it right now". But I'm not going to stop saying anything for long because it's a change she knows she needs to make, she can make the choice on her own, but if I can wedge an idea in there cool.
Getting back on topic, this could become one where you really regret talking too much, but if she's as smart as you say, it shouldn't result in her suddenly exploding one day and telling you to get the hell out of her life.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
That is true. It could be a problem later.
Quote:Getting back on topic, this could become one where you really regret talking too much, but if she's as smart as you say, it shouldn't result in her suddenly exploding one day and telling you to get the hell out of her life.

Naw, she's not "that" type. Ususally our conversations make slow progress and she just gets tired about thinking of it. I don't think she's actually mad we are talking about it, she just doesn't want to really consider how much work and money it's gonna take to get it done.

I'm fortunate she isn't overly emotional (most of the time anyway, she has been lately, but it's her personal thing so its expected and understandable)

I think Wisemon should stay the way he is, not everyone can be "The Cold Voice of Logic", but someone needs to. You'll find a girl one day Wise.
On topic, maybe pushing her in the right direction will be better? Like doing something PHYSICAL for her instead of just talking about it, maybe making a call or two? She'll hate you for doing something for her as most girls would, unless she's timid, but in the long run she'll love ya for it! :D
(12-10-2008 09:47 AM)Raze the Judgement Wrote: I think Wisemon should stay the way he is, not everyone can be "The Cold Voice of Logic", but someone needs to. You'll find a girl one day Wise.
On topic, maybe pushing her in the right direction will be better? Like doing something PHYSICAL for her instead of just talking about it, maybe making a call or two? She'll hate you for doing something for her as most girls would, unless she's timid, but in the long run she'll love ya for it! :D

I research and print information for her on classes I think she will enjoy, and I took her to my school and showed her around, as it's one place she may go. I even offered to move to another city with her when I'm done with school so she can take a program not offered locally (she doesn't want to move on her own at the moment).

(12-10-2008 09:47 AM)Raze the Judgement Wrote: I think Wisemon should stay the way he is, not everyone can be "The Cold Voice of Logic", but someone needs to. You'll find a girl one day Wise.
Hey, I thought so too. But if you think so maybe you can be her. HA HA HA.
Just joking.