Join our server on Discord

Poll: Whose Point of View shall I take?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Loki, the Trickster God of Fire
50.00%
4 50.00%
Fenrisulfr, Devourer of the All-Father
25.00%
2 25.00%
Jörmungandr/Midgardsormr, the Midgard Serpent
0%
0 0%
Hela/Hel, Half Dead Goddess of Death and the Underworld
25.00%
2 25.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Point of View
(10-26-2008 09:44 AM)MagusKnight Wrote:
(10-26-2008 07:39 AM)Ray the Backlasher Wrote: Stole from Final Fantasy 7? I don't see Cloud or Sephiroth anywhere! XD

I'm using Mythology as a base for my characters. Fenrir for example, is viewed by most as a monster who will kill Odin, All-Father of the Norse Pantheon. Loki and Fenrir's point of view would show what THEY think though.

I agree quite a bit with the Loki and the second being Fenrir, but I'll wait for others to vote.
And the midgard serpent?

Actually MagusKnight, you may have wanted to look up Midgard first.

Midgard is an old Germanic name for our world, the places inhabited by humans, with the literal meaning "middle enclosure".

This name is attested in many ancient Germanic languages. It occurs in Old Norse literature as Miðgarðr. In Old High German poem Muspilli it appears as Mittilagart. The Gothic form Midjungards is attested in Luke's Gospel as a translation of the word "earth". The word is present in Old English epic and poetry as Middangeard; later transformed to Middellærd or Mittelerde ("Middle-earth") in Middle English literature. "Middle-earth" is usually avoided in modern English, as it has strong associations with J.R.R. Tolkien's fantastic "legendarium".

The role-playing game Final Fantasy VII for the PlayStation features Midgar, a divided city where the human population inhabits different enclosed sections all meeting at a central hub, which is clearly a nod to the Norse mythos. Another city is Nibelheim, apparently taken from the Norse realm of Niflheim. At the nearby swamp resides the Midgar Zolom, a giant serpent, referencing the Midgard Serpent.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
*applause*

Man, now I'm interested in Norse mythology.

And, to point out on the drug use thing, many ancient civilizations used hallucinagens to "contact the gods/spirits".

A good example is the use of Peyote in many Native American tribes. Another one is the Greeks using cypress leaves(not 100% on it).
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Lost Requiem, LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU!!

Now vote, PLEASE? I just really need a point of view, a second one, and a rating!
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
(10-27-2008 03:24 AM)Lost Requiem Wrote:
(10-26-2008 09:44 AM)MagusKnight Wrote:
(10-26-2008 07:39 AM)Ray the Backlasher Wrote: Stole from Final Fantasy 7? I don't see Cloud or Sephiroth anywhere! XD

I'm using Mythology as a base for my characters. Fenrir for example, is viewed by most as a monster who will kill Odin, All-Father of the Norse Pantheon. Loki and Fenrir's point of view would show what THEY think though.

I agree quite a bit with the Loki and the second being Fenrir, but I'll wait for others to vote.
And the midgard serpent?

Actually MagusKnight, you may have wanted to look up Midgard first.

Midgard is an old Germanic name for our world, the places inhabited by humans, with the literal meaning "middle enclosure".

This name is attested in many ancient Germanic languages. It occurs in Old Norse literature as Miðgarðr. In Old High German poem Muspilli it appears as Mittilagart. The Gothic form Midjungards is attested in Luke's Gospel as a translation of the word "earth". The word is present in Old English epic and poetry as Middangeard; later transformed to Middellærd or Mittelerde ("Middle-earth") in Middle English literature. "Middle-earth" is usually avoided in modern English, as it has strong associations with J.R.R. Tolkien's fantastic "legendarium".

The role-playing game Final Fantasy VII for the PlayStation features Midgar, a divided city where the human population inhabits different enclosed sections all meeting at a central hub, which is clearly a nod to the Norse mythos. Another city is Nibelheim, apparently taken from the Norse realm of Niflheim. At the nearby swamp resides the Midgar Zolom, a giant serpent, referencing the Midgard Serpent.

As FF7 is my favorite for it's charactures and monsters, I never considered that with the serpent when I first fought it, and that was a tough battle to do back then -_-

I agree with Loki being the first POV and then maybe the next really effected one (Hel, Jo or Fenrir).

As for the ratings go, Teen would fit the best, but I would think there to be SOME adult things, but I may be wrong about that.

Also, another game series uses Norse Mythology as it's feature too, the Tales series namely Tales of Symphonia and Phantasia that I know of. (Ex: The mana tree is named Yggdrasil, which is the same name as the great tree mentioned in the other.)
Nyaa... Will be around but not very much.
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
Oh that's wonderful. And my times up, so the votes are tallied aaaand:

POV#1: Loki, Trickster God of Fire.

POV#2: Fenrisulfr, Misunderstood Monster Prophesied to Devour the All-Father, Odin.

Rating: Teen (Some Adult Situations).
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
(10-29-2008 12:55 AM)Ray the Backlasher Wrote: Oh that's wonderful. And my times up, so the votes are tallied aaaand:

POV#1: Loki, Trickster God of Fire.

POV#2: Fenrisulfr, Misunderstood Monster Prophesied to Devour the All-Father, Odin.

Rating: Teen (Some Adult Situations).
ADULT! I WANT TO SEE HAWT SERPENT SEX!
Jk jk! Loki would work but Loki's a rather...dumb character to be the view point, I'd suggest Fenrisulfr.
Oh you'll see both of their points of views. Not to worry. Lol, serpent sex! GIANT serpent sex. Wow, who the hell do I pair Jo (Jörmundandr's nickname) with?
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
THOR! Twisted
Lol, Yaoi God Sex/Bestiality!? AHHHH!! Thank goodness its teen rated!
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Oh comon! That'd be fricken' hot!