Join our server on Discord

Best Final Bosses of all time
Well it's pretty clear that Naked Snake from Snake Eater is Big Boss. All signs point to it early on, particularly that the events of the game happen in the 60's, nearly a decade before the Les Enfants Terribles project that spawned his cloned children Liquid, Solid, and Solidus Snakes.

I think the big secret fo MGS3 was that Revolver Ocelot is the son of The Boss and The Sorrow.

Anyway, The Boss.

She's as tough during that battle as she protrays herself in all the scenes where she totally pwns Snake. She can easily CQC you and break a bone, disarm you, and shoot you from a far. Time is also not on your side, as a counter ticks down the seconds before the air strike. There are several ways to defeat her, but the most challenging (and thus, most rewarding) is to defeat her using CQC. In total, there are about four or five different throw and counter animations, which is a bit saddening. The battle would've been much more exciting and dynamic if there were, say, fifteen animations. Instead, you're generally treated to the same one over and over where she grabs you, you push her off, side step her, and crack her in the side of the head. It looks pretty funny, but in terms of realism, it's not what it could've been.

Most of the tricks you'd have used to get yourself that far in the game no longer work (like the Fake Death Pill and disguises), and her Patriot gun is powerful enough to deflect your bullets and do damage at the same time to prevent a prolonged gun battle from a distance. In the end, your two options of taking her down are long distance single shots with your guns or bringing her down with your fists.

As a final note, I felt they could've given her a better voice actor. Lori Allan's voice is too characteristic of Diane Simmons on Family Guy, and every time she spoke, all I could hear was her saying, "Oh, I don't think your wife would like that very much, Tom." Her voice was too mellifluous and soothing to be the voice of a battle hardened veteran. In retrospect, I think Kate Mulgrew (of Capt. Janeway fame) would've been an excellent choice.

Oh well. In the end, The Boss was one tough cookie who could take just about anyone down with few problems. Try and tangle with her on Extreme mode and you'll get a lesson in how much you suck in pretty short order.
amaterasu Wrote:I tried dragon gun.He kept moving out of the way. So I eventually decided a metal ape with gattling works.
Ok but the second time I think I ended up using the halo gun. Plus you need to master getting out of the cube first and dashing.

Crimson Fox Wrote:You're talking about the one for the Gamecube right, I used that combo too, barely beat him but it worked.
There, you see. It's possible, just hard. Wait till you try Ray Mrk three and the dragon against hadron. You have to lose the first or second fight. He cheats and you have to because of the story. But they have about 8 Rays in the game.

And just wait till you try MGS4. It seems to be really hard.
the Kingdom hearts series does have interesting multi teired boss battles ((Especally 1 and 2))

the only thing about those two is if you can beat Sephiroth then the final bosses are mostly a cake walk
The final bosses are already easy as pie in the KH series.
Like I said if you can beat Sephiroth in the KH series the final bosses will go down easily

but for a character to overshadow the games final boss like that Sephiroth has earned badass points and loads of them
Or lame ass points. And I think he earns those too.
In KH 1 and 2, you fought so many versions of the final boss, eventually you just go, "enough already!"

Although, the final battle against Xemnas was pretty awesome, and the Secret FMV make me eager for the sequel.
The OCA
"Xenmas" is an anagram of "man sex."
It's annoying enough I see that Xemnas stuff at gamefaqs,but here too?Psycho,alot of optional boss fights are tougher then the final boss.
senjuro Wrote:"Xenmas" is an anagram of "man sex."

lol! I saw that in Deviantart!

And yeah, the Xemnas battle was how you people say... "flashy".
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers