Join our server on Discord

Favorite Final Fantasy game
No one mentioned FFTactics! That game kicked ass!
Never played tactics for the playstation, but I did play the one for the Gameboy, which I didn't really enjoy. I just couldn't really find the plot in it so I just stopped playing and moved to Fire Emblem.

As for the sequels I kinda would like to have one for FFVIII. Even if the story was pretty much finished I would still enjoy one; the closest thing I have seen for it was Kingdom Hearts. Only because it contained those characters though.
Shadowknight Wrote:The reasoning was that exposure to the GF (Guardian Force AKA summons) caused memory loss. Kinda pathetic reason but a reason all the same.

That's even more stupid. You never stopped using GF's for a moment unless when listening to characters talking, so they couldn't have gotten their memories back if it was really the reason.

And honestly, it didn't even add all that much to the plot...

"She's part of our orphanage gang! We must save her!!"
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
I don't understand the reasons either.. never beat that one... Never got that far into it either... Got done with disc one, don't remember what happened.. couldnt play anymore 'cause my disc was bad.
aguy Wrote:Never played tactics for the playstation, but I did play the one for the Gameboy, which I didn't really enjoy. I just couldn't really find the plot in it so I just stopped playing and moved to Fire Emblem.

FFT for PS has a ton of plot. I still don't know what the hell is going on at the end and I've played it through a whole bunch of times. Another good one for plot is Vandal Hearts II. DAMN that game had some good writers.
I for one dont really care for a story or plat in and RPG. I know I know the story is what makes the game blah blah. The reason I liked FF7 the most out of all of them is that the battle system was simple and clean, same goes for the Materia. Even though getting your new Limit Breaks was a bit confusing at first..I just thought it was at random at one point :P.

FF8: The story confused me from the very start so I didnt pay attention to that much. The battle system was pretty much the same as FF7 except for the pressing of the X button at a certain time making them crit...well I never got anybody else to do that except Squall. I also like how different GFs can learn abilities and addon attributes to its user which was nice. I did not like however the Drawing Magic system. I thought that was completely stupid aswell as equiping the spells to your attributes. If you put Tornado on you Str attribute...you cant use that spell in a fight or your just going to weaken your characters...same goes for other attributes. How you got new weapons was stupid how you had to go out and get items from different monsters to god knows where they are..I ended up trying to fight Ultimacia with all the initial weapons.

FF9: This game I thought was...cute..thats it. The story was actually fairly simple untill the end which confused the holy fuck out of me as soon as you went to the world with all the Zidanes. The battle system was fairly nice back to characters with individual abilites and talents. I thought Trance Kuja along with "Dark Messanger" was a very cool boss battle.

FFX: First and pretty much only FF to go on the PS2 which wasnt bad. Battle system I thought was completely awsome. Being able to switch characters and items in mid battle was nice to have. I'd have to say my Tidus, Auron, and Wakka was always my main three because well in the end I completed the whole sphere grid with all of them...so there was no need for Yuna or anyone else..as well as having Auto-Pheonix Down, Auto-Potion, and Auto-Remedy on all of them was very nice.
The OCA
Disturbed Wrote:FF8: The story confused me from the very start so I didnt pay attention to that much. The battle system was pretty much the same as FF7 except for the pressing of the X button at a certain time making them crit...well I never got anybody else to do that except Squall.

Heh, you press R1, and the only characters who crit that way are Squall and Seifer.
senjuro Wrote:
Disturbed Wrote:FF8: The story confused me from the very start so I didnt pay attention to that much. The battle system was pretty much the same as FF7 except for the pressing of the X button at a certain time making them crit...well I never got anybody else to do that except Squall.

Heh, you press R1, and the only characters who crit that way are Squall and Seifer.

And I thought it was a universal thing with all the characters :P
The OCA
My top three Final Fantasy titles are V, XII, XI: Online -- in that order.

Let me run down the reasons...

#1 - Final Fantasy V: This is the first game with a well executed job system, which allows you to utilize the skills you have gained in another job (or several as the Unclassed or Mime jobs). While III beat V to the job system, V refined it by giving job-specific abilities, traits, and skills which you could actually master and pass on to your next job. Coupled with an engaging, if somewhat clich
I played 5, 6, 7 and 8.
My favorite....
NONE!!!!
I think it's an horribly overrated saga. Its quality, except for the graphics, it's middle to low rate (and even the graphics suck, because the characters don't have expressions, especially in the horrible 8 (the most PWP RPG in history)). 95% of characters are a bunch of stereotypes with no life at all; besides, most of them have a smurf-type (one dimensional) personality. The music sucks except in some battles and the chorus ones; and the storylines are unnnecessary overloaded with angst in a failed attempt to make them deeper. The missions are often boring. The gauge system is simply meaningless (I personally think gauge systems sucks, but games like Grandia or Hoshigami managed to make it more graceful).
It's just my honest, unbiased opinion.

If I do have to choose a favorite, I go with the 6th, mostly because it has the only FF mission in which I actually had fun (Zozo).