Join our server on Discord

Failed attempts at living simple lives are what keep me coming back to you
Quote:I got to give it to you even though I know you could do better vocally it was a very interesting piece. A few parts I was surprised, the beginning was actual well done and the second to last chorus on what seems to be the fade out, you dropped your voice, it fit and cleaned it up slightly.
Thanks, I know it doesn't really play to my strengths vocally, but I figured it's good to be able to show that I can pick on myself and not have to rail against everything else all the time. Part of why it sounds sloppy is because the bridge and last chorus are so much louder than the rest, and I had to adjust the volume piece-wise, but mostly, it's because I'm impatient and tone-deaf.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
(12-05-2008 10:36 AM)Wisemon Wrote:
Quote:I got to give it to you even though I know you could do better vocally it was a very interesting piece. A few parts I was surprised, the beginning was actual well done and the second to last chorus on what seems to be the fade out, you dropped your voice, it fit and cleaned it up slightly.
Thanks, I know it doesn't really play to my strengths vocally, but I figured it's good to be able to show that I can pick on myself and not have to rail against everything else all the time. Part of why it sounds sloppy is because the bridge and last chorus are so much louder than the rest, and I had to adjust the volume piece-wise, but mostly, it's because I'm impatient and tone-deaf.

That made me laugh but you could do lots better, the impatient singing is your hindrance. I would try to find some easy melody in your head and go to some piano or something and try to sing along with what you hear. It may help. If you don't want to do that, then my suggestion is to get like Fruity Loops and write a simple melody that you could loop with a simple drum beat and sing to it.

Your strengths are what you write so if you combine that in a positive light with trial and error with your voice you may be able to work through it and create a better song.
~Gabu

Live life and let live.

2 years on the DaD
Gabumon Loverz Group Trooper
DMAW moderarator
Art Section Mod
Muse of many talents
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Hey, congratulations and thanks for the mention. We really kind of joined together effortlessly because we have so much in common (which I cannot say for almost every person I know) so we can understand each other easily. Actually, I did say I was going to be out for a few weeks. Just like you, I attempt to have a normal life of sorts, and when you look at what has become of this site, you can realize we're growing in different directions and it doesn't represent me anymore. Actually, I pretty much came back because Unknown told me something very funny was going on. I really haven't been much online, not even at my own board. That doesn't mean I actually have a life now, but I try.
And Unknown, mind if you ask before posting what I talk to you privately?!! Thanks.
Oh, and by the way, here is a gift: dotted bedclothes.
[Image: PR_guest_room.jpg]
You ask how many I bought? Try and guess.
[Image: glitterfy103310282D32.gif]
Quote:Actually, I did say I was going to be out for a few weeks. Just like you, I attempt to have a normal life of sorts, and when you look at what has become of this site, you can realize we're growing in different directions and it doesn't represent me anymore.
Trying to have a normal life is tougher than you'd think, isn't it? I don't think this site ever represented you, me, or any other member fully, but it is the sum of its parts, its members.

Thanks for the dotted bedclothes, but they really don't go with the drapes in that picture. You can't have stripes and dots.
I know that you saw me.
Errr..... I don't do that often though. And Yeah. I think Wise is right about that. Both the board and the room.
The next one I dedicate to everyone here, since it's what we do, for the most part. I think you'll enjoy it.

Clean the Gutters (Vocal Edit) - Benjamin Wiseman
I know that you saw me.
One of your better songs thus far, they lyrics remind me of a Bloodhound Gang song with your flow and I could feel a slow riding syncopation on the rhythm giving you like a small short beats and going wild during your chorus. The melody I couldn't really tell where it would go if it was straight through but rather the "stop and go" feel to the whole melody. Maybe using a soundboard that Weird Al used in some of his songs to fill void or something. But this is probably your best vocally. Little hint before singing try and mix a cup of water with 3 tablespoons of honey, a tablespoon of lemon juice and gargle for the first swig. Considering this is a little vocal trick I used to clear the throat for better attempts to reach higher notes. I would have strayed away from doing so considering that made me cringe. With a serious job on the inside doing your production I would love to hear this one done in this twist.

First voice: Do it like an Hip Hop monotone artist that is continually going through the lyrics as if it were spoken word.
Second voice: Same as the other except a wholestep up.
Third voice: Your singing voice, going over the first step
Forth voice: Your doppleganger of the third but adding variable twists.
Fifth voice: Just fillers.

Anyway hope you take the idea into consideration. x.x;
~Gabu

Live life and let live.

2 years on the DaD
DMAW moderarator
Art Section Mod
Muse of many talents
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Quote:using a soundboard that Weird Al used in some of his songs to fill void or something.
I like this idea. The little pauses need some effects right there.

Quote:Little hint before singing try and mix a cup of water with 3 tablespoons of honey, a tablespoon of lemon juice and gargle for the first swig.
I actually do drink green tea with honey, and I drink water between takes. I'll consider the lemon juice.

Quote:First voice: Do it like an Hip Hop monotone artist that is continually going through the lyrics as if it were spoken word.
Second voice: Same as the other except a wholestep up.
Third voice: Your singing voice, going over the first step
Forth voice: Your doppleganger of the third but adding variable twists.
Fifth voice: Just fillers.
Do you mean like overlapping the different voices all together, or just trying different voices? I think it would sound a bit too busy if I overlapped five voices at once.
I know that you saw me.
Quote:I like this idea. The little pauses need some effects right there.

Glad you like that, cause I think it will add the little pieces of the puzzle that will make your songs/pieces sound so much more woven with life.

Quote:I actually do drink green tea with honey, and I drink water between takes. I'll consider the lemon juice.

Ah just wanted to keep you hydrated for those higher notes and all so your voice won't crack as much.

Quote:Do you mean like overlapping the different voices all together, or just trying different voices? I think it would sound a bit too busy if I overlapped five voices at once.

I meant that only 3 voices would be used at a time, with layering you could grasp different volumes on certain parts.

The first voice and third voice would be the most used, with the second voice to add some echoing to parts while the forth would be a computer generated you. I.E a very weird echo scratch, with a tremolo or just you sounding like a chipmunk at times. The last voice would be the sound board effect voice.

Trying to say that by utilizing more then one voice you could create magic that could make this sound incredible. Even if you don't have a melodic music or a percussion heart-core sound.
~Gabu

Live life and let live.

2 years on the DaD
DMAW moderarator
Art Section Mod
Muse of many talents
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Well, Wise, you're right for the first part. But now it's representing me less than ever. And come on, I was Unknown's girlfriend. Matching is not my strongest ability.
And a friend's comment: That singing sounds... how can I put it nicely.... Well, you're much better at writing. *to self* But if I was stupid enough to own a cell phone, I would download it as a ringtone and make it ring all the way at work. *smirks*
[Image: glitterfy103310282D32.gif]