Join our server on Discord

Sonic the Hedgehog
There are too many 3D Sonic games coming out too fast. All they do is add shit hoping it'll distract us from the core problems. I realized this when I played Shadow the Hedgehog on the XBox.

"o give him gunz N it wil b ok" No. They need to take their time, years, and develop it on the Wii (to avoid graphic whoring, ect. taking the spotlight v.s gameplay). Then, release it cheap, with a lot of hype and hope for the best. I mean, the only part of this formula they get right is the hype (usually) & hope.
Everyone knows Shadow was a dumb idea. He didn't need guns. Plus one level takes for-freaking-ever.
It wasn't necessarily the guns that ruined the idea, it was that they addressed 0 of the problems of which the series suffers.

They can give him a tutu for all I care, but a weapon or accessory doesn't make a game.
Yes but it does make it worse.
A Sonic thread? I am SO in!!!!

Sonic Unleashed is their latest hype. I have it for the Wii system. It's a good game really, a fantastic idea. Basically, the game is divided into two sections: Daytime sections and nighttime sections. During the day, Sonic is himself. Gameplay is a truly thrilling roller coaster ride. A beautiful 3D environment surrounds Sonic as he storms through well-planned levels at classic SonicSpeed. The camera is typically behind Sonic, but occasionally pans for some fast-paced side-scrolling action. The motion controls make it even more fun.

Bottom line, Daytime gameplay is just freaking awesome.

The rest of the game, however, is kind of downhill. Sega tried to hint at an RPG by allowing Sonic and his new friend, Chip, to interact with villagers that play a big part of a pretty interesting story. Stupidly, however, Sega did not allow the player a say in any part of the story. The player is allowed to choose where to go and who to talk to, but is also told where to go. Go anywhere else, and nothing that happens will be of any use to you. Basically, the story is a big cutscene, but the player is allowed to choose when the story can continue. Not much at all. Plus it's rather frustrating when you're sent all over the place just to talk to these people. Still, there is a bit of comfort: The story, as I said, is pretty interesting.

Nighttime play is pretty interesting too--for a very short time. Sonic becomes a Werehog with stretchy arms that scream of Luffy from One Piece. It's a clever idea, especially for the Wii. WereSonic fights with his powerful arms, and, you guessed it: Wii's motion controls initiate his vicious punches, kicks, and combos. There's trouble with this too though: The control is overly sensitive. A little twitch of the Wiimote or Nunchuk constitutes a huge punch from WereSonic, making it exceedingly difficult to be accurate with the amount of punches or even who you are punching. Enemies, sadly, basically look the same everywhere. Unfortunately, Sonic loses his thrilling speed as WereSonic, who is a slow beast With each world, the missions are exactly the same; there's nothing new to look forward to when you beat one world and move on to another. Worst of all, the clearly better Daytime play is minimized, and the majority of the game is the slow, somewhat monotonous nighttime play.

I'm a die-hard Sonic fan. I love Sonic games. Sega was on a good track with Sonic Unleashed, but even I can say that they definitely didn't hit their target.

I have high hopes for Sonic and the Black Knight though. I didn't particularly like the stupid mission system of Sonic and the Secret Rings, which is imitated in Sonic and the Black Knight, but there are still so, so many possibilities for the upcoming game that could make it truly fantastic. Already, there are rumors of fabulous graphics even for the Wii system and an interesting story. The controls are similar to those of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, an AMAZING game. All Sega has to do is see and apply those possibilities. Come on, Sega. You can do it.
You know, the Wii version may be the better one. A little sad that the Wii version is better again since the other systems have better graphics. Or maybe I'm being sarcastic.
Personally I don't hold high hopes for sonic unleashed, the whole idea of a werewolf sonic has just set me cringing. I'm hoping sonic and the black knight will fair better, though the controls are more similair to unleashed.
They've also revamped the mission and skill systems.
Renamon's Army
The OCA
Gabumon Loverz