Join our server on Discord

Poll: Whats do you belive?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other (please explain)
27.78%
5 27.78%
reborn as something else
5.56%
1 5.56%
Reborn as another person
22.22%
4 22.22%
Sent to an after life
16.67%
3 16.67%
Rot in a grave
27.78%
5 27.78%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Out with a bang
The entity known as 'me' is created and supported by the elecrical functioning of the human brain. When those eletrical signals fade post-mortim, I believe that: the energy of the brain waves rejoin the universal constant and the body, created from crude elements, returns to the Earth, Gaia.

Death is neither beginning, nor end; but merely a stepping stone in the ever-lasting movement of the universe.

... Anyone still awake after reading that gets a cookie! >XD
Quote:but I am sorry to report that science doesn't extend beyond the grave
Then you must work for Fox News.

Quote:When those eletrical signals fade post-mortim, I believe that: the energy of the brain waves rejoin the universal constant and the body,
Like all energy in the universe, the electrical signals in your brain will eventually be converted to useless heat energy because of entropy.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Quote: Quote: but I am sorry to report that science doesn't extend beyond the grave

Then you must work for Fox News.

Well give me some examples and I will change my "report" :)
Veemon's Followers
No proof what-so-ever of any type of afterlife. The idea of an afterlife is entirely made up by people. Once people grew smart enough to contemplate their own existance, and their own deaths, we needed something to keep us sane. Also, we needed to make up gods and spirits to explain the things we didn't have explanations for. If some druid thousands of years ago saw a t.v, he would be sure that it was the work of some type of spirit. We all know that it isn't.

So, as we further explain things, we lose the need to explain things with omnipotent beings.

But, as far as the religion thing keeping masses of people sane, just think about all the people who would crack under the stresses of life without religion.

I don't believe in any religion, but I do know that the belief in one can do a lot of good.

(And a counter point before anyone says it: Religion causes a lot of war, and causes people to generally dislike one another because of their differences.)
Renamon's Army
Quote:Well give me some examples and I will change my "report"
I'd tell you that in a past life, I died and that was it, but I didn't have a past life, because if I had a past life, I wouldn't be alive today.

On second thought, just ditto the above.
I know that you saw me.
Well if you didnt have a past life how would you know what happens after death?
Veemon's Followers
Heh its fun to hear about people supposedly being reborn like this child tells of his 'past life' about himself and all the little details. *shrugs* I'm not for the your dead then your dead but i know thats what it is, and i can't really accept that whats the point of living but that's just me and I'm crazy! But i get what your saying Wise.
rorancrystalwolf Wrote:Well if you didnt have a past life how would you know what happens after death?

You can never know, but anything else other than "You just die and start to decompose" is just an assumption, with no proof at all. At least the "You just die" theory has some proof to it.

Dead guy:

Living guy:That guy is dead! I wonder what will happen to him!?

Dead guy: *gets buried and decomposes over time*

The end

You can see dead people not doing anything other than being dead. You can't see their soul rising up to heaven, or trasfering from one body to another.

Many people need to believe in a sort of after-life to stay sane.
Renamon's Army
I believe that there is something beyond the grave. I don't know what that could be, but I can tell you things I have seen that don't really prove anything, but they are hard to explain away by simple science and shit.

I have had several experiences where people I know to be dead have come to me, both in and out of dreams to give me advice about things.

I have also had times when I set something down, and looked away for a moment, and it was in a different spot. No one else was home at the time.

There are other things, but the rest is more feelings than actual things that happened that I could have proved to anyone if I had gotten evidence of it.
Quote:Well if you didnt have a past life how would you know what happens after death?
If you're such a young genius, how did I get over your head so effortlessly?

Quote:You can never know, but anything else other than "You just die and start to decompose" is just an assumption, with no proof at all. At least the "You just die" theory has some proof to it.

Dead guy:

Living guy:That guy is dead! I wonder what will happen to him!?

Dead guy: *gets buried and decomposes over time*

The end

You can see dead people not doing anything other than being dead. You can't see their soul rising up to heaven, or trasfering from one body to another.

Many people need to believe in a sort of after-life to stay sane.
At least somebody gets it.

Quote:I have had several experiences where people I know to be dead have come to me, both in and out of dreams to give me advice about things.
That would be your subconscious. It's often mistaken for ghosts.
I know that you saw me.