Join our server on Discord

Sonic the Hedgehog
Yes he's back the small energetic blue woodland mammal is back in his newest adventure, Sonic Unleashed.

I've always liked the sonic games they were fun to play even some of the lame ones where sonic team seemed to be lacking in ideas, but like i said I was a fan of sonic the 2d ones were great and Sonic adventure and sonic battle 2 were great but i think that sonic teams along with nintendo have been really into dual side gaming right now, for instance in the new one, you play as sonic by day the fast packed action stages that you blur through, then by night you enter the were-hog form, which for one is done wrong "wer" means man as in man-wolf so in this one your a man-hog, but still dual world game play seems to be nintendo's target right now, Paper Mario, Zelda twilight princess, its not bad but its seems like they've ran out of idea's but there probably doing a game right now but we'll have to wait.

But anyway back to the new Sonic game, I recently rented it out and had it for a week at first it was great but then it dipped as we got the middle of the game, its levels started looking familar, like levels from other sonic games but with a graphic tune up, then someone told me about the whole name mess up and that seemed really trivial, a stupid mistake as if they rushed it out but like i said i loved the sonic series they would keep me awake for hours as you search for every last hidden ring or secret chaos egg.

But what does everyone else think about the series?
"How did Mary Die?"
"A TIRE, HIT HER IN THE FACE!"
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
Not to be an asshole, but that whole second paragraph, although not word for word, was taken from Yahtzee's review of Sonic Unleashed.

As for your question, this picture best sums it up:

[Image: 5b7ifm.png]
In soviet goggles, Russia does nothing.
Lol @ Asesino

I USED to like the sonic series when it was just the sidescrolling, get rings beat boss win ones...Now it's just too lame...

You see pics of sonic screwing tails around on the internet, but what about Sega ass raping the sonic series so much his butt bleeds for 2 hours everytime he takes a dump?
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
That picture is a good metaphor. A deeper analogy would be looking at the early 90's Sonic the Hedgehog TV series vs. Sonic X. Yes, Sonic X has better graphics, but it's missing those factors which would make it entertaining.

I'm a huge fan of 2D Sonic, and it's a shame he doesn't translate to the new era in gaming very well. I think he is better off taking the bullet before his memory is forever corrupted. To prove this comes from a true fan, here's a list of the Sonic games I've beaten with all emeralds:

Genesis:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Sonic 2 & Knuckles
Sonic Spinball
Sonic 3D Blast

Game Gear:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic Chaos
Sonic Triple Trouble
Sonic Blast
Tails' Adventure

Other:
Sonic CD
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I believe a game magazine put it best.

"If you want to fix sonic, STOP trying to fix sonic."

Seriously, you wanna know what I would love, rerelease the original three, but with a graphic update. Classic 2D gameplay in a 3D enviroment, and no more of those retarded hub worlds, no one wants to run around town doing errands for retarded citizens.

"Sonic, I left my tools on the other side of town. Could you take time out of your quest to save our entire planet and get them?"
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
True. You could say you were just quoting Yahtzee though.

And, First, Sonic was never just about Speed. That's just his defining characteristic. The game is more about exploration. One thing to do is find the fastest way through the levels. The other thing is to find everything in the level.

Second, Wolf-hog is ok while not the best idea for a game, they did finish the F#^@&ing game unlike 06. The Wii having lesser stuff in it may actually be the better game (again).

But oh well. I still bought the game as I have many others and as I will in March. It seems no one really knows how to make a good Sonic game anymore or that some people can't remember what they were like. Also some just want the game to be like the games they played.

They can't. Green Hill Zone in Adventure (always refer to it as Adventure unless you're talking about something from the cube remake) is as close as you'll get and it should be expanded on. I have a idea for that and an idea for a game that combines all parts of the series into one. A lot of playable characters but mostly similar game play.

Also the dub of Sonic X mostly sucks. I know as I have seen both Adventure adaptations subbed. My main problem is the 4Kids voice of Gamma the E-Series robot. The E-Series are my favorites and they needed robotic voices. 4Kids failed. My main problem with it.

I have most all of the games and most of them in actual cartridges. I should be listened to. So should Wise. Most in this topic probably should too but that's mostly besides the point.

Also, the Archie comics are a different universe from the games. Thank you.
True it was but that was what inspired me to make the thread i'd just watched his reveiw and should have said, but yeah he had a point,sorry.

But the whole end of the sonic series as much as i would love to say no but Yahtzee said something about Sonic and the Black knight, this one sounds like sonic games are going down hill and as much as I hate to admit that the series is dying it Asesino's picture seems to sum up whats happening now...
"How did Mary Die?"
"A TIRE, HIT HER IN THE FACE!"
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
Quote:Genesis:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Sonic 2 & Knuckles
Sonic Spinball
Sonic 3D Blast

Sonic 3 and Sonic CD were probably the pinnacle of Sonic. Since then, I believe most of the new 3d Gen stuff has been utter crap, pardon my language. Sonic Unleashed I have yet to set my eyes on, and Black Knight- I have little hope of it being good. The good old days of Sonic have gone, and I don't think the current Segateam will ever come back to it. The closest they've come- and I'm glad of them doing it, is Sonic Rush. But until they get that good ol' spirit back from the 2D games, they've lost a lot and are just killing Sonic with more and more crap.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
(12-21-2008 02:28 PM)Shadowknight Wrote: Seriously, you wanna know what I would love, re-release the original three, but with a graphic update. Classic 2D gameplay in a 3D enviroment
You mean the same side scrolling game type, only with 3d graphics? i am hearing you on digital my friend!

Oh and my biggest dismay with Sonic's "fixtures" was that they continued to add MORE CHARACTERS! Seriously, they have Silver, Shadow,Amy, Rouge, Knuckles, Tails, Sally, Bunny and many more...and were ANY of them actually essential to the plot? Would the sonic universe crumble if there wasn't the criminal essence of Rouge? Would Mobious turn to a pile of rubble if Shadow weren't there? To be honest i was happy with just Sonic, Tails and Knuckles; no more, no less.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
First off, Sally and Bunny don't count. Archie comic characters.

Second, that was my idea. A game like the 3-D Green Hill Zone with just the main three. You could use different skins to use other characters and it'd hardly change. You have a lot to make groups of three. I have a list too.

Third, Rush was a great series. Just turn that into 3-D like some of the parts of the game, and you may have a game that would shut most people up.