Join our server on Discord

Religion....fuck them
I hate it

Religion sucks

'specially if they force you into it

My mom(a Strong Jehova's witness) want's me to go to curch with her. I always detest it, and I whine a lot about it. I always try to come up with an excuse to not go.. but frankly.. they don't care... they always want em to go.

I don't think it's right, forcing me to go to church with her... She threatened me once, she said she was gonna break my consoles/stop paying for the internet if I didn't go. Thats not RIGHT! I have my own life, I can make choices, I have RIGHTS. She treats me like a slave with church.. always trying to get me more involved in it...

She pisses me off with it, and I guess it sounds like I'm more mad at her than at the religion itself.. but I don't hate my mom, I just hate how she wants me to go to church... I should be allowed to choose to not go to church, right? anyways... when I turn 18, if she tries to convert me one more time, I'll take it to the courtroom... thats about how mad I am with the churhc-thing..

thank you for taking the time to listen/read my rant... which seems a little pathetic, but I'm not the kind of guy who get's angry all the time.. this is just something that bothers me the most.
I know how you feel, my mom tried the same on me for a while, eventually she got tierd of trying to force me to go. Haven't heard a word about it since.
Gabumon Loverz
Veemon's Followers
Renamon's Army
Not sure where you live but in the USA children have the right to choose their own religion or choose not to follow any religion
Psycho333 Wrote:Not sure where you live but in the USA children have the right to choose their own religion or choose not to follow any religion

In the USA parents still try to push their beliefs on their children. That has to be the most jackass use of the phrase: "Well in the US," I've ever heard.

As for the topic on hand. Yes, parent usually try to get their kids to follow in a religious path if they are following one themselves. And you do indeed have the choice of what to do. It's best not to get angry with your mom even though she may seem nagging but understand that she feels it really is the best thing for you. Try to understand her point of view, but also try to make her see yours through rational discussion.
Play Bad Religion albums for your mom while she's sleeping (during the day too). You'll convert her.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I used to go to church quite a lot. Wasn't forced into it, just seemed kindof peaceful most of the time in there.

Now though, I just feel cold even looking at a church. They don't approve of my lifestyle in there, so I'm not going in there anymore.

As for forcing you to go.. Technically, you don't really have any legal rights there until you turn 18 unless she is being abusive to make you go (Or by making you go if your church is an extremely weird one) But, that doesn't mean you have to stop arguing with her about it. There just isnt anyhting you can do about it.

If it were another religion, then talking to the bishop/pastor/other leader guy, might help.. Since most religions do not want unwilling people inside as it disrupts the serenity they try to create... But, the Jehova's Witnesses are generally very forceful and demanding when it comes to trying to convert you.. Me and my friends have done some pretty funny things to make them go away in the past :P
Quote:But, the Jehova's Witnesses are generally very forceful and demanding when it comes to trying to convert you.. Me and my friends have done some pretty funny things to make them go away in the past
Yes, there's lots of fun things you can do to them, but nothing is quite so satisfying as debating them at your door. I tried that, and I got her to back away slowly, in silence, with this wide-eyed look of fear.
I know that you saw me.
Wisemon Wrote:Play Bad Religion albums for your mom while she's sleeping (during the day too). You'll convert her.

Godsmack ftw
The OCA
Wisemon Wrote:
Quote:But, the Jehova's Witnesses are generally very forceful and demanding when it comes to trying to convert you.. Me and my friends have done some pretty funny things to make them go away in the past
Yes, there's lots of fun things you can do to them, but nothing is quite so satisfying as debating them at your door. I tried that, and I got her to back away slowly, in silence, with this wide-eyed look of fear.

I'd have to disagree.....Just start talking gibberish,start hissing,and go crazy when you open the door(Ah the reactions i've gotten)

Anyway sorry your mom is forcing this on you.Its sad how people are brainwashed into religion and try to force others to join it or else
Quote:Wisemon Wrote:
Play Bad Religion albums for your mom while she's sleeping (during the day too). You'll convert her.

Godsmack ftw
No, I meant the band Bad Religion, which is where Godsmack got the name for the song, just like how they called a song "Shine Down" after the band, just like how they called a song "Bleeding Me" after the Metallica song, and just like they got their name from an Alice in Chains song.

I'll show you what I'm talking about. If you want to get someone's religious views to change, you need something smart and persuasive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WdttiSg5PM
I know that you saw me.