Join our server on Discord

PC crybabies
cboy Wrote:the other side of the fence
You mean reality? Wink

But really, it's sad that you see life in confrontational terms like this.
Quote:You mean reality?

Nah, that's the side I'm on.

Quote:But really, it's sad that you see life in confrontational terms like this.

So I should ignore a blatant violation of the First Amendment?
I agree with Herr Mullen; Technologic was out of line. Now you guys can have it out in the private room (I forget what it's called at the moment), or you can get back on topic. If you don't, I'm locking the thread.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Okay, back on topic; I feel I have a legitimate reason to be worried. If we've come to the point where a few people complaining can get something banned, what good are our laws and our amendments? There is nothing in the constitution or the law that protects people from being offended, yet both of these things are being bypassed as though they didn't exist.

The First Amendment of the Constitution protects everyone's right to choose their own religion, as well as protect their freedom to express that religion. By banning Crucifixes and other symbols of Christianity just to please one or two people or one or two groups of people is in violation of that Amendment, and the fact that this has not been realized by the government and the other people who are caving into the demands of the PC crowd makes me concerned. I don't want to wake up one morning and find that I can't have a job because someone in line at the unemployment office complained about people like me.
Quote:I don't want to wake up one morning and find that I can't have a job because someone in line at the unemployment office complained about people like me.

There has been no recorded incident of such, and once again you're blowing this out of proportion.

Quote:By banning Crucifixes and other symbols of Christianity just to please one or two people or one or two groups of people is in violation of that Amendment, and the fact that this has not been realized by the government and the other people who are caving into the demands of the PC crowd makes me concerned.

Its not the demands of the 'PC' crowd that are caving people in. The reason why most parties take down certain 'religious' decorations is because of their incompotence. When the 'PC' people complain, they usually have a legitament reason, like having their displays being denied for another Nativity scene. They sue. The parent company (I.E the accused) fail to settle on their own neglagence and end up taking everything down because they know a regular atmosphere won;t cause trouble.

In the Library of Congress, thousands of these cases are docketed each year. Most are destroyed. The ones remaining are simply law suits that never reached aggreement. One states a Rabbi wanted a Menorah with the Holiday decorations, got the authority to do so, and was shocked to find the public works denied him. He sued. The public works couldn't reach an agreement so they just tore everything down.

There are rare cases of PC crowds being the problem.

Like a chorus teacher in Denver asked the school board if she could sing Jewish songs along with the Christian ones. At first the accepted, but then when parents started to complain about the three Jewish Songs compared to the Christian four, the board simply banned the 'religious' songs because of their own concious decisions to.

In the legal history of the matter, according the Library of Congress, most lawsuits dealing with religious backgrounds have been unsettled, resulting in the parent companys' own discretion on the matter.
I'll buy most of that, but I think you have the rare/majority parts mixed up.
Renamon's Army
I find myself agreeing with cboy on this one, many of the more "sentimental" people are worried that christianity is drwoing out other religions and it is being forced upon others. While this may be true in some cases (I have run into people who base their entire judgements of people on religion alone) the majority of christians encourage the word of god, but do not try to force the issue. Also, many of these same "sentimental" people are also adamant supporters of freedom of expression when talking about homosexual's and other groups. In my opinion, people should be allowed to express their religion, as lond as it dose not violate the rights and liberties and others.
fred_18 Wrote:I really don't care about the basis of christmas, to me it doesn't matter. I may be a christian, I don't go through all the trouble reading the bible because most of the stuff in it is all mixed up and twisted. we don't really know if there is truly a Jesus christ or if there is even a true god.
Wow. This deserves to be preserved for the future. Whole post needs to be highlighted, really.
Quote:In my opinion, people should be allowed to express their religion, as lond as it dose not violate the rights and liberties and others.
What about the annoyances? The guy in the collar on the street passing out Jesus comics, the Jehovah's Witness at my door, or the mall traffic in late November to December? Isn't that a violation of my right to not have extra stuff pissing me off?
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
The first two but people shop for the other 2 or 3 holidays too.
I'd be out there to get you a gift then if I could.