Join our server on Discord

Religion....fuck them
My personal view has been that one should live their life and be happy without hurting anyone else and doing their best to help others. I don't hate religion I hate people who use religion to hate. I know religous people who are not complete assholes. My mom is catholic and is perfectly okay with me being gay/transgender. If there is a god I feel he is a forgiving one.
[Image: marriage2wy1.jpg]
(07-27-2007 01:26 PM)Altima Wrote: yeah, I guess... but still... I asked him to show me a sign, something that he was out there.. I recieved no sign... then I started getting into more drastic things... and he still hasn't shown himself...

Ever seen Bruce Almighty? Remember that scene where he's driving down the road at night and he asks for a sign and he gets several, yet he doesn't see them for what they are? Maybe God has given you a sign, you just don't see it for what it is because it's not the sign you're wanting? Just a suggestion.

(07-27-2007 10:13 AM)Niyara Wrote: Religion is guidance for those who aren't willing to look for their own damn answers.

Atheists don't do themselve any favors by lumping all religious people into negative categories, especially when they don't know every person's reason for turning to religion.

And before anyone comes after me, I'm irritated by people who force their religion on others just as much as the next person. I believe a person has the right to be religious or atheist, as long as they don't force their belief on others, so I believe Altima has a valid gripe. However, thanks to the way parents are viewed nowadays (as all knowing rulers beyond reproach), I'm afraid there's little you can do until you're eighteen or out of your parents' house. You could try to see if you can't have a relative become your legal guardian, but I'm not sure what that entails and it could be difficult.
Quote:Atheists don't do themselve any favors by lumping all religious people into negative categories, especially when they don't know every person's reason for turning to religion.
That's true. I was of the opinion that all religious people are foolish, but an intelligent friend said she just did it for the social interaction. So, though she didn't actually believe any of the stuff about God and Jesus, she went along for friendship and family interaction. The moral of the story is that religious people are not just fools; some are hypocrites.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I dont know about religion. I was never forced. But down in reneck ville. (no offence to some or alot of people) But down here in SC its either this if you dont have a religion you are looked down upon never spoken to. Thats me. But if you have one you are praised. I dont get t i dont know if i have one or not. So i am not jugemental.
Quote:some are hypocrites.

The same can be said of atheists who accuse religious people of being intolerant.
Meh, I don't really get the point of religion. Me? I think I'd be classified as atheist, because I want some proof that God exists before I believe in him xP
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
(09-21-2008 04:39 AM)BigD Wrote:

The same can be said of atheists who accuse religious people of being intolerant.

I agree. We're all hypocrites at some point anyways. Most religious people I know are a-holes but I do know some that are tolerant loving people. It just depends on whether you are using your beliefs as a means of hatred, or a means of love.
[Image: marriage2wy1.jpg]
(09-21-2008 09:47 AM)Tenjou Wrote:
(09-21-2008 04:39 AM)BigD Wrote:

I agree. We're all hypocrites at some point anyways. Most religious people I know are a-holes but I do know some that are tolerant loving people. It just depends on whether you are using your beliefs as a means of hatred, or a means of love.

I long ago came to the conclusion that atheism and religion aren't really bad; people just do bad things in the name of religion or atheism.
You know Religion can just be a thing. Like White. Wise is Jewish but he doesn't really do anything really Jewish and my great friend Zephyr is or was Catholic. She does do much anyway. It's just something like a skin color for some people.
How could anyone be an atheist? That's horrible and depressing. How could anyone not believe in anything? That isn't normal. If you don't believe in God, okay. But you have got to believe in something! Come now, anything. Be polytheistic like the Romans, where there is a god for different things. Believe in something, and you will be rewarded in the afterlife. Atheists are the lowest beings on the religion food chain.
[Image: Makasiggey.gif]

~Death is Sweet. Embrace it.~

Thank you, Dwaggy, for the signature~!

The OCA