Join our server on Discord

Tip of the fucking Iceberg
(10-12-2008 01:03 AM)Wisemon Wrote: .
Quote:Here's the thing, taking over the banks would break laws, MANY laws that founded our country.
If the government is going to give the banks money, then it should have ownership. That's the only fair thing to do for the taxpayers.

I concur cause if they are the reason that our economy plummeted cause of personal greed of stupidity, a bank is supposed to gain money and invest wisely and be liquid in their processes.
~Gabu

Live life and let live.

2 years on the DaD
Gabumon Loverz Group Trooper
DMAW moderarator
Art Section Mod
Muse of many talents
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Quote:Yes, democratic members of congress and Bush joined together to encourage banks to promote home ownership, but they did not tell the banks to give loans to people who could never pay them back, and the government certainly did not start the risk swap thing; that was completely a scheme banks/investors started of their own accord. The government knew about these practices, but did nothing to outlaw them because no harm had come of them yet.

Proof, please. And the article pointed out how several people blew the whistle on what was going on and what could happen and they were blown off by the government.

Quote:That's the only fair thing to do for the taxpayers.

No, the fair thing to do is let those people that signed a deal with the devil suffer the consequences. By what right does the government force me to pay for someone else's mistake?

And explain to me how the government having control over interest rates, bank rules, and every dime people like me have in those banks (among other things) benefits us? You're talking about something that is probably one of the most reckless money spenders in existence. I fail to see how giving it more money to blow makes things better.

Quote:I concur cause if they are the reason that our economy plummeted cause of personal greed of stupidity, a bank is supposed to gain money and invest wisely and be liquid in their processes.

And big brother isn't supposed to spend money he doesn't have, especially not to bail out people who dug their own graves. And I can tell you straight up that banks are not the only reason our economy is in bad shape. The government is the one who, unfortunatly, has the most control over how our money is spent.
Quote:Quote:
Yes, democratic members of congress and Bush joined together to encourage banks to promote home ownership, but they did not tell the banks to give loans to people who could never pay them back, and the government certainly did not start the risk swap thing; that was completely a scheme banks/investors started of their own accord. The government knew about these practices, but did nothing to outlaw them because no harm had come of them yet.

Proof, please. And the article pointed out how several people blew the whistle on what was going on and what could happen and they were blown off by the government.
If you also believe that the government blew off the whistleblowers, why is it necessary to prove it to you?

Quote:No, the fair thing to do is let those people that signed a deal with the devil suffer the consequences. By what right does the government force me to pay for someone else's mistake?
I thought the same way, and I wanted to know why letting banks suffer for their mistakes was not a viable position. To put it in general terms, every occupation, even those you wouldn't think are related to banks, are completely at the mercy of banks and funds available for payroll. The NPR discussion I posted goes into greater detail, but the general idea is that everything is connected, globally too.

Quote:And explain to me how the government having control over interest rates, bank rules, and every dime people like me have in those banks (among other things) benefits us? You're talking about something that is probably one of the most reckless money spenders in existence. I fail to see how giving it more money to blow makes things better.
Because despite the government's many flawed spending programs, it's still not a company looking to seem to make money. The government offers a level of transparency that private corporations cannot.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Quote:I concur cause if they are the reason that our economy plummeted cause of personal greed of stupidity, a bank is supposed to gain money and invest wisely and be liquid in their processes.

Quote:And big brother isn't supposed to spend money he doesn't have, especially not to bail out people who dug their own graves. And I can tell you straight up that banks are not the only reason our economy is in bad shape. The government is the one who, unfortunatly, has the most control over how our money is spent.

Well if banks were in the word of liquid fast exchanges their point is to try risky ventures but some banks spend it wiser then others. Its just a commitment to it. And yes our government has some say but its the whole banking industry that has been problematic to the point it effects everything even what government could so as well. Its simplistic.
~Gabu

Live life and let live.

2 years on the DaD
Gabumon Loverz Group Trooper
DMAW moderarator
Art Section Mod
Muse of many talents
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds