Join our server on Discord

Poll: Is genetic experimentation the Future?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
22.22%
4 22.22%
No
0%
0 0%
Seems unrealistic
27.78%
5 27.78%
Sign me up and do experiment on me
50.00%
9 50.00%
All genetic experimentation is wrong
0%
0 0%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Is genetic experimentation the Future?
Has anyone played the game bloody roar? That's my idea or something similar. You can turn it off and it can be used for more then just a bunch of pervy people. (heh heh)
I believe that genetic manipulation will occur, in the future, especially when it comes to genetic defects and illnesses. If, somewhere down the road, it becomes feasible to alter or augment ones genetic structure to add traits or features, it will be so. Money talks when it comes to medical procedures - and this procedure would be expensive, indeed! If, in a perfect world, where this would become affordable to everyone, I'm sure that more than a few people would jump at the chance. Like Altima, I would opt for a change. This human condition is sort of mundane. :(
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Gabumon Loverz
So if you would consider getting this sort of thing done would you still be considered as a homosapien (spelt wrong) or would you be considered as a canine or part of the otter or feline family? What about going out and getting a job? Will the companies allow geneticly altered people with fur and tails work on the job?

On another note if the government or taxes paid for the research for this, no offense to those who want to do it but why waste all the money for this research when there are much more important problems like Cancer, Aids, hell even Colds are now becomming a problem.
The OCA
yeah. why waste money on trivial things like having fur instead of skin when theres mre omportant things like disturbed said. :?
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
(Homo sapien is spelled correctly, two words though.) That would be something that the geneticists, in the future, would have to work out. I suspect people would be considered a genetically altered homo sapien. If the person wanted to be considered canine or feline, for example, it would up to them. As for the job situation, that would something to deal with in the future, if and when this technology came about. I mean look at the discrimination which still goes on today, which shouldn't. Race, sex, weight, creed, sexual orientation... I'm sure that if this situation came up in the workplace, after they were hired, that the proper protective wear and clothing would have to be worn to prevent "accidents". If you were pertaining to a distraction at work, I'm sure it'd be not much different than people with tatoos, piercings, radical hair styles, etc. If the employee has the abilities and their "attire" does not interfere with company policies, then there shouldn't be a problem.
As for the government research, I believe that the medical industry has too much at stake to "cure" diseases and would rather "treat" them. A cure or better and less expensive treatments may be "out there", but we probably won't see them in our lifetime.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Gabumon Loverz
kalyx2549 Wrote:(Homo sapien is spelled correctly, two words though.) That would be something that the geneticists, in the future, would have to work out. I suspect people would be considered a genetically altered homo sapien. If the person wanted to be considered canine or feline, for example, it would up to them. As for the job situation, that would something to deal with in the future, if and when this technology came about. I mean look at the discrimination which still goes on today, which shouldn't. Race, sex, weight, creed, sexual orientation... I'm sure that if this situation came up in the workplace, after they were hired, that the proper protective wear and clothing would have to be worn to prevent "accidents". If you were pertaining to a distraction at work, I'm sure it'd be not much different than people with tatoos, piercings, radical hair styles, etc. If the employee has the abilities and their "attire" does not interfere with company policies, then there shouldn't be a problem.
As for the government research, I believe that the medical industry has too much at stake to "cure" diseases and would rather "treat" them. A cure or better and less expensive treatments may be "out there", but we probably won't see them in our lifetime.

yeah i was talking to altima about this on MSN. i bet you any money if people genetically altered themselves, there would definately be "furry" discrimination and the such. it would be like blacks and whites all over again, except with humans and furries.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Yes, it's too bad that we all just can't get along and live and let live. One of the best storylines, that comes to mind, that deals with a variety of species living together was Steve Gallacci's Albedo series. That was one of my earliest introductions to the furry world, but by no means the first.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Gabumon Loverz
I would consider them still human, and I say they should still be called such.
As long as we're going with fictional versions of humanity, I happen to like being descended from a sculpture breathed to life by God, thank you very much.

That's not to say that a few minor genetic enhancements like say... a stronger build and full adult lactose tolerance wouldn't be appreciated.
Seems like a cool idea for biological, genetic and mental disorders.

But walking around with fur and tail would be like being a free black slave trotting around the South in the 1860's.

Oh, God, I hope it never sees cosmetic use, though....I do NOT want another 500,000 dumb-as-shit Paris Hilton impersonators walking around the city...

What about augmentations for health, too? Stronger bones, tougher skin, enhanced endurance...that could unbalance a lot in the world, though, so it would have to be monitored VERY closely.