Join our server on Discord

Only for the smart.
Neofire Wrote:Yessir!
And Darkleomon, would you mind giving us the right answer? We have a conflict here!

The right answer was given already by someone else.. six mages.
The OCA
Okay, I got a good one.

If it's 0 degrees outside, and the weatherman says it's going to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold will it be?
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Paper is getting pretty warm, i would have taken tissue manuscript, or origami. something that is really thin but can make a pretty swan, which can flap its wing. So close ;P
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
You can't make anything twice of zero. Or failing that, somewhere in - degrees.
I say it's -8,8 degrees. I made a simple calculation:
0 Celsius: 32 Fahrenheit.
If it's gonna be double cold, I can cut the 32 in half, which gives 16 Fahrenheit=-8,8 Celsius degrees.
*shrugs* Can't think of anything else.
Shadowknight Wrote:Okay, I got a good one.

If it's 0 degrees outside, and the weatherman says it's going to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold will it be?

hehe you cant measure cold.

but if you want to be logical. if you are talking celsius= -136.575
fahrenheit=-229.83502

i came up with these by using the kelvin scale
Quote:The right answer was given already by someone else.. six mages.
Thank you...I was that someone else. 8)
Quote:hehe you cant measure cold.

but if you want to be logical. if you are talking celsius= -136.575
fahrenheit=-229.83502

i came up with these by using the kelvin scale
Uh..isn't that the same I said?

And Lonely Gabu, time to show the answer. I can't think of anything.
Neofire Wrote:Uh..isn't that the same I said?

No, the fahrenheit and celsius scales do not show the actual thermal energy. Kelvin is based on absolute zero(the temp. is so cold the molocules are not moving) so it is the one that you are able to do the calculation with, I first took 0 celsius converted it to kelvin, divided it by 2, and converted it back, then took fahrenhiet and did the same.

unknown said you cant divide by zero, I said you cant measure cold.
I mean you used the same way of thinking it out, only that you used Kelvin/Celsius/Fahrenheit instead of Celsius/Fahrenheit like I did. Though it's true that the Kelvin scale is the best for measuring cold, it's exactly the same if you use centigrades. One starts from the absolute zero, and the other has a zero at the point that water freezes, but it's the same thing. I am not good at Fahrenheit, but converting Celsius and Kelvin is possible and easy:0 Kelvin=-273 Celsius. And yeah, you have a point when you say you don't measure cold; you measure heat. But I guess there is a way of measuring cold by turning the question around.
So, if you use the Kelvin scale, zero degrees Celsius = 273 K. If it's twice as cold, then it's half as warm - so the temp. would be 136.5 K or -136.5 Celsius. Zero degrees Farenheit would be -18 Celsius or 255 K. Again, half as warm would be 127.5 K or -145.50 Celsius. That sounds logical, doesn't it?
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Gabumon Loverz