Join our server on Discord

Favorite Final Fantasy game
Tough one. They don't really get too exciting until about FF7. I'd say FF7 had the most difficulty (If you've faced sephiroth you'll agree). FF9 was nice because it went back to it's traditional FF roots with the classes and stuff. FF10 was nice because it had voice acting, good graphics, a hot goth chick, but loses points because the main hero looks like an idiot and acts like a ninny (If you've seen his little laughing thing you'll agree). FF10-2 was kinda fun, but REALLY girly and I was a bit peeved at paying 50 bucks to play pretty princess dress up. Not even counting 11. FF12 I haven't played much of yet but, No stupid love story (Yet) fun battles, and a hot bunny girl. The loss of summons does suck though.

Personal favorite...

Final Fantasy 8.

Favorite characters, good story, fun mechanics, it was just alot of fun. And Squall will still be my favorite FF character. EVER!
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
FFX because thats the only one i've played and it has Kimahri :D
Gunter VanCrimson Wrote:I didn't like FFXII that much either- THEY TURNED IFRIT, SHIVA a FEW OTHER "Eidolons" Into AIRSHIPS!! No Ifrit/Shiva/Leviathan Summons!? YAAAHH!!!

Excuse me? How did you get a hold of FFXII when it's only just become avaliable for pre-order in the EU?
Disturbed Wrote:
Quote:X? I gotta say that one was their first attempt to go to the PS2, so I guess it was alright....

Though I still have a love lust for FFVII I DID however loved the battle system for FFX. I liked how you can switch characters on the fly, switch gear for a turn. The Sphere grid I also thought was genius, at the start characters had their own line of abilties to learn..but as you get that character's sphere grid filled the leveling doesnt stop there. With an unlocking Sphere you can go into other character's sphere grids and get THEIR abilities aswell. Like with Tidus, Auron, and Wakka I had all three of their Sphere grids done as well as most of the entire sphere grid. They all had Ultima, Holy, Curaga, Mug, All of the black magic spells..it was beautifal.

Play the game with NO SPHERE GRID. It's possible!

Quote:
Quote:Gunter VanCrimson wrote:
I didn't like FFXII that much either- THEY TURNED IFRIT, SHIVA a FEW OTHER "Eidolons" Into AIRSHIPS!! No Ifrit/Shiva/Leviathan Summons!? YAAAHH!!!

Excuse me? How did you get a hold of FFXII when it's only just become avaliable for pre-order in the EU?

Isn't there a trailer for it or something, Herr?~

Shadowknight Wrote:And Squall will still be my favorite FF character. EVER!

Heh, that's our Shadow xP
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Shindou Kurtz Wrote:Play the game with NO SPHERE GRID. It's possible!

Yes, what is it now? NSGNONSNC? No sphere grid, no overdrives, no summon, no customization?

I always liked Final Fantasy VIII because I so desperately wanted to go to Garden. I'm too old now, but it would've been so cool to have been a student.
To choose a favorite Final Fantasy... Hmm...

Final Fantasy 1-3 I found horrible and did not play longer than two minutes.

Final Fantasy 4 was simply said, awesome. I loved the characters, the music, the plot, and everything.

[Image: Final_Fantasy_4_SNES__531333.jpg]

Fuck yes!!

Final Fantasy 5 I never really liked. I played it up to the point where you get Cid though.

Final Fantasy 6 has always had a soft spot in my heart. It's character build up, storyline, music, and just about everything is masterfully done and memorable. Also it has the series best and most sadistic villain.

[Image: 049.jpg]

Don't worry even though you're a general of an army and have no prior skills of singing whatsoever. You're still able to take a lead in a opera without any preparation at all whatsoever and no one will notice.

Final Fantasy 7 was my favorite rpg for the longest time. Then I turned out 12. All kidding aside, the game really isn't as timeless as the earlier games and some of the game is horrible eyesore.

[Image: band_aeris.jpg]

You may feel sorry for Aeris and her demise. That's because you're insane. She's bunch of polygons and is inable to feel pain or emotions.

I also absolutely was bored to death during Final Fantasy 8. I played to CD 3 before saying "Screw this" and went to play something less tedious and better. Like live a live for example. The gameplay was horrible and rewarded your leveling up with back hand to the face by leveling the monsters up. Because nothing's more fun than always being weak and utterly incompetent when compared to your foes!! But the plot had something about girl going comatose for some reason at the end of Disc 2 and then the main hero goes all emo and starts to rip off Shinji from Evangelion with all whiny talks about how she's the only one for him. (Although, he does not end up masturbating all over Rinoa's comatose body so he's not nearly as insane and depraved which somewhat steals the entire point of insane emo and comatose girl) And *everyone* in the game were from the same orphanage but they had all forgotten it for no reason at all whatsoever. No, really.

[Image: FF8zell.jpg]

Your imbecile friend is the only hero of the world who's almost able to kill himself with a hot dog.

Final Fantasy 9 I've never even played.

Final Fantasy 10 I loathe. I hate hate HATE this game. I never want to go anywhere near it again.

Final Fantasy 10-2 seemed actually better than the original. It skipped all the bullshit, gave you great way of battling, and character developement and such. There's counteless options of doing the characters, the dress sphere system works just like the old job systems and it's solid. It also offers better mission styled gameplay that'd make for easier and less linear way of playing. So leave it to the fan boys to cry it's the worst game in the series. :roll:

[Image: Final%20Fantasy%20X-2%20-%20Yuna%202.jpg]

Yuna is a summoner turned into a popstar whose clothes are possesed. No, seriously.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
MISTER BIG T Wrote:And *everyone* in the game were from the same orphanage but they had all forgotten it for no reason at all whatsoever. No, really.

The reasoning was that exposure to the GF (Guardian Force AKA summons) caused memory loss. Kinda pathetic reason but a reason all the same.

MISTER BIG T Wrote:So leave it to the fan boys to cry it's the worst game in the series. :roll:

They complained because Squar only talked about how there was going to be a sequel to an FF game. Everyone started talking about FF7-2 or something and then they got FF10-2 so they were pissed about that. It's not a game that sucked, simply a game no one wanted.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
If Advent Children is any indication what sequel to FF 7 would be, I'd rather take FF X-2 anyday.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
I really liked FFX. I just wish they hadn't let you change Tidus' name so the voice actors wouldn't be continually stumbling around addressing Tidus directly. "Hey you. New guy." Painful. But not as painful as the laughing scene in Luca.
I laughed during that part, but it was more out of pity than enjoyment. Wheither it was pity for Tidus for being that stupid, Yuna for believing him, or me for not smashing my head against a wall during the ordeal.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad