Join our server on Discord

Failed attempts at living simple lives are what keep me coming back to you
Perhaps you’re wondering why I’ve been posting less frequently lately. Well, I’ve been busy, and I’ve been trying (and failing) to have a personal life. Most of all, I’ve been staggering my post count so as to coincide my 5000th post with my five-year anniversary. I pride myself on my efficiency, and this is no exception. So, now for the big shout outs (one of the many trends I think I accidentally started). This could go on for pages, so I’m only picking the first ten who come to mind.

Unknown: Sure, you’re obsequious, but I know it’s only because you’re a peacemaker, an all-around friendly guy with a sense of humor that is sometimes quite cunning. And I know you think you’re like me, and I think you’ve become more like me in the years we’ve emailed each other. Truthfully, I think you’re a much nicer and easygoing person than I am, but I can’t say that for sure because as we all know: you’re Unknown.

Zeph: If you’re reading this, I appreciate that you made an effort to befriend me. In terms of our ability to rub people the wrong way and our unabashed pride and passion, you and I probably have more in common than Unknown, which is why he is such a good friend for both of us.

Lonelygabu: You give out the best compliments of anyone here, and as I’ve said repeatedly, with your intelligence and cordiality, it is ridiculous that you can’t get a job in retail or another service industry, even in this economy.

Reclaimer: Hearing your adventures in restaurant management and dating make this board seem more realistic, and you, Unknown, and I do a great job representing the faction of social victims here who are relatively normal.

Senjuro: You’re quite possibly the only one on this board more intelligent than I am, and obviously, you’re talented. It’s a shame you’re wasting that talent by going to a school where you’re taught to hone it and use it for a profession. When you get to the bottom of this post, I would appreciate your professional criticism, despite my certainty you’ll tear me a new one.

Cboy: It doesn’t matter how many times you change your name; your posts give you away. I sometimes find myself agreeing with you, but even when I don’t, I like how you usually make a good effort to defend your arguments.

Ray: Thanks for the fan club suggestion, and for stroking my ego in general. I’m never sure if you’re being serious, but either way, your posts are hilarious and perturbing.

DragonMasterX: As I said in your 20,000th post, you got them fairly honestly, and you’ve been here long enough to have earned it. Of the foreign teenagers on here, you’re definitely one of the more thoughtful.

Nate Hunter: I had a good time with your contests and reading your detailed analyses of Digimon, Marvel, etc., not to mention your lemons. You seem to pop up whenever there’s a post on Digimon sexuality, so I’ll assume there’s a chance you might read this, unlike…

urban dream: I figured I’d throw in one old-school, long-gone name to prove I really have been here five years. You do the Swiss proud.

Crim: You’re not one of the first ten, probably not even one of the first twenty, but I’m giving you special mention because you read some of my stories and sent me comments on them.

Now, some of you may recall when I posted a song on here. Since then, I’ve recorded about fifteen tracks with just vocals. I plan on mixing in piano with them eventually (since I failed to learn the guitar this year), but for now, I’d like to share what I believe are two of my greatest talents: writing and voice-actor-inspired projecting (I stop short of calling it singing, Senjuro).

The first one is one I posted before with music mixed in, but I think it sounds better (certainly clearer) this time. Let me know what you think. I’ll be linking a new one every week in this thread, just in case you thought I might be leaving after 5,000 posts.
A Boys Last Stand (Vocal Edit) - Benjamin Wiseman
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Holy effing- Thanks for the mention Wise! God, it's been 3 years already! 3 years since we've known each other. Argh, what to say that won't come out stupid, err... I'm just glad that you're still here, the title to this thread makes it sound like it'd be very egoistical to make you stay but hell, if you weren't here DaD wouldn't be what it is, you're one of the many people that compose this symphony of variated tunes, and that's as much as I can say as an attempt to rival Lonely, lol, I'll shut up now.

Maybe not your style, but here's a blueberry pie; I killed a clown to get it, so I feel accomplished today. Happy 5,000! Now get me 5,000 more!
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
(11-19-2008 12:34 PM)Wisemon Wrote: Lonelygabu: You give out the best compliments of anyone here, and as I’ve said repeatedly, with your intelligence and cordiality, it is ridiculous that you can’t get a job in retail or another service industry, even in this economy.

Dang I am surprised once again by your kind words. I give compliments where they are do and where its deserved, I have known you several years, and its rather unfortunate I don't talk to you but I know you as a person of no personal gripes towards anyone here, you could take us all on in debate but you are a person that would except defeat if provided the information. I have seen you grow into a more witty individual and its just a great feeling to see a friend, that has such a drive to pursue their dreams and not care what others think, is clearly something that we could all look up to you for, in the figurative sense. :P

You are indeed intelligent and by what you write sometimes I wait for days to have the privilege of seeing what the maverick of sarcasm will post next. I know you are serious but I know you have a laxed side that is something more I enjoy in your banter in the personal quote section which I read every single one, and I have read every review, sometimes giving you a taste of what I think.

I have learned this about you and that is, even though we may be close, I'm thinking you are in NYC somewhere, but nonetheless, you are genuine and true to your word. You write what you feel and can move oceans with that golden tongue. I have enjoyed you so much and can't wait to continue the epic journey with you.

You were always someone I looked up to and probably will still.

Happy 5000 and 5 years, and I am lucky to have been apart of that ride. *Blushes and hugs*

Gabu~
~Gabu

Live life and let live.

2 years on the DaD
Gabumon Loverz Group Trooper
DMAW moderarator
Art Section Mod
Muse of many talents
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
*ecstatic fanboy squeal* Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god!! Five-thousand posts and I got a mention! Of course I'm your number one fan! Always have been, always will be! I'll stroke your ego any time and uh- perturb you anywhere! Okay, my wording's off, but only because I'm typing in another one of your threads, which is the equivalent writing fanmail to a celebrity who lives just next door (in another continent)! Sure my fan club didn't get the reception I expected, but there's always next time!

And your voice is so AWESOME, it brings tears to my eyes when I fap!
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
/cheer!

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad I made such an impact on you to elicit that kind of compliment. Congratulations on your 5k!

As for your track, I like the lyrics. A lot. I wouldn't expect anything less from you there. In terms of your recitation, you really modulate your voice a lot, which is a pleasure to hear. People all-too-often just blab in mind-numbing monotone and it leaves me thinking, "What the hell am I even listening to?" So I was grateful for that!

It had some nice rhythmic clarity and consistency to it that I think some kind of accompaniment would make clear right from the start. I could imagine multiple musical backdrops that would go along with it, though I'm sure what I imagine is totally different from your intention.

Just be careful on "war." It sounds kinda funny to my ear, but I'm a real bitch when it comes to dictional clarity. Sue me.

Anyway, nice job. I'd really like to hear the finished product. :)

Take care, and I'll see you around.
FCWm2afrw A-- C- D H+ M P+ R+ W Z Sm++ RLET$/M$ a c++w e+++ f h+ i++ j+ p+ sm+

Congrats on the 5k, man. Several of your posts made me go, "oh snap. Someone's gonna get owned!"

Have a beer on me, and here's hoping for 5000 more!
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
DragonMasterX Wrote:I'm just glad that you're still here, the title to this thread makes it sound like it'd be very egoistical to make you stay but hell, if you weren't here DaD wouldn't be what it is,
Hey, I’m the egotistical one, in part because of lines like that. Really, I think it’s the more regular posters like you who make up the backbone of the DaD. I just fortify it a bit.

DragonMasterX Wrote:Happy 5,000! Now get me 5,000 more!
No problem, that’ll just take another five years.

blueeyedgabulvo0o Wrote:I have seen you grow into a more witty individual and its just a great feeling to see a friend, that has such a drive to pursue their dreams and not care what others think, is clearly something that we could all look up to you for, in the figurative sense.
Thanks, unfortunately, these days, it’s my dreams that tend to pull me away from here. I admit that I do sometimes fancy myself a role model for honorable decisions and moderate success while appreciating the little things.

blueeyedgabulvo0o Wrote:You are indeed intelligent and by what you write sometimes I wait for days to have the privilege of seeing what the maverick of sarcasm will post next. I know you are serious but I know you have a laxed side that is something more I enjoy in your banter in the personal quote section which I read every single one, and I have read every review, sometimes giving you a taste of what I think.
Thank you, I do appreciate that, even if it is kind of stalkerish and excessive.

blueeyedgabulvo0o Wrote:I have learned this about you and that is, even though we may be close, I'm thinking you are in NYC somewhere, but nonetheless, you are genuine and true to your word. You write what you feel and can move oceans with that golden tongue.
Yeah, being true to my word is an important part of who I am, and I think it should be an important part of everyone’s personality, no matter how trendy or deviant they are. I’m actually from Connecticut, if you must know, but you could probably tell by my Connecticut accent.

Ray the Backlasher Wrote:ecstatic fanboy squeal* Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god!! Five-thousand posts and I got a mention! Of course I'm your number one fan! Always have been, always will be! I'll stroke your ego any time and uh- perturb you anywhere! Okay, my wording's off, but only because I'm typing in another one of your threads, which is the equivalent writing fanmail to a celebrity who lives just next door (in another continent)!
Again, a little stalkerish and excessive, but I’ll take it. Thanks. I’m starting to become a fan of yours as well; you post some funny and edgy stuff.

Ray the Backlasher Wrote:And your voice is so AWESOME, it brings tears to my eyes when I fap!
Uh, thanks, Ray. Well, part of posting anything on the internet is that the viewing or listening public is free to enjoy it in any way they see fit.

Senjuro Wrote:Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad I made such an impact on you to elicit that kind of compliment. Congratulations on your 5k!
Of course you made an impact. I do moderate the Debate Room, after all.

Senjuro Wrote:As for your track, I like the lyrics. A lot. I wouldn't expect anything less from you there. In terms of your recitation, you really modulate your voice a lot, which is a pleasure to hear. People all-too-often just blab in mind-numbing monotone and it leaves me thinking, "What the hell am I even listening to?" So I was grateful for that!

It had some nice rhythmic clarity and consistency to it that I think some kind of accompaniment would make clear right from the start. I could imagine multiple musical backdrops that would go along with it, though I'm sure what I imagine is totally different from your intention.

Just be careful on "war." It sounds kinda funny to my ear, but I'm a real bitch when it comes to dictional clarity. Sue me.
Wow, that’s a lot better than the criticism I thought I’d receive from a pro like yourself. Personally, I thought it sounded good, and I did practice the voice modulation a lot to get it to where I wanted it to sound, but on the other hand, I’ve also been told that I’m tone-deaf, so I had no idea if it would sound right to someone who wasn’t. I know about the “war.” I have trouble with words starting with “w,” which I know is ironic considering my name. It’s such a strain to pronounce it correctly that the following sound must be flattened.

Cowboy From Hell Wrote:Several of your posts made me go, "oh snap. Someone's gonna get owned!"

Have a beer on me, and here's hoping for 5000 more!
I don’t drink, but thanks, I do try to own where I can, but I think I’ve gotten better about being subtle about it, because when you’re not subtle about it, you’re Boss Reo, and nobody wants to be Boss Reo.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Even though my words are pointless i still give you reguards. Happy 5 aniversery. I am not the knowable type but all i can say is still glad to see ya here.
There you go again, man. That was awesome!
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Quote:Hey, I’m the egotistical one, in part because of lines like that. Really, I think it’s the more regular posters like you who make up the backbone of the DaD. I just fortify it a bit.

Well, all bones need to be fortified in some way, strong pillars placed in mud sink and lose balance, so without a base, you wouldn't have a good performance. And besides, apart from hosting one of the most popular forum games as of late I don't do much, college keeps me into the dumpster, both emotionally and uhm... in the creative roster. But that's gonna change soon. Summer means the end of College for this year, and the start of another wonderful work season.... IF the crisis doesn't ruin vacation for the U$Ds, that is.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad