Join our server on Discord

Sonic RPG coming soon by Bioware
UnknownH Wrote:
Shadowknight Wrote:And for the love of all that's decent when you make a SONIC game don't force me to play as annoying nearly uncontrollable side characters. Tails I'm looking at you!
Hey. Tails is a good character. I used him and knuckles more then sonic in the old games.

apparently Shadowknight doesnt realize that other then his speed Sonic is nothing and the series would get dull and repetitve without the side characters ((Hell I like the idea of pushing Sonic tot he side for a while so we can explore the more interesting characters more))
Shadowknight Wrote:And for the love of all that's decent when you make a SONIC game don't force me to play as annoying nearly uncontrollable side characters. Tails I'm looking at you!

I like side characters too. In sonic adventure 1 & 2 they were alot of fun, but in the most recent one for the 360 tails was horrible. The button to make him fly was so sensitive you'd shoot five miles into the air and if you took pressure off to lower yourself he'd drop too fast. You had to repeatedly tap the button in order to keep him level. And his attack the dummy ring snipe/bomb was impossible to use, I flew over a guy, and just to note this isn't an exageration I counted, dropped 7 of those bombs around him, not one hit, and I can't figure out why they didn't put crosshairs in while using the snipe attack. It wasn't just tails either, the robot (Gamma or something) Wasn't fun either, his shotgun blast seemed more like a mist so you couldn't tell what parts would actually register as a hit, and there was no lock on thing telling you 'if you shoot now you'll hit stuff' with his other weapon, I spent alot of time on the boss fight with him because I didn't know if I had a lock or not and ended up just firing off that mister thing. I'm not insulting anyone as a character, Tails isn't my favorite I'll admit but I like him, he's just not easy to use and I cringed whenever I needed to. Knuckles was annoying too since you had to get so close in order to attack you usually wound up just getting hurt. If the characters were as fun as they were in the sonic adventure games, Big the cat aside since fishing in games is always boring no matter what anyone says, I wouldn't mind side characters but when done poorly they just slow the game down too much.

UnknownH Wrote:
Hey. Tails is a good character. I used him and knuckles more then sonic in the old games.

Yeah in the old games. There he was much easier to use, how about in the new game though?
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Psycho333 Wrote:apparently Shadowknight doesn't realize that other then his speed Sonic is nothing and the series would get dull and repetitve without the side characters ((Hell I like the idea of pushing Sonic to he side for a while so we can explore the more interesting characters more)
Actually too much not sonic is bad. He's really plays better since the 3D games. And the 2K3 version could have been good. It's in the code. They just really didn't give it enough time.
UnknownH Wrote:
Psycho333 Wrote:apparently Shadowknight doesn't realize that other then his speed Sonic is nothing and the series would get dull and repetitve without the side characters ((Hell I like the idea of pushing Sonic to he side for a while so we can explore the more interesting characters more)
Actually too much not sonic is bad. He's really plays better since the 3D games. And the 2K3 version could have been good. It's in the code. They just really didn't give it enough time.

I guess we just dissagree but if today I see a game where ONLY Sonic is playable I would get sick to my stomach...since all he is is his speed...

Shadow outclasses him because he has speed Chaos control and guns

Blaze outclasses him because she has speed and pyrochinesis

Amy outclasses him because she has speed and a hammer

I could go on and on but you get the idea

I know the story fo shadow has been explored but what about Blazes story...what lead up to Blaze's meeting with Sonic?

What about Amy's what's her backstory?

So much potential for games that dont revolve around the one trick pony Sonic the hedgehog
I don't know if I like the idea of a Sonic RPG coming from Bioware. I've never played Jade Empire, but having played the KOTOR series, I simply can't help but think a Sonic RPG coming from them would end up being far too somber and serious. On the other hand, I would have liked to see Sega ask Rare to make it instead. While Rare doesn't have much experience with RPGs, they know how to keep things quirky and comical. Well, they DID know, before they replaced just about every member on the development team and left Nintendo.
I just hope they allow you the player to choose who you wish to play as ((That way those who wish so can only play as Sonic while the rest of us can explore the other characters))
Quote:I know the story fo shadow has been explored but what about Blazes story...what lead up to Blaze's meeting with Sonic?

Blaze's Story might be explained more in the sequel to Sonic Rush :P
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Kurtz Wrote:
Quote:I know the story fo shadow has been explored but what about Blazes story...what lead up to Blaze's meeting with Sonic?

Blaze's Story might be explained more in the sequel to Sonic Rush :P

I find a characters story to be more interesting when I'm playing through it as the character
Psycho333 Wrote:Shadow outclasses him because he has speed Chaos control and guns

But in the games all you've really gotten was his chaos spear which isn't very accurate, his chaos snap isn't much more than the homing attack only faster, and the third one (Can't recall the name) which just destroys enemies around that are maybe a foot away from you. I never even used chaos control except for the boss fight it was necessary in.

Psycho333 Wrote:Blaze outclasses him because she has speed and pyrochinesis

Yeah but she took some getting used to since both her attacks were linked to one button so she'd sometimes do a diffrent attack than what you wanted.

Psycho333 Wrote:Amy outclasses him because she has speed and a hammer

Amy doesn't have speed, she moves much slower compared to Sonic, and her hammer has only slightly better range than Knuckles. I opted to just run whenever there was an enemy when I was controlling her.

Psycho333 Wrote:What about Amy's what's her backstory?

It went into it a bit in the archie's series. She was just another villager of their town. She was the same age as tails but used a magical ring that can grant wishes to grow up so she could go on a mission with Sonic.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Rule #1: Never mention the archie series when talking about the games. It really lost relevance later in the run.
Rule #2: Never mention the guns. Shadow never needed the guns.

Now then;
Shadow has those abilities to separate him from sonic. He's vegeta to sonic's goku.
Blaze is an alt. universe sonic. That and the fire separates her from sonic. She had to have it.
Amy is the female lead, she's not that fast. Espio is faster but he's also a ninja. Amy doesn't need to be that fast. Just fast enough to almost catch sonic. And you must have not played sonic rush. That explains blaze. Also, Amy's sonic's number one fan/self proclaimed girlfriend. Play sonic CD and I'll check a wiki to check on her. In fact, play more good sonic games and learn to live with the main character. They're not always the best characters, but they're the main people.

Psycho333 Wrote:I guess we just dissagree but if today I see a game where ONLY Sonic is playable I would get sick to my stomach...since all he is is his speed...
Shadow outclasses him because he has speed Chaos control and guns
Blaze outclasses him because she has speed and pyrochinesis
Amy outclasses him because she has speed and a hammer
I could go on and on but you get the idea
I know the story fo shadow has been explored but what about Blazes story...what lead up to Blaze's meeting with Sonic?
What about Amy's what's her backstory?
So much potential for games that dont revolve around the one trick pony Sonic the hedgehog