Join our server on Discord

Favorite Final Fantasy game
What's your favorite Final Fantasy game. Mine would probably be eight, mainly though because that was the first one I played.
Final Fantasy 7 hands down. It was such a good game I didnt mind the sketchy graphics, but remember it was Square Softs first try at making a Final Fantasy onto the Playstation so yeah the graphics werent all that great, but I still liked it. Final Fantasy 7 is one of those few games that I know from top to bottom where everything is and how to do everything.
The OCA
I can similarly go through VII, but only cause I've played it the most.

That said, I still think that Final Fantasy VI is my favourite, followed by X, then VIII. IX and VII didn't really do it for me. I guess I have it out for odd numbers or something. ^_^
IX had the most personality and an interesting villian. Sadly, I think that Necron was a bit of a cop out.
Herr Mullen Wrote:IX had the most personality and an interesting villian. Sadly, I think that Necron was a bit of a cop out.

My thoughts exactly when I fought him. As soon I beat Kuja along with his big monster thing I was like Yay!! I beat the game. Then this big blue fuck rolls in as soon I saw Necron I'm like "WHO THE FUCK IS NECRON?!" He was never ever mentioned nor seen throughout the whole game except for the last few minutes :/ wtf
The OCA
FFVII for me as well, it was the first one I had ever played and I really liked the materia system and storyline. Graphics were kind of an issue but considering it was the first Final Fantasy to go to Playstation it wasn't really a big deal.

After that I would probably go: FFIX (I agree about Necron, but otherwise a great game), then FFVIII (there were things I liked and didn't like about the Draw system), followed by FFVI (plenty to do and I felt the Esper system was pretty good), and FFIV (it's just a good classic).
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
I liked FFIII (the japanese version, not FFVI, and havent played the new version that came out on the DS) the best at first.. but I'm liking FFVI now that I am playing it again. FFIV is pretty cool too, but I don't own that one so I havent played it in awhile.. I have a copy of FFV but it doesnt work for some reason, so I've never really played it.
The OCA
Be surprised at my line.

FFIV
FFVII
FFVIII
FFIX
FFX

Four rocked, in my opinion. It's always going to be my favourite alongside FFVII, which I loved mostly for it's hard, solid and quite complex plot, characters, dialogue and events :3 Squaresoft made a real legend when they put it onto the PSX. For it's time, it was one of the greatest RPGs made, that WAS the graphics of the era. So... I guess that's why.

VIII? Had to be one of my favourites. Although I can't remember sections of the story, I still liked the magic/draw system thing. Oh, and what's his name with the gun again? ^-^;;

X? I gotta say that one was their first attempt to go to the PS2, so I guess it was alright....
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Quote:X? I gotta say that one was their first attempt to go to the PS2, so I guess it was alright....

Though I still have a love lust for FFVII I DID however loved the battle system for FFX. I liked how you can switch characters on the fly, switch gear for a turn. The Sphere grid I also thought was genius, at the start characters had their own line of abilties to learn..but as you get that character's sphere grid filled the leveling doesnt stop there. With an unlocking Sphere you can go into other character's sphere grids and get THEIR abilities aswell. Like with Tidus, Auron, and Wakka I had all three of their Sphere grids done as well as most of the entire sphere grid. They all had Ultima, Holy, Curaga, Mug, All of the black magic spells..it was beautifal.
The OCA
Since I haven't played FFVII yet: FFVIII, FFX, FFX-2- er- that's it.

I didn't really like FFIX- I only played half of it- and I just played it because Freya, Fenrir, Ifrit and Shiva were there!

I didn't like FFXII that much either- THEY TURNED IFRIT, SHIVA a FEW OTHER "Eidolons" Into AIRSHIPS!! No Ifrit/Shiva/Leviathan Summons!? YAAAHH!!!

SPOILERS AHEAD:

News about FFVII: The intro was used to demonstrate the graphics engine of the PS3! I've seen it- it's awesome! But it's unconfirmed whether they're making a remake of it or not. Well, if the story is as good as I've heard- they've better!

News about FFXIII: Besides being the first game that will be released for the PS3- Get this- the Hero is a FEMME!! FINALLY!! She's the only original femme hero I know- Yuna doesn't count since she's from FFX. What's cool about her? She wields dual convertible Uzi/Gunblades!!!! Isn't that awesome!? As usual, this game has no relevance to the past Final Fantasy games- though set in the same world perhaps- it's still a whole new story. Oh yeah- the battles are real time. Limitbreaks are called "Overclocks" (Overclock-Mode- think hypertime!). The woman's name is "Lightning"- or maybe it's just her code name.

News about Final Fantasy Versus XIII: It's NOT a sequel or prequel to FFXIII. It's not a beat-em-up/Versus game. Apparently, Versus means "To change direction", In English "To Opose".
The protagonist is a mysterious young man with dark blue hair and crimson eyes. He is the last heir to a dynasty ruling the only remaining city in the world to control crystals. He protects his home from marauders that would conquer the city and take the crystals as their own. He wields a number of different weapons, including swords, spears, and lances, and can even induce them (telekinetically or otherwise) to move in the air independently of him and form a whirling barrier around himself. He has also demonstrated the power of instantaneous teleportation and the barrier that his swords create seems capable of repelling a close range missile blast.

Source: Wikipedia.

Hint: Type Final Fantasy XIII or Final Fantasy Versus XIII/ Final Fantasy XIII Versus on youtube for fun! Also try typing FFVII PS3!