Join our server on Discord

Poll: What gender is Patamon from digimon Adventure?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Male
84.62%
22 84.62%
Female
7.69%
2 7.69%
Non
7.69%
2 7.69%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Patamons gender
Well plants don't normally have genders. XD
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
ok new rule you must give a good and i mean good explanation on what gender patamon is.
[Image: seifer.jpg]

FCF2adw A+ C- D- H M- P- R+ T++++ W->+ Z Sm++ RL- a- c++++w d--->++ e-->+ f-- h*>+++ i++>+++ j+>+++ p+ sms>+
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
Gabumon Loverz
Creative Minds
Why decide the gender? For all we know there could be thousands of hundred of Patamon, and some of them could be of either gender, some may be both, and some may have had the luck of being eaten before they could see light.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
He's no even effeminate! He acts like a little boy, much like his partner, but he is by no frickin' mean effeminate! By that token, you could say Tailmon is male! (one author I know has a project based on that premise)

His speech patterns are that of a male (cf. he uses "boku" for "I", just like his partner), and V-mon obviously considered him a "threat" early on in 02, and let's face it, they would have been nowhere as blatant with it if he'd been female. And despite all the theorization over it, there is in practice no reason to assume that a digimon that evolves can switch gender.
"Mental Note: The guys you think are gay are normally straight, even thought they'll make out with you if they've had enough to drink." JJriddler

"If Jeri says you're cute, you're CUTE. " Renafan
I've always thought Patamon is male.

The doubts about Patamon's gender (Mostly by Americans) are the work of the sarcasm of Saban Entertainment adding him a so shrill and almost effeminate voice, appart from making him look an immature brat.

However he was made to look a gentleman in Germany.

Check these out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zapm6sgnyys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEcU7F5Lr3g&feature=related
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
(11-12-2008 10:21 PM)Ray the Backlasher Wrote: Well plants don't normally have genders. XD
Yes they do depends on some plants though >_>; there are flowers that have 1 female and male. And there are flowers that have both<-*not really odd*.

Mushrooms aren't classified as plants more like parasites. And they're type of breeding is sporing.
I'm more active in FA and DA now. Click here to look at my gallery!
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Creative Minds
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
(11-13-2008 02:40 AM)tigerlily Wrote:
(11-12-2008 10:21 PM)Ray the Backlasher Wrote: Well plants don't normally have genders. XD
Yes they do depends on some plants though >_>; there are flowers that have 1 female and male. And there are flowers that have both<-*not really odd*.

Mushrooms aren't classified as plants more like parasites. And they're type of breeding is sporing.

The debate over plant sexuality ended in, what the 18th century? For what it's worth, there are at least two times as many species of flowering plants (the majority of which are gendered, though this is quite complex) as there are of non-flowering plants.
"Mental Note: The guys you think are gay are normally straight, even thought they'll make out with you if they've had enough to drink." JJriddler

"If Jeri says you're cute, you're CUTE. " Renafan
it doesn't matter how plants breed. Patamon is not a plant.

As for his gender, since they do at times swap genders around in the dubbings, you can't really know who is what gender.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
Wow, you're right. That gives ground to female WarGreymon!
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Wow... my greatest act on these forums is starting a 2-3 page dicusion on 01 Patamon's gender.
[Image: seifer.jpg]

FCF2adw A+ C- D- H M- P- R+ T++++ W->+ Z Sm++ RL- a- c++++w d--->++ e-->+ f-- h*>+++ i++>+++ j+>+++ p+ sms>+
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
Gabumon Loverz
Creative Minds