Join our server on Discord

Eragon Movie
Well maybe the critics and I are the only ones who think the book is similar to Star Wars, Lord of the Rings not so much. Which I don't have problem with it is still a good book that kept me engrossed in the story.

As for the box office I had meant that if perhaps they had chosen better and more well known actors/director it might have done a bit better. Also because there weren't many people who had good things to say about it, less people would be less willing to see it. I have friends, some who have read it others who haven't, who say they don't want to see it because everyone is saying it was bad.
Yes certain titles bring in money, but also word of mouth also brings in money. If more people said it was good than more people even those unfamilar with it would see it.

I admit I still haven't seen it yet so I am going by what everyone is saying. So ignore me if you chose to, because I might not know what I am talking about.
The trailers made it seem goofy to me. I will watch it on dvd though. I really can't rip on something that I haven't seen. I played the game for a few mins, and it sucked...
Renamon's Army
Lots of people have been saying its like starwars or LOTR but i disagree, it is similar but completely different.
I saw it on boxing day and Zafira(the dragon for those who thought i meant the car lol ) is something you MUST see!

(personally i think Eragon is barking up the wrong tree with that princess girl hmmmm i wonder if dragonesses can become jealous.....)
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
The dragon is Saphira haha

I just got the game on PSP and I don't think it is too bad but it may just be me :-p
Veemon's Followers
maybe i just heard the name wrong then....

i don't usually buy games that have also become films too but i may try to get the Eragon game for xbox.
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
I enjoyed the dragon and Brom. Everything else was either butchered or just didn't make sense to me, having read the book.

-Renafan
[Image: Ikuto_Peckmon4_Ever.jpg]
"I'll keep you safe...forever."
Peckuto
I am planning to read the book tomorrow if I can find it at the library.. and then I will see the movie when it comes out on DVD because it is cheaper to do it that way.
Well, I went out to see it, with someone else. Let me say, first of all I haven't read the book. I've read a few dragon stories, and I'm vaguely familiar with the whole dragon and rider theme. The movie wasn't great. If it wasn't for the dragon, I would have said that it was worse then the Dungeons and Dragons movie. The dragon's actor did a good job, but the script also helped. I also believe that the script, either a mix of time limit or just low skills, wasn't written too well. Many things felt forced, almost, just so things were explained to those who couldn't pick such subtitles.

Past being fantasy, there is little similarities to the Lord of the Rings. In all rights, I really can't see how you could call them similar. Eragon wasn't an epic movie like Lord of the Rings. I did find similarities to Star wars though. I pointed it out when they showed up, but I don't discredit the story for it. They were minor pieces to the whole movie.
If anyone's read David Eddings' Belgariad and Mallorean series, you'll see a lot of similarities. Also, this kids' book that I bought at a book fair when I was 13 called Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher. You can check out Eragon on wikipedia and see all the similarities it has to other media.
I think I read that dragon hatcher book a long time ago.
Renamon's Army