Join our server on Discord

Only the Best! ~ Fighting Games~
Quote:I think that was the sega version. The one I was talking about was mostly a zord and monster fighter. You fought ivan ooze at the end.
No, you're talking about the movie game now (also available for Genesis and Game Gear), but I'm talking about the original game for the systems.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib36dQAd0X4

This sums it up, I think, of what the game basically boiled down to.
Wow, that's the greatest three-minute assessment of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers I've ever seen. I especially liked the "fuck off when he asked for more money," and Asian yellow ranger and black black ranger commentaries.
I know that you saw me.
Wisemon Wrote:No, you're talking about the movie game now (also available for Genesis and Game Gear), but I'm talking about the original game for the systems.
No really, I'll look it up. And if ASJ didn't leave then you'd have three of the greatest rangers ever. Jason, tommy, and adam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1x0rBUh0-g&mode=related&search=

Here, this was the original NES game, the one I would've played if I had a Super Nintendo. Though not exactly a one-on-one fighting game, this one was probably the coolest of them.
I know that you saw me.
I'll always love Mortal Kombat series. They were my first fighting games. I started with my cousin's Ultimate Mortal Kombat for the SNES and I really got into it after I read the book to learn Brutalities and Fatalities. Always loved deciphrating the story till I got to see the series and movies. A very nice qualified game in my list.

Next would go any of the Street Fighter series, well, in fact, all capcom related fighting games. Go violence with anime-effects!

Misc games with small series would go to Killer Instinct, specially the 3D one, lol, never got tired of Sabrewulf's 151 hit combo.
Bloody Roar also has been one with most impact in me, both for the story and the effects.

Finally I'd grab the Darkstalkers series, I love all the characters' backgrounds, but it stays there.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Quote:I'll always love Mortal Kombat series. They were my first fighting games. I started with my cousin's Ultimate Mortal Kombat for the SNES and I really got into it after I read the book to learn Brutalities and Fatalities.
Fatalities are awesome, but I was only able to do a few for the Genesis version, and for some reason, none for Playstation's Trilogy.
I know that you saw me.
I haven't tried it yet. My friend did and he's commented a lot of good points in the game even though I haven't seen it. Is it kinda like the Arcade version in terms of graphics? Or it looks like the PSX version?
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I think the graphics were pretty close to the more recent Mortal Kombat games. You could use weapons and perform a few fatalites. There were a bunch of new characters in that game. Most of them weren't so great.
I know that you saw me.
Wisemon Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1x0rBUh0-g&mode=related&search=

Here, this was the original NES game, the one I would've played if I had a Super Nintendo. Though not exactly a one-on-one fighting game, this one was probably the coolest of them.
I remember that one. And this is what I meant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeHHlevBvwk&mode=related&search=
Also, the last current MK is out and according to wikipedia, we still don't know who actually won. But a lot of them ended bad.