Join our server on Discord

300 was a great movie.
More blood and corpse than total 7 seasons of CSI. :Eek:
Luckily government didn't censor much...
[Image: Renamon2.jpg]
The government does not censor movies, and 300 is a terrible movie. There's nothing worse than a movie that attempts to be historical fiction, but strays way too far from accuracy. It's no different than the Passion of the Christ.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
In Starsh and Hursh movie, they censored that last part where the bad guy threw the girl to sea. Hills have eyes also got censored. I was so surprised that i could see head flying around in 300.lol
[Image: Renamon2.jpg]
Quote:There's nothing worse than a movie that attempts to be historical fiction, but strays way too far from accuracy. It's no different than the Passion of the Christ.

Few historical movies can be totally, 100% accurate. And even if they could, the plague of political correctness makes it so that lying to keep from offending a certain race or religion or whatnot is more important than historical accuracy.
I personally found 300 to be a fantastic film, frankly I didn't think they ever intended it to be historically accurate at all, instead taking full artistic license. Anyone who goes in thinking it to be historically accurate is going to be understandably disappointed. Don't ever go to see a movie assuming anything, just take it for what it is, and never listen to critics, that's my motto.
That's pretty much what I do and what I think a lot of people need to do. Just watch the movie; let the Critics judge it.
People forget that it's a movie based off a comic book and it's not supposed to be deep or have any real meaning. That's like people complaining about the ghost rider movie.
Quote: it's not supposed to be deep or have any real meaning.

It had plenty of meaning for me. During the movie, I actually wanted to be there, in that battle. The Spartans' pride in being Spartan is like the pride I have in being an American.
UnknownH Wrote:People forget that it's a movie based off a comic book and it's not supposed to be deep or have any real meaning. That's like people complaining about the ghost rider movie.

Oh man this so fucking hard. People seem to forget it is based off a comic book by Frank Miller.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
Quote:The Spartans' pride in being Spartan is like the pride I have in being an American.
You do know that the 300 Spartans got absolutely creamed in the Battle of Thermopolis (on which this movie is very loosely based).
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against