Join our server on Discord

Sonic RPG coming soon by Bioware
I know that the Sonic games have been in shit creek recently, but Bioware, makers of the critically acclaimed Star Wars KOTOR games and Jade Empire is making an RPG with Th Blue Blur. Will it redeem Sonic or make Bioware the laughingstock of RPG companies?

What's your opinion?

oh yeah here's the site with the news:
http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/pres..._Sonic_DS/
Personally I say they should make more games b ased around the other characters ((Like they did with Shadow)) THAT was interesting ((I just hope I can choose to play as one of the other charas))
One, the shadow game sucked and we will not speak of it again.
Now then, barring two games and the fact that 2K6 could have been good, this could an interesting thing. They just have to make it like paper mario.
Well, Mario did his RPG, and I say it worked out nicely.... though I only played the one on the SNES and the GBA. I don't know about Sonic. His games are based on speed, and RPGs are not. Bioware is a half decent RPG making company. Their main key is to create choices for the player in the dialouge. It ussually doesn't make a huge difference, but it is there and fun the first time around. I really can't see this mixing to well with an already fairly iron set character.
I hope it doesnt suck...and isnt monotonus
Harie Krauzer Wrote:Well, Mario did his RPG, and I say it worked out nicely.... though I only played the one on the SNES and the GBA. I don't know about Sonic. His games are based on speed, and RPGs are not. Bioware is a half decent RPG making company. Their main key is to create choices for the player in the dialouge. It ussually doesn't make a huge difference, but it is there and fun the first time around. I really can't see this mixing to well with an already fairly iron set character.

The way they did super paper mario on the Wii might work perfectly. But you'd have to adjust it to fit.
UnknownH Wrote:One, the shadow game sucked and we will not speak of it again.
Now then, barring two games and the fact that 2K6 could have been good, this could an interesting thing. They just have to make it like paper mario.

The only flaw with the Shadow game was the 4shame voices which is easily fixed if you have the PS2 version ((As you can select Japanese voices))
KOTOR 1 & 2 were awesome, Jade Empire was awesome. This game has alot of power behind it so I've got high hopes for it. But Sonic's dissapointed me before. I wonder how the speed, which is the heart and soul of sonic games, will work in an RPG. I'd assume it won't be turn based cause the slow battle would only hurt it. And for the love of all that's decent when you make a SONIC game don't force me to play as annoying nearly uncontrollable side characters. Tails I'm looking at you!
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
It would be really odd if it was... Now the game might be interesting if it was like Jade Empire... well almost. A platformer turning RPG is always risky. Then there is also the story. It's not like I expect too much, but let's hope there is something "Sonicy" about it.
Shadowknight Wrote:And for the love of all that's decent when you make a SONIC game don't force me to play as annoying nearly uncontrollable side characters. Tails I'm looking at you!
Hey. Tails is a good character. I used him and knuckles more then sonic in the old games.