Join our server on Discord

Religion....fuck them
Altima Wrote:exactly, and I have found my answers... there is no god... otherwise he would have given me a sign... if you all would like to know.. I dared him to get me into an accident or somethign which would cause me to lose something of value, such as an arm or SOMETHING(hell I even put my manhood on the line) and well, he never showed me a sign....after 7 years of asking for it, so therefore, there is no god, or the god that IS out there is too damn lazy(which apparently doesn't fit the description most religions give him/her/hir), so why would I wanna devote myself to some lazy-ass person who can't even prove he exists?

I'm not much of a person of faith, but I am certain that no god would inflict harm on someone in order to prove their existance. A true God isn't so vain as to injure someone, especially a single individual, in order to prove their existance.
yeah, I guess... but still... I asked him to show me a sign, something that he was out there.. I recieved no sign... then I started getting into more drastic things... and he still hasn't shown himself...
The Reclaimer Wrote:
Psycho333 Wrote:Not sure where you live but in the USA children have the right to choose their own religion or choose not to follow any religion

In the USA parents still try to push their beliefs on their children. That has to be the most jackass use of the phrase: "Well in the US," I've ever heard.

As for the topic on hand. Yes, parent usually try to get their kids to follow in a religious path if they are following one themselves. And you do indeed have the choice of what to do. It's best not to get angry with your mom even though she may seem nagging but understand that she feels it really is the best thing for you. Try to understand her point of view, but also try to make her see yours through rational discussion.

yes that is a good point

bottom line it for her is my advice though
I am not so closed minded to say that god doesn't exist, nor will I say that he definately does. I will say that if he does exist, he probably doesn't want the blind woship that organized religion endorses. If he wanted that, he would show up in the middle of somewhere crowded and do something to make people believe. And then tell them to worship him (I refer to god as male, because that is the most popular form god takes.. Could be a woman, could be a hermaphrodite for all I know. It doesn't matter)

As for forcing religion onto people.. She can force you to go to church, but she can't force you to believe. I had this talk with my grandpa once. He seemed a little disapointed at first, but he got over it,and I went to church with him willingly after that because I knew it made him happy to have me there.

Now of course, I don't go to church. I'll go into a church for a wedding, a funeral, or a family reunion... But for me, it is not a place of worship. Seems to me, that the best place for someone to worship would be outside.. Preferably in the mountains as far away from man made things as possible.
The OCA
Im not going to say to much because i do believe in god and i dont want to force my views on anyone, but heres what i do want to say:

Not god himself, but churches, people claming to be religious, SUCK. They think they are better than everyone else and they wont talk to me because im gay or my parents because they got divorced. well, your right, FUCK THEM! I know God loves me, i dont give a shit what some stupid "holyier than thou" hypocryts say about it.
Wow... you just openly admitted to being gay... not that I'm being hateful or anything. If I didn't hate guys because of the primative ones that live around here, I'd possibly be gay myself.

My favorite in Drawn Together is Xandir because he is gay... what does that say about me?

I hate religion because it restricts us from doing so many things *looks at Takatofan* ... like being gay. *shakes head* Anyway, most people who are in a religion are usually very narrow minded and prejudice against those who are different... *looks at Takatofan* ...like you...

Takatofan1986: Watch it, punk...

Suzaku: You're the best example I have right now. It ain't my fault

Seriously, Takatofan1986, I accept you because I know it is your choice alone... and I would rather be around gay guys than around the straight bastards I'm already surrounded by.
The OCA
Beign gay isn't a choice dude, but I think I get what you are trying to say.

Religion is like the government without the legal power to do anything good with the influence they have over people. It exists to keep those who let themselves get drawn to it down, and to try to stamp out individuality outside of its own ranks as well as inside.

Religion started as a healthy guidance point, encouraging questions and letting people have differing opinions... Then they got hungry for the power they could have over people by giving them exact answers to every problem. To paraphrase.. "Do this and be rewarded in heaven, do that, and be cast down to the hells" Its pointless, yet people will eat it up like a kid with a free run of the candy store.
The OCA
Im 100% confused weither i just got insulted or complimented...
I would say neither. He used you as a prime example, but it was not to insult by any means. The world can seem pretty big with so many ideas... and even varying ones in the same places.
wow, i like going to church, but ill agree its wrong to push a religion on ppl. these ppl do it all the time at my grandparents house, they just tell them everything thats wrong with their religion, it funny
Veemon's Followers
Renamon's Army
The OCA
Gabumon Loverz