Join our server on Discord

Braggarfall
OOC: Mercenary, I'll assume you mean me, since the other dude who's playing a demon isn't active right now. If you meant to talk to someone else, just let me know and I'll edit my post.

Rikus' attention turned toward what seemed to be a human who had called him out by race.
Rikus: Demon? Where? Oh, you mean ME!
*Rikus said sarcastically[/i]
Rikus: Well, aren't you the observant type. Yes, I'm a demon. An Incubus, actually, but before I get your hopes up, don't expect any party tricks. Ha ha ha. My name is Rikus. Glad to meet your acquaintance. Do you have a name?
*Just then, Rikus was interrupted by a short shoe polisher who was making his rounds among the people visiting city hall.
Polisher: Would you allow me to polish your shoes for a pence?
Rikus: A pence? I thought you accepted Rupees.
Polisher: Ah, THAT kind of shoe polish. I'm afraid I won't be offering such services until I leave city hall. If you're after such services, follow me.
*Rikus looks over at Soma.
Rikus: Got that, friend?
Shadow's ears pricked up making a small bulge in his hood, even pressed down he had been specifically listening for the word daemon. Crap, don't tell me someone spotted me. he looked over in the direction of the voice, slightly relieved that it had just been his hearing that made it sound so loud after seeing the calm faces of most of the people in the market, Knew it was trouble coming here. He thought as he turned and ran down a nearby alleyway in case the man who spotted him was a slayer.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
OOC: Yes I mean you. the Others aren't here

OOC: Location: Braggarfall Town Hall

IC:

Soma was holding the grip of his sword prepared to attack the Demon until he saw the mark under Riku's shoulder what? please don't tell me he's one of my comrades now Soma put his sword on his back and it took too much work to calm down himself, he was waiting for a VERY good explanation "Call me friend again, and prepare to feel the most horrible pain ever" A cold expresion appear on his face while looking at the Demon "Let's finish this as soon as posible, I can't stand the presense of a LIVING demon" He said as he follow the polisher.

OOC: THE BEST ALLY EVER!!!!
OOC: And he's not racist.

IC:

Jake stared off to the arguing duo, he scratched his cheek with a finger and then looked towards the big Ox on the floor, a good, deep wound on its back through his chest. "Well guess my allies aren't weak and just show offs. I'm glad they get along so well" the dragon said to himself, rolling his eyes left as he followed both the demon and the crusader knight, though he couldn't help noticing the still unconcious old man, "Hey you okay?" Jake asked, going to the mayor and picking him up softly.

The old man coughed, "Last time I saw a considerate... gah- dragon... they were just after the king's minerals..." he said, "Is that why you're helping our cause against him?"

"Trust me I do not have the slight knowledge about history of my race" Jake said, before uttering a sigh and leaving the old man on a soft cushioned chair to let him rest. "But I'm here to help, that's all I can say I guess" Jake said, scratching his head with his claw.

"In that case, please take care of yourself. There are many organisations the King has not paid in a good while. And these two were just regular thughs."

"That's comfortable."

"Take this, it's not much, but it might help you in a pinch" the mayor said, picking up a rather big pouch full of medicinal herbs. "We have a nice amount of them, so this will help you if you come to be needing any cure."

Jake smiled, taking the pouch, "Thanks old man. I'll see about it, I got to catch up with my party anyway, see you!" the dragon said, then ran out to catch up with Soma and Rikus.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
DragonMasterX Wrote:Jake smiled, taking the pouch, "Thanks old man. I'll see about it, I got to catch up with my party anyway, see you!" the dragon said, then ran out to catch up with Soma and Rikus.

OOC: Thanks. I didn't want to get that involved, but I was beginning to think everyone was just going to ignore the old man.

OOC: Location: Braggarfall; in front of city hall.

*Rikus rolled his eyes and let out a huff.
Rikus: Such animosity. Settle down. We're all in this for the same reasons. The only thing that differs between you and I are the motivations that got us here. I'll warn you, though. The next time you decide to stare me down and draw your blade, you won't find it so easy to sheath again.
*Rikus turned his attention from the Human to the Dragon whom he'd assumed had been paying attention to the whole debacle.
Rikus: Humans... ha ha ha. I just wanted to apologize about my scene in the yard today. In afterthought, perhaps that was a... little over the top. You know what they say, though, first impressions mean the world. Unfortunately, you probably think I'm some kind of pompous magician now. Anyway, getting past all that, have you come across the shoe polisher yet? If not, I'll spare you the meeting.
*Rikus points at the shoe polisher merchant.
Rikus: We're supposed to follow him as he leaves the market place this afternoon. I'll keep a watchful eye on him if you want to attempt alerting the others. By the way, I don't think I've caught your name. What is it?
"I'm Jake, but you can call me Jake" the dragon said half-mindlessly as he looked around the place. He was still getting very amused and impressed at the structures around him. He was used to living in the mountains so it was kind of a new experience for him. "We got to body-guard him?" he inquired, looking at the demon.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad

Allistair had found Priest Mardahiem. A choir boy loitering the cathedral steps pointed his slouched figure sitting at the first pew's end, head down. Other shadows lingered within. Robed men hunched over racks of Our Lady Blessed Incense, sheparding a lit wicket across the rack, lilaq smoke drifting towards the rafters. Sunlight streamed broken colors, bathing him and the Priest in shifting hues. The incense smoke thickened.

When Allistair paused at the pew's arm, Mardahiem ignored him, mumbling into his robe cuff.

'Expecting me Priest?' Allitair inquired. The tails of his greatcoat swirled the fog of incense away.

"Many of our young boys aren't used to seeing..." He paused, delibrately. "You."

'Nonsense.' The inquistor sucked his teeth. 'Surely they saw what Inquisitor Loural did to your son?'

"Gregor was innocent, and they still took him to the pit. The inquisitor wouldn't let me keep his ashes and just smeared them in that damn book of his."

Allistair smiled. He wrapped a finger around the steel chain and pulled his diary enough for the filament title to show. Even with his head bowed, Mardahiem shivered. Allistair smiled.

'I simply keep a diary, Priest.'

The thick strands of hair rose slightly, enough to see the sloped forehead and the bridge of his nose. "To catalogue your dead. Each page with an imprint of the one you killed, innocent and not."

'Twenty heritics and creatures counting.' Allistair chimed. 'However, there's a page that's missing its entry.'

That straightened Mardahiem. His face was pudged, glistening with sweat. He refused to glance towards Allistair, his eyes wide like a child's. "I have done nothing Inquisitor!" He spat involuntarily.

'But you have.' Allistair crossed in front of Mardahiem and hovered his face near his, a pungent odor of barely between them. He could see moisture collecting in his eyes. 'And you have the privaledge of telling me.'

"Of what could interest you Inquisitor?"

'You ran into someone yesterday, coming out from the wood where you chop your lumber. Did he say anything to you?'

"I approached him." Marahiem locked gazes with Allistair. "When I was coming back from the pub."

'What would encourage a Priest to encroach said stranger?'

"I felt something about him, about his sword."

'A sword you say,' Allistair cooed venomously, 'and you still approached him?'

"Every creature deserves a chance Inquisitor.  I felt for the young man's safety, that blade was ill, it was cursed."

'What did he say?'

"Nothing much. Just confirmed my suspisions. I remember he wanted to get rid of it, inside Braggarfall."

Allistairs gaze narrowed. 'Did he now?'

Mardehiem wriggled in his place. "Yes sir."

'Did you catch his name?' The man shook his head. 'Then let me enlighten you.'

Allistair's hands were already flipping pages of his black journal. Each weathered page gave a glimpse into a life now expired, purged by his hands, and christined with their blood. Most of the pages remained pressed-new, however, the page his fingers stopped at were dyed red.

"God's Blood!"

'His name is Shadow. He's a Han'yo; half-daemon, half human. He inherited the ears of his father but the vessel skin of the mother, and looks like a human mutt.'  Allistair smiled again, watching the pupils across fom his grow wide, screaming. 'Would you like to know how I know?'

He let Mardehiem rise from the piew. "You're mad."

The moment felt perfect. Terror gripped his eyes as Allistair pressed the pages towards him, each markd with a stain of blood. His pupils reflected Allistairs scripture of 'Daemon' and 'Human' underneath.

"I killed his parents."
Rikus stared at Jake confused.
Rikus: Bodyguard whom?

Rikus glanced toward the market to keep an eye on the shoe polisher making his way through the thick of the crowd just to ensure he hadn't left yet. All of a sudden and without warning, Rikus felt a shrill and cold wind creep up his neck. He could sense something bad was about to happen, but he had little idea of what or whom t'would involve.

Rikus: Jake, if you know something I don't, I suggest you let me in on it. I feel something horrible is about to happen. I do hope I'm wrong, but until I know things are safe, oblige me, will you?
"Meant the polisher. You seem to have him as an important guy" Jake said confused. However at Rikus' question he couldn't help but wonder, "What's that all about? What could go wrong right now? Thought we were gone with those thugs."
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
OOC: Location: Braggarfall

Rikus: I simply have a feeling something big is about to go down. I really don't know if it has anything to do with the shoe polisher or our situation. I've had these feelings before and it's turned out to be nothing. All I'm saying is keep your eyes peeled for anything... suspicious.

Just then, the shoe polisher raised his hand and beckoned for Rikus, Jake, and Soma to follow. Rikus looked at Jake, then glanced at Soma and signaled that it was time to go.

OOC: At this point, if there's anyone still trying to get branded or talk to the shoe polisher, this isn't your last chance. You can choose to become fully inducted into the protector's guild or not. From this point forward, the storyline becomes extremely non-linear. You can practically do whatever you'd like. If you run into a storyline inconsistency, I'll PM or reply to you and let you know. No biggie.

IC: Rikus made his way over to the shoe polisher and awaited the others.

OOC: This is going to be a little tricky, DragonMaster and Mercenary. I'm going to control the shoe polisher from here on in. Just try to follow along. Please don't control the polisher as if he were a general NPC until I relinquish control. I'll let you guys know via OOC when I do.