Join our server on Discord

sex vs head being chopped down
I guess the censors believe that they know what's best for the public in general. Passion, sex, and profanity have been around forever so what are they trying to accomplish? What is their goal? To surpress and rerdirect these natural desires toward something a little more unnatural - senseless violence & gore. Which would you prefer?
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Gabumon Loverz
kalyx2549 Wrote:I guess the censors believe that they know what's best for the public in general. Passion, sex, and profanity have been around forever so what are they trying to accomplish? What is their goal? To surpress and rerdirect these natural desires toward something a little more unnatural - senseless violence & gore. Which would you prefer?

Well, I prefer sex and nudity any day. We're all born naked. I found it disturbing when I had colorized a picture of a mutilated woman for Dooms 4 and asked for a feedback, I was told "Its' good but you should put sweater on her if you think little kids"....... As if her being nude was somehow more shocking that she was mutilated and scarred. Really, if it's somehow more acceptable to show people mutilated beyond recognizition but not okay to show them naked, there's something seriously wrong in our society.

Btw, here's the image if anyone's curious.

http://www.givemebeer.caliburgames.com/Saki.png

Yeah, her being nude is clearly the worst aspect of the image.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
True but can you be desensitized to nudity and sex like some people say they are to violence? I never met anyone that is but it still bothers me.
I agree completely.. Personally.. I don't really like violence.. but I don't have a problem seeing people going at it.. I don't like people watching me going at it.. but I don't have a problem seeing others do it..

I am not offended by scenes of violence in movies or anythign like that.. I just don't like actualy violence.. I don't even really like fighting unless I am trying to protect someone else... Hasn't happened often.. mostly because it is usually me that is getting attacked by people. But I have a big strong man with me now, so I don't need to worry as much anymore.. people tend to be afraid of someone who looks like he could tear their arms off... Of course.. if they knew him, they wouldn't be afraid at all... he is as gentle as a kitten :P

Oops.. got off track there... um.. where was I? Oh yea.. I think the real reason they censor sex and stuff is not because people are actually offended by it.. but because they think of the way people blame their violence on violent movies.. and don't want to see people blaming their bastard children on sexy movies.
funny thing....it just so happens that i have to do a school project on censorship.....i'm gonna have fun with this....
Veemon's Followers