Join our server on Discord

Yeah sure I might do harm and bear my right to arm
What should I do for my 4000th post? I considered posting some of the epic conclusion of my Digimon fan fiction series, but then I decided to go with something you'll actually read. The following is a poem that I'll have to take down if I ever manage to get it published, but it's probably a bit too controversial for the average poetry magazine. This should also start a conversation that was mysteriously absent.

[size=medium]Loud, Fast, and Upsetting

You can
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
A very provokative poem which has a clear messahe and some critisism for all sides of the arguement. I loved it.
The whole thing just makes you think. And it has this driving force that made me want to read the whole thing, which is odd for me because generally I don't like poetry. It was damn good.

The last stanza is true poetics right there.
*sniff* Beautiful. It bears amazing resemblance to the thoughts that race through my head every time I sit in the loo, taking a dump! Bravo.

Happy 4000 posts Mr. Wisemon!
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
You're a dork loki. Now then, Incredibly great work Wise. You almost have to ask how you can do this.
Yay! I'm a dork! I've been promoted!
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Quote:*sniff* Beautiful. It bears amazing resemblance to the thoughts that race through my head every time I sit in the loo, taking a dump! Bravo.
Actually, I've written some of my best poems while taking a dump, though this wasn't one of them. A reliable clipboard is very convenient.

Quote:Now then, Incredibly great work Wise. You almost have to ask how you can do this.
Thank you, but I feel it's best not to question it. If I had to give out the secret, I would say the real key is just putting time into it.
Quote:The whole thing just makes you think. And it has this driving force that made me want to read the whole thing, which is odd for me because generally I don't like poetry. It was damn good.

The last stanza is true poetics right there.
Thank you, Senjuro. I especially like good reviews from people who don't normally like poetry. You pointed out another key: the last stanza is always critical.

Quote:A very provokative poem which has a clear messahe and some critisism for all sides of the arguement. I loved it.
Thanks, I guess I did hit all sides. I try to do that on every issue. That's why I wanted to mod the Debate Forum.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Yay! Something in common! I've never written a poem though...
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers