Join our server on Discord

Quote:You do know that the 300 Spartans got absolutely creamed in the Battle of Thermopolis

I think you mean the Battle of Thermopylae .

And yes, I'm well aware of the battle that the movie is based on. However, the fact remains that even though they were all killed, they sold themselves at a hefty price (20,000 Persians died in the battle) and their sacrifice was not in vain. Their sacrifice bought enough time for Athens to prepare for what would be a decisive naval battle that decided the outcome of the war (which ended with Battle of Plataea, the beginning of which was shown at the end of the movie). So even though the Spartans lost that battle, they still won the war, which is what counts above all.
I haven't seen the movie, yet. (I'll probably wait for it to come out on DVD.) If it's any thing like Sin City, which was another Frank Miller adaptation, it was stylized after a comic book format, but was quite violent and gruesome, none the same. Definitely a solid "R" movie.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Gabumon Loverz
..Wise, you take movies way too fucking seriously.
This movie was primarily based on the Graphic Novel that was based loosely on the historic events so it wasn't meant to be accurate to history, but primarily to the Graphic Novel.

I too found it to be a fantastic film that was filmed beautifully.
Okay so the movie is based on the comic. How many people going there will know that? It's hardly an excuse to say that it is based on a comic since the comic isn't accurate either. I say, throw them both out. I know nothing is perfect, especially when it comes to films, but it should be at least half decent. It's about as strange as Roland... proof that history can repeat itself I suppose. But people these days only seem to how they feel.
Quote:I think you mean the Battle of Thermopylae
Microsoft Word had no problem with my spelling of it. It's Greek for "hot city," right?

Quote:So even though the Spartans lost that battle, they still won the war, which is what counts above all.
...until they were conquered by Alexander the Great (I think; I'm not exactly sure, but I know they were conquered).

Quote:..Wise, you take movies way too fucking seriously.
I know; you should see me break down the political undertones of Star Wars Episode III.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Quote:Microsoft Word had no problem with my spelling of it. It's Greek for "hot city," right?

Hot Gates, actually.
wise, Alexander the Great was Greek. dunno about the conquered part.
The Infamous Boss Reo Wrote:..Wise, you take movies way too fucking seriously.
Everyone is it seems. Think of the source.

Wisemon Wrote:I know; you should see me break down the political undertones of Star Wars Episode III.
I think I heard something like that before. But I have that movie. And can talk about a bunch of stuff like that. It'd be like MST3000.
Quote:Hot Gates, actually.
Oh, well that explains why I spelled it wrong.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against