Join our server on Discord

Only the Best! ~ Fighting Games~
Put your favorites on the line, favorite fighting games, and if you wish to explain you are more then welcomed here!!! As long as they are wait you want. No matter the platform, you may talk of more then one game in a platform, or one game out of all, the choice is yours....

Fighting Games That you love, put them down, and after a couple of posts I will write mine in this thread :P
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
The Tekken series are my personal favourite. Though the series got off to a rough start, by the time they reached Tekken 3, it was one of the most popular fighting game franchises of all time. In fact, Tekken 3 was ranked as #6 for the Greatest Playstation Games of All Time by GameRankings and #10 by GameSpot. It was pretty much a perfect port from the arcade with a few added bonuses like Tekken Force mode and a few new characters.

Another fighting game I really enjoy s Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha. The controls are super tight and responsive and, with enough time in the training room, the game teaches you how to pull off sick combos. Though the computer is sometimes obscenely cheap to the point of unbeatable (*coughGoukicough*) the game always manages to be fun. The music is some of the best ever heard in a fighting game. The music for Ken's and Sakura's stages is absolutely fantastic.

I've tried to like the Mortal Kombat series, but the developers continue to camouflage the lack of gameplay by making the computer AI so broken that you can't even do a jump kick without getting juggled across the screen in a series of about 30 hits. This was something they started back in the original and continues today.
Ah I've boughten a few fighting games, even though I'm bad at them. It confuses my older brother. Anyways, here I go:

Super Street fighter II: It goes without saying why. We still have the SNES version... heck we still have the SNES hooked up. I currently own the Street fighter Anniversary Collection which allows you to use any version character that existed... sadly the single player is rather limited as you can only go against Super Street fighter II Turbo character types. I could list lots here, even from my own head.

Tekken 3: already mentioned, but it is the only one I've really played and enjoyed. I have the Tag one, but I really don't count it.

Soul Caliber II: I bought the PS2 version since I only own a PS2. I basically bought this because I don't have a Dreamcast, for the original. It was a fun weapon fighter. I even have Soulblade which was before Soul Caliber.

Marvel Vs Capcom 2: I have this one for the X-box since it runs better than the PS2... and my older brother owns the X-box. A crazy fast paced game where, at times, characters seem to fly all over the screen.

Dragon Ball Tenkaichi 2: Some would contest if it is a fighter or not, but I'm putting it here. Now I have never been an avid fan of the series (I do enjoy the original Dragonball alot however), but I had to buy this game when I saw it. It is the closest game I've seen that actualy emulats the show. Originally, I started looking at the DBZ games when Budokai 2 came out, but I stalled since they were releasing a game every year. I stopped at DBZ: T2 since they are moving over to the next gen.
Mortal Kombat for Genesis wasn't bad, but I can never get the fatalities to work with Playstation. I would have to agree with assessment that it's overrated.

Anybody ever play Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighters for Genesis? I rented it once and thought it was pretty good.

I enjoy Yu Yu Hakusho Dark Tournament for PS2, but I can't get past the part where I'm supposed to keep hitting X really fast to absorb the spirit orb. Arcade mode is still fun. I kick butt as Yusuke.

Wrestling games make for pretty good fighting games. My custom character creams everyone in Smackdown. I've also slaughtered the ranks in Legends of Wrestling.

Okay, so what's the best fighting game ever? It's the one I always come back to... Mighty Morphin Power Rangers for Sega Game Gear. The Genesis version is a close second.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Guilty Gear XX 2 Midnight Carnival. Because it has a cast of ladyboy, vampire, witch with possesed hat, 4 metres high guy with paper bag over head, etc...

[Image: 16520_42538.gif]

His moves include turning into a rag and opening a door against people's faces, tossing bombs, and then swimming all over the place!!
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
Wisemon Wrote:Anybody ever play Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighters for Genesis? I rented it once and thought it was pretty good.

I enjoy Yu Yu Hakusho Dark Tournament for PS2, but I can't get past the part where I'm supposed to keep hitting X really fast to absorb the spirit orb. Arcade mode is still fun. I kick butt as Yusuke.

Okay, so what's the best fighting game ever? It's the one I always come back to... Mighty Morphin Power Rangers for Sega Game Gear. The Genesis version is a close second.
I have that game. If you ever come over to any place I live we might could play.
Zeph probably played that second game. And I played the third. You ever play the SNES game? Second and third season zord fighter with monsters.

MISTER BIG T Wrote:Guilty Gear XX 2 Midnight Carnival. Because it has a cast of ladyboy, vampire, witch with possesed hat, 4 metres high guy with paper bag over head, etc...

[Image: 16520_42538.gif]

His moves include turning into a rag and opening a door against people's faces, tossing bombs, and then swimming all over the place!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlcVYK7SPrs

Shows off his fancy moves.
I ever say how I don't like bridget? And I have the DS game. I hope they release the Wii game.
This one's good Faust video, disregard the previous one I gave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqsKzpDdd3Q
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
Well, Wisemon, I would say I played the SNES version of TMNT Tournament fighters, but, in case no one else knows, they are COMPLETELY different games. Yes, they have the four turtles, but they don't even use a similar engine. I enjoyed the SNES one more, even if it didn't have Cassy.

I also played a good deal of the power ranger one on the genisis. I enjoyed it back then, and I will still consider it a Power Ranger game.
Quote:You ever play the SNES game? Second and third season zord fighter with monsters.
You know, I never owned an NES, but I did play the game at a friend's house. I think it was the only version where you could fight as the rangers out of costume. Eye Guy is definitely one of my favorite monsters. If I had an NES, that would've been the first game I bought.

Quote:I also played a good deal of the power ranger one on the genisis. I enjoyed it back then, and I will still consider it a Power Ranger game.
I have to admit here that "best" is subjective. I'm just a sucker for simplicity.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I think that was the sega version. The one I was talking about was mostly a zord and monster fighter. You fought ivan ooze at the end.