Join our server on Discord

Religion....fuck them
Wisemon Wrote:
Quote:Wisemon Wrote:
Play Bad Religion albums for your mom while she's sleeping (during the day too). You'll convert her.

Godsmack ftw
No, I meant the band Bad Religion, which is where Godsmack got the name for the song, just like how they called a song "Shine Down" after the band, just like how they called a song "Bleeding Me" after the Metallica song, and just like they got their name from an Alice in Chains song.

I'll show you what I'm talking about. If you want to get someone's religious views to change, you need something smart and persuasive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WdttiSg5PM

Oh my bad I didnt know that till now!

The only religion i know of is the religion of Rock!! *sets guitar down on the floor and lights it on fire and warships it*
The OCA
Thank you guys... and yeah... I knew I had some right/choice of not going and thats why at 18 if she tries to force me, I'll take it to court, or something... I just can't stand going to that church anymore... as once again, today I HAD to go.... I tried to talk my way out of it, and well.. she said the same thing... "I'm cutting the internet off then..."
Wisemon Wrote:Yes, there's lots of fun things you can do to them, but nothing is quite so satisfying as debating them at your door. I tried that, and I got her to back away slowly, in silence, with this wide-eyed look of fear.
I needed you at my house that one time. But that's one reason why we're friends.
And while I'd say something positive, your mom's a JW so I don't have anything to say.
You should point out to your mother that exposing person to religion won't make them convert to it. Then begin worshipping Finnish God of War' "Tursas" (name and figure literally is reference to squid, like Ctulhuhu) and begin converting her, so she notices how useless it is. Be sure to use the entire chant during your rituals. :D

Fun fact; Yes the godslayer sword "Iki Turso" from Saga of Elements is reference to the God.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
Altima Wrote:Thank you guys... and yeah... I knew I had some right/choice of not going and thats why at 18 if she tries to force me, I'll take it to court, or something... I just can't stand going to that church anymore... as once again, today I HAD to go.... I tried to talk my way out of it, and well.. she said the same thing... "I'm cutting the internet off then..."

Hmm. My advice would be: Don't negotiate with terrorists. She threatens to cut off the internet connection? Tell her "Go ahead." She says she'll break your consoles, (Seriously. Who the hell does that to their child? What the hell is that going to teach them?) tell her to go ahead and try it. I can see if she wants her children to follow in her religion, but you can't threaten them into doing so. Besides that, the only other advice I could give you is to talk to whoever runs the church. I'm not sure who that would be, as I don't much about Jehova's witnesses, but perhaps talking to them, they could tell your mom that she has no right to push religion on anybody. Then again, if the person is as persistant as the Jehova's witnesses that come to my door.. they might nazi you too.

Speaking of Jehova's witnesses coming to my door.. ugh. I can't stand them. It is fun to drive them off. I heard my dogs barking at someone, so I went to the door and looked out the window. To my dismay, they were climbing my steps and saw me. I did what anyone would do: I hid. They knocked at my door, and I waited for them to leave. They saw me, so they knew I was there, and continued to knock. I gave up and answered the door. They started talking about.. I dunno. I wasn't listening. I got bored, so I opened my eyes as wide as I could, and started spinning around in a circle. I did that for five minutes, they got confused and left. I went inside and almost pissed myself laughing.
Lol, yeah, I'd talk to the guy in charge if I knew who the hell he was... seriously, I don't know diddly squat about this religion... I spent the last 16 years of my life in that church daydreaming, wanting to be elsewhere.. and most recently... daydreaming about something yiffy.. XD

as for taking the internet away, that'd mean I wouldn't be able to log on the DaD for a while... at least not until I get a job and/or a license(I could go to the public library and order internet there) but still... to me it's not worth it...
:roll:Jehova witnesses... yeah... I'd rather adhere to Catholicism at least they believe there's more room in heaven then for 144,000. Seriously though, I would say roll with it a bit, but, if not, whatever. The only real fun/enjoyment/relaxing thing you can get out of it, for now, is to try to poke at the holes of their faith. At the very least, you can tell your Mom that you are getting "involved" how else can you participate in a faith that you do not truly understand? Even if you have no intention of ever doing so.

My older brother is a good debater with them... during winter, with his long hair and in a towel. It was by far a funny thing to come home to.
Before I say anything, I want to ask this: What is the religion of Jehovah's Witness? What the Hell did Jehova do?

My mom converted from atheism to Christianity about two years ago, and she doesn't pester me into converting *I was outcast by religion because of an incident 12 years ago*. However, half of the students and teachers at the schools I went to were blindly devoted to Christianity or Jehova's Witness, and have relentlessly tried to convert me.
The OCA
Religion is guidance for those who aren't willing to look for their own damn answers.
exactly, and I have found my answers... there is no god... otherwise he would have given me a sign... if you all would like to know.. I dared him to get me into an accident or somethign which would cause me to lose something of value, such as an arm or SOMETHING(hell I even put my manhood on the line) and well, he never showed me a sign....after 7 years of asking for it, so therefore, there is no god, or the god that IS out there is too damn lazy(which apparently doesn't fit the description most religions give him/her/hir), so why would I wanna devote myself to some lazy-ass person who can't even prove he exists?