Join our server on Discord

Best Final Bosses of all time
They are in a way the most important part of the whole gaming experience. Your equal, your opposite, your enemy. The Final Bosses are your last tribulation in your quest or objective, whatever they may be.

A good Final Boss is memorable in some way, and nowadays, that is a rarity. Here are some of the Best Final Bosses of all time, and if you can come up with any, post them here as well.

Remember, post them by the name of the Final Boss first, what game they were in, then a brief summary of how they are one of the best of all time.

WARNING!:shock: There may be some sopilers here as well.:shock:

The Boss: Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

This has all the makings of not only a great Final Battle, but also a movie drama. The relationship and conflict between Snake and The Boss, the setting, the music, everything. The end of the fight is a real tear-jerker as well. The Boss's last line always gets me.

"There can only be one Boss... and one Snake."

The Egg: Saga Frontier 2

Despite having such a stupid name, the Final Battle against the Egg feels epic. Crossing almost an entire century of history- filled with war, personal conflict, and cursed lineage-, Saga Frontier 2 may be an old Playstaion game, but it is a rare gem worth playing.

Vandesdelca Musto Fende *or Van*: Tales of the Abyss

Namco Bandai did a great job with this installment or the Tales series. By the time you reach the end, Luke Fon Fabre feels like an entirely different person than who he started out to be. His fight against Asch and Van was to him mostly a fight to discover who he really was.

Van *Final Form*: "Goodbye... LUUUUUUKE!!!!"
The OCA
Lol! I remember that game! Luke looks like a chick with his hair cut!
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Yes, this one is cliche, but is my favourite.
POSSIBLE SPOILERS! PLEASE TURN AWAY BLAH BLAH...

Sephiroth
Final Fantasy 7.

Sephiroth actually came as not a surprise to the player, but became more of a gradually more evil enemy. He was there from the beginning, and seemingly grew stronger and more darker as the party grew stronger. You learnt more of him as you went along. He killed one of the character's- Aeris, which, in retrospect, people liked her a lot. He was the ultimate evil; he was more dangerous then Jenova, Shinra and the weapons put together. Added to that the fact he was able to manipulate minds, and had the first super-long sword... makes him unique. The last fight even compells you, you think you've won after defeating both his two monstrous forms; Bizarro and Sepher (Probably spelt wrong, but oh well), but then you get the surprise you have to fight him. AGAIN. But he's weak. Meteor FTW. Sephy rocks.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Lumina Part 1, Lumina Part 2 and Lumina Finale: Brave Fencer Musashi.

These boss fights are the best. I'll describe them in each instance (This will have lots of spoilers, remember):

Part 1: This monster is a giant muscled guy with horns, a demon in other words. He's summoned from the Lumina Sword Musashi carries in his adventure after one of the evil guys (forgot his name) breaks the last scroll seal and he's released. This isn't really a fight, but Lumina Part 1 absorbs anything it touches, so you're chased while you yourself chase Koshiro (Musashi's rival) that kidnaps the princess Musashi's supposed to protect/rescue. After the chase finishes, Koshiro demands Musashi to fight, the princess is sent flying up a tower by the explosions and Musashi tries to save her but Koshiro stops him. In the same minute, a new boss appears.

Part 2: As weird as it sounds, as Musashi goes to save the princess and Koshiro chases him, the demon before gets too near resulting in Koshiro getting absorbed by Lumina. This causes a metamorphosis to happen ending in the gigantic demon to transform into an even bigger monster, I simply love how he transforms: Legs start pumping and getting bigger and bigger, changing color from red to green and turning feet into claws. Torax and chest swell up massively, ending in the arms of the demon separating and falling off the new green uber-buffed body. Behind it a green tail comes with a very nasty sound along with two huge arms filled with muscly biceps and triceps ending with powerful looking claws. Finally the top opens and a lizard's head comes out.

Musashi: "Damn! It 'absorbed' Koshiro!"

A second chase starts, it looks a lot like King Kong on Lumina's side, but you get a tougher job to climb up. Eventually you meet with the princess and Musashi makes sure she's safe and then he reaches up to the top of the tower where the humongous lizard is waiting for Musashi. This fight is plain awesome, it's quite easy taking in mind you've pretty much been in all kinds of boss battles through the game using similar methods and this is not the exception. This has awesome music and effects, after the vitality bar is ripped away from the boss thanks to its core getting bashed by Musashi's sword, there's a massive explosion caused by the defeated monster. This gets you to the last part and most awesome boss ever.

Finale: The lizard roars and lots of lights come out of it, ending into a huge proportioned blast with good effects. After the white that impides your sight banishes, you're able to see the only debris: Lumina Finale's core. It starts absorbing energy around it and all of a sudden it gains shape. Finale looks like Koshiro in my opinion, it's floating all the time and having its arms extended most of the time too. This Koshiro imitation is totally and purely white in color, the only three things that you can distinguish are his chest, which has a small red orb, his forehead, that has another red orb, and then both his eyes that are red too.
I'm sure when you fight him each time he executes an attack the voice is Koshiro's, just slightly changed to fit a fusion-like tone. He just uses all the attacks Koshiro used and your scrolls. He changes colors each time he does a different attack.

Cyan Blue: Multiplies into 5 Lumina Finale(s) and surrounds you (Kinda like Double Team in Pokemon I believe) then charges one at a time.

Yellow: Jumps high up and comes down hitting the ground with full force creating massive shock-waves aimed to the whole stage.

Red: Launches two fire-streams that follow you around.

Blue: Launches a huge bubble up, then suddenly water meteors (wtf?) rain down on the battlefield.

Green: Grows two huge bird wings and flops them at you creating strong wings that attempt throwing you down the cliff.

Purple: Right arm turns into a sword which he uses to launch sonic-booms at you. (This is what I believe is Koshiro's skill)

The fun thing about this fight is that it's relatively easy to beat Lumina Finale. You just got to use Fusion (The other sword Musashi has) and use the 'Absorb' command to turn the boss into a core which you got to smash with Lumina (The big sword). A very, very VERY good fight. Specially after the ending.

Queen: Honey I'm sorry we didn't tell you we were going on holidays alone, but you had to destroy the castle?

Princess: It's your fault for leaving!

Musashi: Well, I think I'll be returning Lumina to its place.

King: Lumina?

Princess: Alright, thank you for your help. Good luck Musashi!

King: *Stands up totally bewildered* Musashi?! Who are you young boy?

Musashi: *Turns around* I'm the Brave Fencer Musashi, old man.

*Ending starts with theme music, WHICH SO TOTALLY ROCKS!*

I got another one but I got enough of typing for now lol.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I would say Mega Smith from Matrix Path of Neo fits here ((That thing was HUGE))
Normally I'd reserve a Final Fantasy game for best of topics but this is one catagory I never felt FF games excelled at more than other games.

The ones that stand out in this catagory are generally MGS games.
Gabumon Loverz
Veemon's Followers
Renamon's Army
Definately I would say the Metal Gear battles stand out

and I know he's not a final boss but the Sorrow was a GREAT "battle"
Vergil from Devil May Cry 3.

Charismatic, impatient, ambitious and powerful, Vergil used a Nodachi named Yamato, a sword that resembled Sephiroth's Masamune (albeit a little shorter), with expertise and grace and the power to match. He could move so fast, that using sonic booms was part of his arsenal. Vergil hates guns, deeming them not the weapons of a true warrior. Not that he needed them, instead, he used summoned swords.

Battle # 1: Dante was OWNED. Vergil was faster, stronger, and walked, not run, walked around as he proceeded to dice you. All of his attacks knocked you of your feet, while keeping his stoic demeanor, he would taunt you now and again. And even when you beat him, he impales you! And wins! He then combs his hair back calmly, and goes away.

Battle # 2: Vergil can now use his demon form, AND kick-ass kung-fu moves.

Final battle: He could now use Dante's broadsword moves. In the end, he leaves Dante a reminder of himself, and falls down to hell. In hell, he does battle with the prince of darkness, Mundus.

He's just SO COOL!!
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
I'm going to give you the all Genesis version.

Kingpin in Spider-Man
The first Spider-Man game, circa 1990. I can't beat him without using a cheat code.

Carnage in Maxium Carnage.
You really have to tag out often between Spider-Man and Venom to get the best of him.

Fitzroy in Wolverine: Adamantium Rage.
He's so tough I can't beat him. At best, I've gotten him down to 5% health, but he always manages to win.

Cyclopsis in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
On the hardest combat level, I can beat him as Dragonzord, but I still can't beat him as the Megazord. You really have to time your attacks right.

Janna in Ghostbusters.
You really need all three lives, not to mention a Peking duck, if you want to stand a chance. She throws a mean spinning knife, and she never stops closing in on you.

It's so hard to choose one Robotnik, but I would say the last boss in Sonic 3. You get hit once, and you can't collect your loose ring before it falls from the sky. That makes the battle pretty tough, but nothing I can't handle.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I think the best final boss is the person you would last expect to be the evil guy at the end. Thats why I choose Murai from Ninja Gaiden. Murai was Ryu Hayabusa's teacher and mentor ever since Ryu's father died protecting the Dark Dragon Blade. Ryu's home village is slaughtered and burned to the ground to find the greater fiend Doku stealing the Dark Dragon Blade and cutting Ryu down with a single strike. At the end you discover it was Murai all the time who was after the Dark Dragon Blade and ordered the attack on the Hayabusa Village. At the end Ryu has to eventually kill Murai.
The OCA