Join our server on Discord

Poll: Whats do you belive?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other (please explain)
27.78%
5 27.78%
reborn as something else
5.56%
1 5.56%
Reborn as another person
22.22%
4 22.22%
Sent to an after life
16.67%
3 16.67%
Rot in a grave
27.78%
5 27.78%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Out with a bang
Of course there's life after death. We go back to where we once were. We became intertwined with the material world somehow when we're conceived, and we get separated when we die, that's all.
Or to say it better...
The material world is an illusion, because everything is made of energy, thicker or thinner. When we're out of it, we go back to our spirit, which is made of a lighter kind of energy that we are unable to perceive with our eyes, but we continue to exist, one way or the other.
Quote:According to the bible animals don't have souls remeber that Wise.
That's the biggest idiocy I've heard of, except when in the Middle Ages they said that women didn't have a soul, either. I'm with the film: "All dogs go to Heaven".
Quote:I also liked having cboy here, and it's a shame if he's gone.
Doesn't that just mean you're masochist?
Quote:... Anyone still awake after reading that gets a cookie! >XD
Cookie!!!*chomps cookie down* And I agree with you.
Quote:Like all energy in the universe, the electrical signals in your brain will eventually be converted to useless heat energy because of entropy.
Only if negentropy didn't exist.
Quote:No proof what-so-ever of any type of afterlife.
Because science is shit. Science has recently discovered that "animals have dreams". It is as retrograde as religion. Just take a look at the means they use and you'll understand. Those answers are buried inside of one's soul, not in the skull of some jerk with apron.
Quote:I have had several experiences where people I know to be dead have come to me, both in and out of dreams to give me advice about things.
It's been said that dead people can communicate in dream-like states, because of the weakening of mental barriers, that much shape the reality where we think we live.
Oh, and something else:
If anybody here thinks reality can't be shaped by the mind, I'll make them do a little supernatural experience... hahahaha... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
Blaze of Glory I will take you up on that supernatural experience. :P
[Image: dragonimage_76557_72430_pixel.gif]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Gabumon Loverz
Reality is what you make of it. Either that or you're just thinking too hard. Turn off your brain for awhile.
[/quote]That would be your subconscious. It's often mistaken for ghosts.[/quote]

If it were simply my subconscious. then the advice I get would be what I would have thought of on my own.. and it would be at least generally the same.

I know you are going to dismiss this as you have everything else. But these things do feel real to me.. So whether you believe them or not doesnt really matter.
Quote:Because science is shit. Science has recently discovered that "animals have dreams". It is as retrograde as religion.
Don't dismiss science in general because animals have dreams. Keep in mind, we're animals, and we have dreams. Logically, other animals should have dreams.

Quote:If it were simply my subconscious. then the advice I get would be what I would have thought of on my own
No, that would be your consciousness. Advice from your subconscious can be just about anything slightly swayed by life experiences.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Blaze of Glory Wrote:Oh, and something else:
If anybody here thinks reality can't be shaped by the mind, I'll make them do a little supernatural experience... hahahaha... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yes, reality can be shaped by the mind. There are people who we call crazy, some of which who have completely different perceptions of reality. They may see, hear,smell, and feel things that we don't, but that doesn't mean that they have a better sense of reality. It just means that they are crazy. As true as all of this may or may not be...

It still does nothing to prove that an afterlife exists.
Renamon's Army
CrazyWeredragon Wrote:Blaze of Glory I will take you up on that supernatural experience. :P
LOL, it's not supernatural, but it tells how stupid our brain is. Here goes....

"Imagine that you're standing at your kitchen, holding a lemon you've just taken out of the fridge. It feels cold in your hand. Look at its outer looks, its yellowish skin. It has a waxy yellow color, and the skin ends up in two little green peaks. Squeeze it a bit and feel its firmness and weight.
Now take the lemon to your nose and smell it. Nothing smells like a lemon, right? Now cut the lemon in half and smell it again. The scent is more intense. Now bite it and let its juice flow into your mouth. Nothing tastes like a lemon, right?
At this point, if you have used your imagination well, your mouth must have watered.
Let's analyze the applications all this has.
Words, "simple words", affected your salival glands. The words didn't reflect a reality, but something you imagined. When you read those words about a lemon you were telling your brain that you had a lemon, though you weren't seroius. Your brain took it literally and told your salival glands:
'This guy is biting a lemon. Hurry up, wash the mouth'
The glands obeyed.
Most of us think that the words we use reflect meanings that can be good or bad, true or false, powerful or weak. This is true, but it's not all. Words don't only reflect reality, but create a reality, like the saliva flow.
The brain is not a perceptive interpreter of our intentions; it gets information and cumulates it, and since it's in charge of our body, if we tell it something like 'I'm eating a lemon now', it starts to work"
---The Silva Mind Control Method, by Jos
So I guess that means it's all in the mind?
These guys tend to think that way. I don't know, really. But it might be.