Join our server on Discord

Mind if I do a sports related rant in there?
God damnit! I just posted a long long post, and none of it got though... There goes a wasted 22 mins of my Christmas...
Renamon's Army
Let's talk NASCAR.

A few gripes:

1. Despite the fact Toyota is joining up with Chevy, Dodge and Ford to spice things up a bit in the NEXTEL cup, do some of you see NASCAR as racing for 'rednecks only'?
2. Do you think there are not enough non-beer sponsors on NASCAR cars? (I want to see diversity in car sponsors!)

PS. And as for EA Sports, can they give it a rest so every two years we can have a new licensed game? (They must be busting their butts at EA Sports to try to help us see beyond "New Roster!".)
Quote:In my opinion though College Football is 10 times better then the NFL. In college football the players are there to play. I dont want to sound cliche or anything but College Sports have a lot more heart, spirit, and tradition into the games. Like the most intense rivalry games are within college football.
I disagree. In college, they're just trying to show off to get into the pro's. In professional football, they're all acting as a team to try to win games (at least, the teams that win games have the best teamwork) because that's their job. As for rivalries, how about Cowboys and Redskins? Chiefs and Broncos? or the longest rivalry of them all, Bears and Packers?
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Wisemon Wrote:
Quote:In my opinion though College Football is 10 times better then the NFL. In college football the players are there to play. I dont want to sound cliche or anything but College Sports have a lot more heart, spirit, and tradition into the games. Like the most intense rivalry games are within college football.
I disagree. In college, they're just trying to show off to get into the pro's. In professional football, they're all acting as a team to try to win games (at least, the teams that win games have the best teamwork) because that's their job. As for rivalries, how about Cowboys and Redskins? Chiefs and Broncos? or the longest rivalry of them all, Bears and Packers?

I see your point on some of the players that play college football JUST to get into the pros. Of course if players are going to play college sports they're going to want to get into the pros, I mean who wouldnt? Playing in the NFL is a great opportunity for anybody. Still the passion that goes into the games I'm afraid far surpasses that of the pro level.

Michigan vs. Ohio St.
Florida vs. Florida St.
Florida vs. Miami
Florida St. vs. Miami
Miami vs. Boston College
USC vs. Notre Dame
Michigan vs. Notre Dame
Army vs Navy
Oklahoma vs. Texas
Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma St.
Virginia Tech vs. West Virginia
Louisville vs. Kentucky

I guarentee you if you ask any true football fan which is a more heated rivalry Michigan vs. Ohio St. or Dallas vs. Redskins they will most likely pick OSU vs. Michigan
The OCA
Quote:I guarentee you if you ask any true football fan which is a more heated rivalry Michigan vs. Ohio St. or Dallas vs. Redskins they will most likely pick OSU vs. Michigan
It's regional. You ask somebody in Michigan, where they really don't give a shit about the Lions, and yeah, they'll probably say Michigan vs. Ohio State, but you hop over to Wisconsin, and they'll probably say Packers and Bears.
I know that you saw me.
^_^ Oh contrare but I happen to be a Lions fan through and through. Born and raised in Michigan and lived on Michigan sports. Plust the rivalry between Wisconsin vs Michigan is pretty big too. Wisconsin's only lost this year was to Number 3 ranked Michgan.
The OCA
Quote:^_^ Oh contrare but I happen to be a Lions fan through and through. Born and raised in Michigan and lived on Michigan sports. Plust the rivalry between Wisconsin vs Michigan is pretty big too. Wisconsin's only lost this year was to Number 3 ranked Michgan.
Wisconsin's (the university) claim to fame isn't football; it's partying. That's why they're there.
I know that you saw me.
Ya know, I live nowhere near Indiana, home to the Irish.

It isn't all regional, but a bunch of it is. I don't think there are too many Gamecock fans in Texas, lol.
Renamon's Army