Join our server on Discord

Tip of the fucking Iceberg
Exclamation 
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27075884/

Do you really think the bailout is such a good idea?

Somebody should really be policing these assholes!
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
I'll refer you to an NPR discussion my sister sent me. It explains why the bailout isn't just saving banks.

Go to http://www.thisamericanlife.org and choose the show called "Another frightening show about the economy."
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Heh the bailout is more of delaying the inevitable. x.x;
~Gabu

Live life and let live.

2 years on the DaD
Gabumon Loverz Group Trooper
DMAW moderarator
Art Section Mod
Muse of many talents
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Well, it doesn't help that both Bush and Steven Harper (PM of Canada) are working together on this...
[Image: 34snomc.png]

[Image: DarkChibimon.png]
Gabumon Loverz
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Quote:Do you really think the bailout is such a good idea?

No, especially considering Big Brother technically doesn't have 700 billion dollars to give. And even if it did, bailing someone out of a mess that they got themselves into doesn't make a whole lot of sense and sends the wrong kind of message to people...but what can you expect in this day and age where sucking up to people and getting more votes is more important than personal responsiblity and right and wrong?

Quote:Heh the bailout is more of delaying the inevitable. x.x;

Actually, it's helping bring about what can be avoided...if only the government could learn to mind its own business.
[quote=blueeyedgabulvo0o]
Quote:Heh the bailout is more of delaying the inevitable. x.x;

Quote:Actually, it's helping bring about what can be avoided...if only the government could learn to mind its own business.

I think it would be a wise thing to let the recession lead somewhere even into a depression and the reason it won't go to far into the whole is because we are a big cap of the world's exporting. And right now people aren't running out to the banks in a desperate attempt to get all their money out and place it under their mattresses. It has alot to do with people vested in oil. Really, it was foolish and we could just leave if we would like but we won't do that cause it makes us look wrong.
~Gabu

Live life and let live.

2 years on the DaD
Gabumon Loverz Group Trooper
DMAW moderarator
Art Section Mod
Muse of many talents
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Quote:Quote:
Heh the bailout is more of delaying the inevitable. x.x;

Actually, it's helping bring about what can be avoided...if only the government could learn to mind its own business.
It's the government minding its own business and not putting a stop to the essential gambling banks practiced whereby they bet on insurance and offered predatory loans to people who couldn't afford them that caused the problem in the first place.

The appropriate punishment and corrective action is to liquidate the CEOs, take over the banks, and privatize them again with many more regulations when they're ready to behave in a responsible manner.
I know that you saw me.
Quote:It's the government minding its own business and not putting a stop to the essential gambling banks practiced whereby they bet on insurance and offered predatory loans to people who couldn't afford them that caused the problem in the first place.

Big Brother was the one who forced the banks to make those loans in the first place:

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/article...6171/?ck=1 (he further lists sources that back up what he says).

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=75717

Quote:The appropriate punishment and corrective action is to liquidate the CEOs, take over the banks, and privatize them again with many more regulations when they're ready to behave in a responsible manner.

So give the government, which is itself essentially bankrupt yet continues to spend money it doesn't have, even more control of our money? And what guarantee would we have that they would privatize them again when and if this was over? They still haven't given people back the property they confiscated during Hurricane Katrina.
Here's the thing, taking over the banks would break laws, MANY laws that founded our country. So, obviously they can't do that, without getting their asses sued out that is to say. Nextly, I am moving to Canada if I can, taking all my money out and moving to Canada! LAND OF THE BACON!
Quote:Big Brother was the one who forced the banks to make those loans in the first place:

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/article...6171/?ck=1 (he further lists sources that back up what he says).
Yes, democratic members of congress and Bush joined together to encourage banks to promote home ownership, but they did not tell the banks to give loans to people who could never pay them back, and the government certainly did not start the risk swap thing; that was completely a scheme banks/investors started of their own accord. The government knew about these practices, but did nothing to outlaw them because no harm had come of them yet.

Quote:Here's the thing, taking over the banks would break laws, MANY laws that founded our country.
If the government is going to give the banks money, then it should have ownership. That's the only fair thing to do for the taxpayers.
I know that you saw me.